HTC U12 Possible Leaked Specs

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Thought HTC would have revealed this phone by now & a release date now we are in mid April. Starting to make me think this phone will be out in June not early May.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thought HTC would have revealed this phone by now & a release date now we are in mid April. Starting to make me think this phone will be out in June not early May.

Yep, phones seem to get released later than we expected... That's how the cookie crumbles! :( Hopefully we will be surprised and it will be released in the spring instead of summer!

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
On android authority they mentioned a Verizon listing which was this screenshot. Wonder if it's being announced real soon?

Attachments

• 187905.jpg
    187905.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 142

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I saw that too. It's a little bizarre, because everything we've heard is that they're skipping the 12 and going straight to the 12+. But I wonder if what's really happening is that we're getting both of them, and it's going to turn into a Galaxy S9/S9+ situation, where the plus version gets the dual camera setup. Because that picture is obviously no dual-camera, and it looks like the U11.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
In that picture it is the U11. I'm really looking forward to the U12 or U12+ but it seems ages away & I can't wait till it's out.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Huge HTC U12+ leak with hands-on images: https://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-U12-plus-hands-on-images_id104483

Some take aways from this leak:

- The Liquid Surface coating on the U12+ in a black finish
- No notch on screen
- Display advertised as 'frameless', QWHD 6" LCD
- Dual rear cameras
- Dual front-facing cameras
- Back mounted fingerprint sensor
- No dual front facing speakers, though possibly set up as the HTC 10/U11 with dual earpiece & bottom speakers
- No headphone jack
- 3500mAh battery with Quick Charge
- IP68 dust and water resistance

It looks nice. Would have liked a larger battery, especially since the U11+ had a near-4k mAh battery. Love that shiny/mirrored back though. Hope it comes in more colours too.

Last edited:

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Huge HTC U12+ leak with hands-on images: https://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-U12-plus-hands-on-images_id104483

- No notch on screen
- Dual rear cameras
- No dual front facing speakers, though possibly set up as the HTC 10/U11 with dual earpiece & bottom speakers
- No headphone jack There is no headphone jack, not a surprise anymore.

It looks nice. Would have liked a larger battery, especially since the U11+ had a near-4k mAh battery. Love that shiny/mirrored back though. Hope it comes in more colours too.

OMG this leak is amazing, love it. So they are saying a mid May reveal. If that's true will the phone be released in early June?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

- No notch on screen
- Dual rear cameras
- No headphone jack

Now THAT is a sweet-sounding phone. And I'm really glad that they're bringing back the liquid surface coating for the U12 - I've never seen a phone as beautiful as the U11 (besides the G6).

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Looking at the pictures it looks like the phone will have an LED as you can see it on in recovery mode. I'm hoping you can turn that off as I'm not a fan of LED's as they keep me awake at night even if the phone is face down.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Looking at the pictures it looks like the phone will have an LED as you can see it on in recovery mode. I'm hoping you can turn that off as I'm not a fan of LED's as they keep me awake at night even if the phone is face down.

I'm actually not missing the LED much at all on my Pixel 2 - the light sometimes makes me anxious to check my notifications.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm actually not missing the LED much at all on my Pixel 2 - the light sometimes makes me anxious to check my notifications.

Same here. When I had my Galaxy S4 the little LED use to flash & it made me want to always check what messages I had. Hopefully we can turn it off in settings.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, you can turn it off on the U11 so I don't see that changing on the 12. The software is going to be about the same as it is in the 11.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Just seen this. Dunno if it's the release date or the reveal date of the U12+ or it could even be the Desire 12.

Attachments

• 189676.jpg
    189676.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 110

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34