Has HTC given up on us. There have been no security updates since December. I guess that is the state of the company. Anyone have any idea what is going on. Even this forum is dead now
    06-16-2018 09:53 AM
    Has HTC given up on us. There have been no security updates since December. I guess that is the state of the company. Anyone have any idea what is going on. Even this forum is dead now
    Yeah I'm not sure. I know I'm not having any issues with it. The forums are dead. The updates seem to be dead. Reaching out to them on Twitter might yield an answer.
    06-16-2018 08:23 PM
    I love this phone! Hopefully you get some answers soon!
    06-17-2018 06:22 PM
    I wonder if they are still in business. They don't answer on Facebook or Twitter.
    06-18-2018 11:17 AM
    Well they never answered on Twitter and on Facebook they said I had to contact the provider for updates. When I said the phone came from them unlocked, they went silent.

I feel sorry for anyone buying the U12. I have a feeling this is a dead end
    06-18-2018 09:09 PM
    I think they're pretty dead or they going to get their customer service better. Because I have my HTC u11 in the repair center and for the second time. I've had no calls yet and I I'm waiting for them to send me some information or I'm going to call them. but I happen to get a Sony Xperia xz-2 for like Foreigner books and I'm on June's security update when they see you 11 was on December 2017 so I'm pretty happy with Sony.
    06-18-2018 09:43 PM
    According to HTC support any security updates have to come from my provider. My provider, Verizon does not support this phone. They do not provide security updates for phones they do not support according to their support people.

I guess the same thing will happen to the U12 owners when their phone gets to be a year old.
    06-29-2018 07:05 AM
    According to HTC support any security updates have to come from my provider. My provider, Verizon does not support this phone. They do not provide security updates for phones they do not support according to their support people.

I guess the same thing will happen to the U12 owners when their phone gets to be a year old.
    That is very unfortunate...
    06-29-2018 07:54 AM

That is just not true since the phone is unlocked the updates are done by the manufacturer. That is just them trying to save their asses in my opinion and I've had HTC for a very long time. Right now I have a Sony Xperia xz-2 their newest phone cuz I should pretty good and they're on June's update. And that did not come from AT & T who is my service provider.
    06-29-2018 10:10 PM
    HTC support doesn't know what they are talking about half the time
    07-01-2018 03:35 AM
    Mo Versi left HTC in March. I will ask @urbanstrata about updates for us.
    Gus_Gutz likes this.
    07-06-2018 08:52 PM
    Mo Versi left HTC in March. I will ask @urbanstrata about updates for us.
    They stopped replying to my emails. They constantly gave me the runaround. They wanted me to contact my provider or rest my phone to factory. They never once provided anything of substance. I think the company is done and what we have is it.
    07-09-2018 10:13 AM
    From HTCUSA on Twitter to me today:
    Great to hear from one of our loyal fans! We know how important it is to have your phone updated to a more current Android Version or security patch release. Upon checking our updates page at https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=U7WuqLEB …, we only have the Android 8.0 file uploaded which only has the December 2017 Android Security Updates. We do appreciate for your patience with us on this. Have a good one!

At least someone is alive at HTC USA. Could be on life support, sure, but not dead yet.
    07-10-2018 04:27 PM