As the title says;

It started while I were in calls. Then also as I was using Spotify, from the phone's speaker and also with my headset on. I even tried to use it via my bluetooth speaker and it crasched. The restart comes from a few seconds of using sound, to an hour.

This has been going on for some time now, and I suspected that the software had gone bad, not the hardware, due to the fact that four different speakers (bottom phone, loud speaker phone, headset and bluetoothspeaker) all fails with this. I just tried wiping the entire OS and everything else with it, squeezed the LineageOS on it but it just restared as I used sound from using the buttons on screen.

Help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
    12-07-2019 04:03 PM
    Have you tried safe mode ?
    My advice is go back on stock firmware because we can't help you on a custom one then we can precede from there .I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can't.https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    12-07-2019 04:25 PM
    Hi Mustang! Thank you for replying so fast. I have been quite busy myself but here I am

Yes, I've tried that a couple times, sadly with no luck. I think the phone hold out for longer as I cleared the cache, but not for very long.

If I remember correctly it all started with my phone's sound gone(not restarting itself) until I restarted it myself. Overslept a few times due to that. And the timelap between the sound going away were more than a month. I could still use the phone to make phonecalls I belive. Then later it got like this, restarting all the time as I use sound.

I switched to this OS just to see if it would cure it's illness. A simple factory reset(which I did alot) worked as much as clearing the cache in the boot/download mode.

I been thinking about some kind of liquid damage, but I've not drenched it once, not even close, and the U11 should be fine in water too.
    12-07-2019 07:08 PM
    Hi Mustang! Thank you for replying so fast. I have been quite busy myself but here I am

Yes, I've tried that a couple times, sadly with no luck. I think the phone hold out for longer as I cleared the cache, but not for very long.

If I remember correctly it all started with my phone's sound gone(not restarting itself) until I restarted it myself. Overslept a few times due to that. And the timelap between the sound going away were more than a month. I could still use the phone to make phonecalls I belive. Then later it got like this, restarting all the time as I use sound.

I switched to this OS just to see if it would cure it's illness. A simple factory reset(which I did alot) worked as much as clearing the cache in the boot/download mode.

I been thinking about some kind of liquid damage, but I've not drenched it once, not even close, and the U11 should be fine in water too.
    Hi , Welcome Getben!
    Thank you for giving a better understanding what happening, have you tried safe mode ? Also have you gone over the phone make sure microphone and speakers are free of obstruction , like dirt or lint.
    12-07-2019 07:47 PM
    Safe mode has had the same effect I'm affraid. No luck there.

The phone is almost in pristine condition, I rechecked the whole phone and even tried to scrach softly into the speaker/mic holes with a strong plastic needle, but no dust were revealed.

I do know that the HTC U11 uses more complex hardware than other phones, and now I'm certain that it's not software anymore. I might have to turn it in for inspection. Might be cheaper to get a new one, the warrenty broke as I removed the stock ROM (;

If you have any ideas that might help my case, I'm all ears.

Thank you
    12-08-2019 09:56 AM
    Safe mode has had the same effect I'm affraid. No luck there.

The phone is almost in pristine condition, I rechecked the whole phone and even tried to scrach softly into the speaker/mic holes with a strong plastic needle, but no dust were revealed.

I do know that the HTC U11 uses more complex hardware than other phones, and now I'm certain that it's not software anymore. I might have to turn it in for inspection. Might be cheaper to get a new one, the warrenty broke as I removed the stock ROM (;

If you have any ideas that might help my case, I'm all ears.

Thank you
    If you return it stock and try to warranty it , sounds like hardware issue . Your welcome!
    12-08-2019 09:58 AM