Has anyone else run into this? I've been using Netflix for more than a year on my U11, since before the Pie update. And I've been using it since the update. But suddenly, the app pops up a message saying there's a newer version and asks me to update. But when I choose to update, it takes me to the Play Store, where it says my device isn't compatible with Netflix.

Anyone know why this is happening, and whether there's a fix for it?

Thanks in advance!
    01-15-2020 01:34 PM
    It may well be a bug or the update isn't compatible with your hardware. Best thing to do is contact Netflix for support
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-15-2020 04:44 PM
    Try clear data,cache and force stop it.
    01-15-2020 06:03 PM
    Also, is your phone rooted?
    01-15-2020 06:42 PM
    Thanks for the various responses. The phone isn't rooted. I tried clearing the cache, but I think this may be related to the Play Store. I found other users complaining about a similar problem, and they point to the Play Protect Certification in the Play Store app's settings. Mine says "Device is not certified". I have no idea what Google or HTC did that caused this.

If HTC is responsible, I'm pretty sure there's no way to get a fix from them. Hopefully it's something on Google's end and will get fixed.
    01-15-2020 07:56 PM
    Thanks for the various responses. The phone isn't rooted. I tried clearing the cache, but I think this may be related to the Play Store. I found other users complaining about a similar problem, and they point to the Play Protect Certification in the Play Store app's settings. Mine says "Device is not certified". I have no idea what Google or HTC did that caused this.

If HTC is responsible, I'm pretty sure there's no way to get a fix from them. Hopefully it's something on Google's end and will get fixed.
    That 'not certified' problem can be fixed in some cases. Go to settings - apps - select Show system - select Google Play Services and clear cache. Repeat the same process for the Google Play Store and restart the phone. If the problem persists this time clear Data/Storage only for the Play Store and restart again.
    01-15-2020 08:00 PM
    That 'not certified' problem can be fixed in some cases. Go to settings - apps - select Show system - select Google Play Services and clear cache. Repeat the same process for the Google Play Store and restart the phone. If the problem persists this time clear Data/Storage only for the Play Store and restart again.
    Thanks, Javier. I tried clearing data and cache for the Play Store and that didn't help. For Play Services, the clear data and cache buttons are disable so I can't pick them. At this point, as long as Netflix is still working, I think I can live with it. Maybe this is yet another sign that I should get a new phone this year.
    01-16-2020 04:46 PM
    Thanks, Javier. I tried clearing data and cache for the Play Store and that didn't help. For Play Services, the clear data and cache buttons are disable so I can't pick them. At this point, as long as Netflix is still working, I think I can live with it. Maybe this is yet another sign that I should get a new phone this year.
    Have you tried uninstalling updates for the Play Store app?
    01-16-2020 08:13 PM
    Device not certified usual when phone in beta software or rooted ...strange
    01-16-2020 08:26 PM
    Have you tried uninstalling updates for the Play Store app?
    Yup, tried that. There's no setting to show Device Certification now, but Netflix won't show up in search, so it looks like the problem's still there.
    Thanks.
    01-17-2020 11:40 AM
    Device not certified usual when phone in beta software or rooted ...strange
    Yeah, it is weird. Not running beta software, and phone isn't rooted. I haven't done anything with the bootlocker or tried to circumvent any of the security.
    01-17-2020 11:41 AM
    Yup, tried that. There's no setting to show Device Certification now, but Netflix won't show up in search, so it looks like the problem's still there.
    Thanks.
    Not sure what else to suggest, sorry. Let the Play Store update in the background, or force it from the settings, and see what happens.
    01-17-2020 12:09 PM
    Yeah, it is weird. Not running beta software, and phone isn't rooted. I haven't done anything with the bootlocker or tried to circumvent any of the security.
    You running any VPN ?
    01-17-2020 01:25 PM
    Try version 3..old but works. Apkmirror
    01-17-2020 01:27 PM
    Hi all,

To be clear, Netfix still works for me. It's just that it popped up a "new version" notification a few times, and when I go to the Play Store, it won't show a listing for Netflix. I can live with it for now, until/unless Netflix stops working. Hopefully, it will last until I get a new phone from a company other than HTC.
    01-21-2020 11:42 AM
    it's a bug with Android Pie and the U11
    02-09-2020 12:17 AM
    it's a bug with Android Pie and the U11
    So... pretty much not fixable unless HTC miraculously delivers Android 10, or I buy a new phone, right?
    02-11-2020 11:39 AM