I want to see if anyone else has this issue and if there are any solutions.

I have some bluetooth headphones. Whenever I lose a wifi connection, the phone redirects audio from my headphones to the speakers on the phone.

I can simulate this by turning off the wifi. Without fail, if I turn off wifi the audio cuts from the headphones to the speakers on the U11.

The interesting thing is that my phone still says the headphones are connected via bluetooth. I have to turn off the bluetooth and turn it back on to get audio through the headphones.

Another odd thing: turning on wifi does not make the bluetooth cut out. It only happens when I lose a wifi signal.

Other troubleshooting:
    I tested these headphones on other devices and they work fine
    I unpaired and repaired the headphones and the problem still persists.

I contacted HTC, and of course they have not been very prompt to help.

Any ideas???
    09-22-2018 12:49 PM
    There's media audio, phone audio and system audio (like a "bing" when you tap something). If the headphones are media only, only media audio goes to them. If you're getting that media audio via wifi (like listening to music coming from the internet, and using wifi, not mobile data), when you lose the music, all the other sounds, taping an icon, the phone ringing, a notification sound, come from the speakers. They're not media audio. (You probably just never noticed sounds coming from the speakers when you were listening to media on the headphones.)

That;s normal operation. (HTC may redirect all audio channels [there are 4] to the headphones when you're playing media through Bluetooth, but that would be UTC, not Android, Sometimes it would be nice if that happened, but it isn't supposed to.)
    09-22-2018 01:17 PM
    This is happening with podcasts I have downloaded onto the phone, not streamed.

These headphones do all audio...they have a mic and I can answer the phone when it rings.
    09-22-2018 02:25 PM
    I ran safe mode and I didn't have an issue. It must be some app or something.
    09-22-2018 02:46 PM
    I am having strange audio issues that seemed to have popped up over the last few weeks. When I stream over mobile data Bluetooth audio works fine. But I stop streaming and play something local, it only plays through the phone speakers. When I am streaming music using Amazon or Google play music and then switch over to an Audible, Audible will only play through the phone speakers. If I do not close the music app and start using Audible, Audible plays through the bluetooth device. But if I am playing Audible and close the music app the connection to the bluetooth device closes and the sound only comes from the phone speakers.

Very annoying because I like to switch between those apps while driving and at work.
    09-23-2018 11:34 AM
    I've been searching for others with this same trouble. It has to be software because I am having the same problem with my Samsung Note 4. Mystery is, of course, which one and will removing it repair the trouble? It is "cured" by using BTmono, but it's not much of a fix.
    09-24-2018 07:58 AM
    Uninstall the iHeart app if you have it. The 9/17 release switches your audio from Bluetooth to the phone speaker anytime WIFI disconnects or you turn it off. This happens no matter which app you're using.
    10-02-2018 08:06 PM
    I am having the same problem... Started happening after about a year and a half of no problems with headphones or my Sync system in my truck... I read all the comments and have deleted I 💓 radio and will see if that works.... Crossing my fingers
    10-06-2018 07:13 AM