06-10-2018 02:03 PM
55 123
tools
    I had the P20 Pro for a few days. EMUI is an acquired taste, and I couldn't acquire it.

The phone was fast, and the battery life was awesome. The cameras...ug. Over processing and over sharpening destroy every picture. Pics looked great when small, but when viewed at 100%, they were horrid. Like... Bad.. My S9+ pics looked better in every way.

The night mode however, that was good. Again though, the processing killed all the fine detail.

I returned the P20 Pro. Wasn't impressed.
    I've seen lots of videos of the P20 pro & think I'll get on fine with it. Plus I'll be playing around with the camera options to see what I think is best.

I've heard people say that the camera AI is what makes greens & blues brighter but you can turn that off.
    GibMcFragger likes this.
    06-08-2018 11:29 AM
    Well the phone was brilliant when I first got it as I got 6 hours of screen on time & I loved the shatterproof screen. Nice big 3760mah battery too. Now I get about 2 hours & the phone turns itself off anywhere from 46% downwards. If reviews are not good for the U12 + then I may get the Huawei P20 pro but just a bit worried it's not gonna be fast like the Snapdragon 845.
    Sounds like you need to reset your battery. Look on YT there are multiple videos on how to fix your battery dying at anything but 0%.
    06-08-2018 01:27 PM
    I've seen lots of videos of the P20 pro & think I'll get on fine with it. Plus I'll be playing around with the camera options to see what I think is best.

I've heard people say that the camera AI is what makes greens & blues brighter but you can turn that off.
    Yea. The picture quality is somewhat subjective. I didn't like it, but you may.

Also, the issues were software related, and could be fixed with updates.
    06-08-2018 03:59 PM
    Yea. The picture quality is somewhat subjective. I didn't like it, but you may.

Also, the issues were software related, and could be fixed with updates.
    What software issues did you come across?
    06-08-2018 05:48 PM
    What software issues did you come across?
    Notifications were screwy. It would randomly play a 5+ second phone ring tone for SMS or Gmail, instead of the one I actually chose. I also had a few apps not play friendly with EMUI.

Nothing that couldn't be fixed with an update, I just didn't love the phone enough to bother waiting.

The camera really ruined it for me. The bad white balance, over saturation issues, and over sharpening made it feel several steps down from my S9+.
    06-10-2018 02:03 PM
55 123