How Is Your U11 Holding Up?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I can't remember the last time I had a phone for a whole year. It's that good. I don't think I'll any problem waiting for the Pixel 3. :D

That's awesome! So glad you are enjoying it! And the Pixel 3 will be a great phone! Have you been checking out the rumours?

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
That's awesome! So glad you are enjoying it! And the Pixel 3 will be a great phone! Have you been checking out the rumours?

Yup! I'm sure there will be many more rumors before October, but I'm ready to get back into the Google.

BTW, thanks for your efforts here. I appreciate them. :D

coronaboy10

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Still loving Solar Red. Havent had any issues at all. Battery life is still great.Device is still fast and still love the sound coming from the speakers. Camera is still outstanding. The only noticeable issue is sometimes the notification dropdown starts acting crazy and moving on its own, but i just remove the case its in and it stops. PUt it back on and its good to go. I do have the squeeze functionality disabled though.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Still loving Solar Red. Havent had any issues at all. Battery life is still great.Device is still fast and still love the sound coming from the speakers. Camera is still outstanding. The only noticeable issue is sometimes the notification dropdown starts acting crazy and moving on its own, but i just remove the case its in and it stops. PUt it back on and its good to go. I do have the squeeze functionality disabled though.

So glad it's still working well for you - and the Solar Red colour is amazing!

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Bought 4 HTC U11 phones with the preorder special of $300 each and 2 Echo Dots with each. The Dots make a great intercom system. One is in China with my son. Two phones have no damage. Two developed cracked screens from minor drops with the HTC included clear case (before other cases were even available-- a problem with early adoption). Son had Sprint fix his screen for $200. Mine is still broken a year later. If the U12 Plus is carried by Sprint and is a good deal on pre-order, I will switch to that. Otherwise, I will wait another year with a cracked screen. All of us have enjoyed great photos, decent battery life, and good audio. I am using the Bluewave GET with my old 3.5 mm Harman Kardon headphones from my M8. I am still an HTC fan.
https://www.bluewaveaudio.ca/home-2/?currency=USD&v=7516fd43adaa

gtpred99

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Everyday I am continually impressed with this phone. After a year, it shows no sign of slowing down. Blazing fast, very impressive camera, impressive display, fantastic sounding bundled ear buds, really good battery life and stupid fast finger print scanner, and everything got better with Oreo. I just wish someone made a equally good tempered glass screen protector. I've tried 5 or 6, took them off with in a day.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Everyday I am continually impressed with this phone. After a year, it shows no sign of slowing down. Blazing fast, very impressive camera, impressive display, fantastic sounding bundled ear buds, really good battery life and stupid fast finger print scanner, and everything got better with Oreo. I just wish someone made a equally good tempered glass screen protector. I've tried 5 or 6, took them off with in a day.

So glad it's working so well for you! Especially after a year's time! That's too bad about the screen protector, though. Does HTC sell any from their home page?

davidtm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just had sudden onset of loss of gravity sensor and edge sensors. Weird!

Tried doing diagnostics in safe mode, and nothing doing.

Any thoughts or similar experiences??

TIA

Altema22

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I just had sudden onset of loss of gravity sensor and edge sensors. Weird!

Tried doing diagnostics in safe mode, and nothing doing.

Any thoughts or similar experiences??

TIA

I did have a few sensors stop working on my former HTC M8, including gravity and accelerometer. They did not work again until I did a factory reset and reload.

Altema22

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I've had mine for over a year, and it's held up very well. It's interesting that the glass back has fared better than my plastic iPhone 5C, metal iPhone 7, and metal HTC M8 did. I counted close to 30 nicks and dents on the M8, and the 5C was just a mess despite being babied.

The only failure was the USB C port, but HTC fixed that for free despite being out of warranty. Performance, camera, and audio are still awesome. Faster than our son's iPhone 8 Plus or my friend's iPhone X.

The gorgeous screen was unexpected. I use the U11 side by side with a Note 8 at work, and the U11 LCD is just as vivid as the Note 8 AMOLED, slightly brighter, and sharper. Amazing job.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine for over a year, and it's held up very well. It's interesting that the glass back has fared better than my plastic iPhone 5C, metal iPhone 7, and metal HTC M8 did. I counted close to 30 nicks and dents on the M8, and the 5C was just a mess despite being babied.

The only failure was the USB C port, but HTC fixed that for free despite being out of warranty. Performance, camera, and audio are still awesome. Faster than our son's iPhone 8 Plus or my friend's iPhone X.

The gorgeous screen was unexpected. I use the U11 side by side with a Note 8 at work, and the U11 LCD is just as vivid as the Note 8 AMOLED, slightly brighter, and sharper. Amazing job.

I'm so glad it's still holding up well for you! It's a good quality phone! What colour did you get?

SkypilotOfHope

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
My USB C port has been acting up, audio disconnecting, Android Auto disconnecting. How did you get HTC to fix this?

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
My U11 still rocks. Have had pretty much zero problems since the Verizon connection problems early on. Thinking about giving the Pixel 3a XL a spin, but i can get the Pixel 2XL at Verizon right now for $240. Hard to pass up at that price. Sad to leave HTC behind, but it is what it is. Still love my U11 though.

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Having been using the Pixel 3a XL for a few weeks now, there are atleast two things that stand out that i miss about HTC. Volume and Video. Been bouncing back and forth between the Pixel and U11. Kind of regret getting the Pixel now that HTC has announced a new release.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89