With my HTC U11 (8.0 Oreo), if I don't open an app for a few days, the notifications get killed altogether until I open the app again, then the notifications are active again for a few days.

This has nothing to do with Android's built in battery optimization feature because all of these apps I'm referring to are excluded from optimization. There is something else killing my notifications and I can't figure out what it is.

I have Clean Master and also Boost+ (which came installed with the phone) running, but there are no features or options within those apps that kill notifications after an app isn't used for a certain period of time. I checked every single feature of them both.

If anyone can help with this, I'd really appreciate it.

~FGN
    04-20-2018 07:51 PM
    First uninstall Clean Master it's horrible and as far as I know it is not preinstalled unless it was preinstalled on the Sprint model. With Android optimization and Boost+ you don't need Clean Master. Second in the Boost+ app under power optimizer check and see if the apps you are having problems with are being optimized in the background. If they are turn off background optimization on those apps.
    04-20-2018 09:28 PM
    Yes, absolutely get rid of Clean Master. It will do the exact opposite of its intended purpose. I've used it before, deleted it, and never looked back!
    James E1 likes this.
    04-21-2018 10:04 AM
    First uninstall Clean Master it's horrible and as far as I know it is not preinstalled unless it was preinstalled on the Sprint model. With Android optimization and Boost+ you don't need Clean Master. Second in the Boost+ app under power optimizer check and see if the apps you are having problems with are being optimized in the background. If they are turn off background optimization on those apps.

Hello, sorry for the late reply. Speaking of notifications being killed, I didn't get one email notification for the couple of replies I received on this thread, but that had nothing to do with my issue I posted since my email notifications work all the time. Android Central never sent me the emails when you replied (not in Spam either). I checked my settings on here, and I'm definitely subscribed to this thread. Weird.

Ok, I will uninstall Clean Master, and yes, I did check the apps under the optimizer feature of Boost+ and they're not being optimized by it. It will take some time for me to see if uninstalling Clean Master was the culprit so that I know for sure, but either way, I'll let you know my results. Thanks for the help/tip.
    05-17-2018 01:58 AM
    Yes, absolutely get rid of Clean Master. It will do the exact opposite of its intended purpose. I've used it before, deleted it, and never looked back!
    Thank you, yes, I am going to uninstall it and see if that was the issue.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-17-2018 01:59 AM
    Thank you, yes, I am going to uninstall it and see if that was the issue.
    Has your situation gotten any better over the past week?
    05-22-2018 06:01 PM
    Has your situation gotten any better over the past week?
    Hello, thanks for checking in with my issue. Yes, so far so good, but I want to give it a little more time because there are some apps that I have not received notifications on, but on the other hand, there hasn't been much activity on them anyway (apps like Amazon, Paypal, and some other financially-related apps). I'll definitely give you a final verdict either way. Thanks again.

~FGN
    05-22-2018 09:43 PM