The 12

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Today, a leaked image allegedly depicting the back of an HTC U12+ retail box provides us with yet another look at the most plausible specs of the device. A Snapdragon 845 chipset paired with a whole lot of 8GB of RAM, 128GB of native storage, a 5.5-inch QHD LCD display, and a 12MP f/1.5 OIS-enabled rear camera make up some of the more intriguing hardware details of the phone, but the rest sounds promising as well. Qualcomm QuickCharge 4.0, Qi wirelesscharging, IP68 water resistance, a fingerprint scanner, BoomSound high-res audio, a dual 8MP selfie camera with OIS, and squeeze-happy Edge Sense 2 complement the specs list.

This from PhoneArena

I'm good with those specs! I actually really like the size of the phone - it's nice to see that some manufacturers are still making smaller/"regular" phones in addition to larger phones.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Is it confirmed to be the newer 2:1 aspect ratio?
Every leak has said so. But every leak has also said its a 6" screen (5.99") and has a 12/16MP dual-camera setup around back as well. The article on PhoneArena showing the back of the box even talks about those things. I don't think that image of the back of the box, listing specs, is real. It looks exactly like the back of the U11 boxes sitting in my garage. I would expect HTC to change the packaging, even a little bit, from 1 year to the next. Just my two cents.

Last edited:

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Disappointed that it's only 5.5". Took a detour from HTC after my 10 (to a GS8+) since the 11 didn't really excited me and didn't really work on Verizon. The 12+ ticks all my boxes except for size, can't see myself going back to a smaller phone.

It's 5.99 inches not 5.5 and has an aspect ratio of 18:9.

llong314

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So here are some extra tidbits, courtesy of HTC indirectly, directly.

https://www.theverge.com/platform/a...ficial-website-leak?__twitter_impression=true

Any word / speculation whether the U12 will be an "official" Verizon phone, or will it be the same situation that the U11 had... being "compatible" with the Verizon network? Which wasn't the case for me at all... I had the 11 for a few weeks on VZW and it was incredibly frustrating, at least for me.

Hopefully Verizon and HTC can workout any network "issues" before it goes on sale, because it definitely looks like a winner... for me.

RayGee

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Any word / speculation whether the U12 will be an "official" Verizon phone, or will it be the same situation that the U11 had... being "compatible" with the Verizon network? Which wasn't the case for me at all... I had the 11 for a few weeks on VZW and it was incredibly frustrating, at least for me.

Hopefully Verizon and HTC can workout any network "issues" before it goes on sale, because it definitely looks like a winner... for me.

Looks great to me too. Verizon had briefly leaked the U12 and specs on their website in April, so I think it's a good bet.

I will sit on the fence and buy at Verizon when/if it becomes available hopefully.

Regards ------------------

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Looks great to me too. Verizon had briefly leaked the U12 and specs on their website in April, so I think it's a good bet.

I will sit on the fence and buy at Verizon when/if it becomes available hopefully.

Regards ------------------

Every review has said the phone won't be in any US stores, so unlocked will be the way to go.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie