HTC U12?

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
It's a mixed bag. I highly doubt it has bad battery life. There's a bunch of YouTubers saying it has great battery life. I'll determine once I have had it for a week. Still waiting on a shipping notification from HTC. Getting a little impatient

I wish more reviews were out & everyone who has pre-ordered it had there phones too. I used to get 6 hours of screen on time from the phone I'm on now but now the battery is knackered I get about 2 hours. Need a phone that can give me 6 hours screen on time again or more. Can't go for less like 4 hours.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I wish more reviews were out & everyone who has pre-ordered it had there phones too. I used to get 6 hours of screen on time from the phone I'm on now but now the battery is knackered I get about 2 hours. Need a phone that can give me 6 hours screen on time again or more. Can't go for less like 4 hours.

Wow, with my U11 I get about 3 1/2 hours SOT. I also barely ever run down the battery past 25% though. It seems that I spend less and less time on my phone as I get older. I am literally on the computer for work all day though so that contributes to it. I only upgraded because my U11 got smashed when my axel snapped and I hit a tree back in February. Otherwise I probably would've kept it. The camera and battery life are awesome for my usage. I am excited for the 12 to come in though. Get in some star trail photos! You know, that's on thing nobody ever mentions. You can get some of the best night photography out of this phone with the 32 second long exposure. I have literally caught the Earth's rotation with my 10 and U11.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

I’m thinking their might still be an embargo for the US. The reviews will start trickling in once it gets closer to shopping time.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

What phone are you using now - the U11?

anon(8532178)

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Wow, with my U11 I get about 3 1/2 hours SOT. I also barely ever run down the battery past 25% though. It seems that I spend less and less time on my phone as I get older. I am literally on the computer for work all day though so that contributes to it. I only upgraded because my U11 got smashed when my axel snapped and I hit a tree back in February. Otherwise I probably would've kept it. The camera and battery life are awesome for my usage. I am excited for the 12 to come in though. Get in some star trail photos! You know, that's on thing nobody ever mentions. You can get some of the best night photography out of this phone with the 32 second long exposure. I have literally caught the Earth's rotation with my 10 and U11.

I'm 24 I'm starting not to use my phone as much either just simple quick tasks.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Oh, cool! And thank you for using those two names - I live in Canada and I've heard both and wondered what I was missing! Haha.

Well the phone was brilliant when I first got it as I got 6 hours of screen on time & I loved the shatterproof screen. Nice big 3760mah battery too. Now I get about 2 hours & the phone turns itself off anywhere from 46% downwards. If reviews are not good for the U12 + then I may get the Huawei P20 pro but just a bit worried it's not gonna be fast like the Snapdragon 845.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Well the phone was brilliant when I first got it as I got 6 hours of screen on time & I loved the shatterproof screen. Nice big 3760mah battery too. Now I get about 2 hours & the phone turns itself off anywhere from 46% downwards. If reviews are not good for the U12 + then I may get the Huawei P20 pro but just a bit worried it's not gonna be fast like the Snapdragon 845.

I had the P20 Pro for a few days. EMUI is an acquired taste, and I couldn't acquire it.

The phone was fast, and the battery life was awesome. The cameras...ug. Over processing and over sharpening destroy every picture. Pics looked great when small, but when viewed at 100%, they were horrid. Like... Bad.. My S9+ pics looked better in every way.

The night mode however, that was good. Again though, the processing killed all the fine detail.

I returned the P20 Pro. Wasn't impressed.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I had the P20 Pro for a few days. EMUI is an acquired taste, and I couldn't acquire it.

The phone was fast, and the battery life was awesome. The cameras...ug. Over processing and over sharpening destroy every picture. Pics looked great when small, but when viewed at 100%, they were horrid. Like... Bad.. My S9+ pics looked better in every way.

The night mode however, that was good. Again though, the processing killed all the fine detail.

I returned the P20 Pro. Wasn't impressed.

I've seen lots of videos of the P20 pro & think I'll get on fine with it. Plus I'll be playing around with the camera options to see what I think is best.

I've heard people say that the camera AI is what makes greens & blues brighter but you can turn that off.

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

Sounds like you need to reset your battery. Look on YT there are multiple videos on how to fix your battery dying at anything but 0%.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I've seen lots of videos of the P20 pro & think I'll get on fine with it. Plus I'll be playing around with the camera options to see what I think is best.

I've heard people say that the camera AI is what makes greens & blues brighter but you can turn that off.
Yea. The picture quality is somewhat subjective. I didn't like it, but you may.

Also, the issues were software related, and could be fixed with updates.

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
What software issues did you come across?

Notifications were screwy. It would randomly play a 5+ second phone ring tone for SMS or Gmail, instead of the one I actually chose. I also had a few apps not play friendly with EMUI.

Nothing that couldn't be fixed with an update, I just didn't love the phone enough to bother waiting.

The camera really ruined it for me. The bad white balance, over saturation issues, and over sharpening made it feel several steps down from my S9+.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech