I guess the U11's reception didn't help matters. But it's a shame there won't be one for that unless the unlocked version works for it somehow (which is doubtful, right? I know the U11+ wouldn't have worked on Sprint's CDMA lines).

Currently, I have the 10 and while I'm pretty happy with it even now, I would have checked this one out since it was time for that two-year upgrade. Not exactly pumped to consider a Samsung or iPhone now, but I do sort of want to hold onto the 10 as my solid backup here, so yeah...

One option would be to jump carriers and hold onto the current phone number. But while Sprint has its connectivity issues at times, I'm not anxious to pay $20-40 more for "unlimited" plans on the other carriers.
    Nate79 and HushH like this.
    05-23-2018 11:24 AM
    I guess the U11's reception didn't help matters. But it's a shame there won't be one for that unless the unlocked version works for it somehow (which is doubtful, right? I know the U11+ wouldn't have worked on Sprint's CDMA lines).

Currently, I have the 10 and while I'm pretty happy with it even now, I would have checked this one out since it was time for that two-year upgrade. Not exactly pumped to consider a Samsung or iPhone now, but I do sort of want to hold onto the 10 as my solid backup here, so yeah...

One option would be to jump carriers and hold onto the current phone number. But while Sprint has its connectivity issues at times, I'm not anxious to pay $20-40 more for "unlimited" plans on the other carriers.
    Wait it out as soon Sprint is becoming part of T-Mobile anyway
    05-23-2018 11:33 AM
    That was actually in the back of my head too! I guess that could be a potential solution for a future phone. Yet again, no one's sure if the merger will go through anyway and, perhaps more importantly, when everything would be actually consolidated.
    05-23-2018 11:49 AM
    I was really looking forward to the next phone HTC was going to release as I've never had a smartphone that wasn't an HTC. It seems like a really foolish move to totally drop one of the major US carriers AND not have them in any stores when you're struggling to sell phones.
    juwster and blessedred like this.
    05-23-2018 12:10 PM
    True, but certainly one of the first things to happen would be the speedier phase out of CDMA, since they're doing that anyway and T-Mobile would not spend 10 seconds sporting it.
    05-23-2018 12:10 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, Sprint was the carrier exclusive for the U11. I've bought the Evo, Evo 4GLTE, M7, M8, M9, 10 and the U11. I really want the U12 but looks like they left the loyal users behind. Maybe I'll try an iPhone.
    05-24-2018 04:29 AM
    Had the U12+ come to sprint, I would have opted for that over the iphone x. Maybe this year google will lose the exclusive verizon carrier for the pixel and release it for everyone. If not then iPhone is what I will be continuing to use.
    06-23-2018 02:28 PM
    Had the U12+ come to sprint, I would have opted for that over the iphone x. Maybe this year google will lose the exclusive verizon carrier for the pixel and release it for everyone. If not then iPhone is what I will be continuing to use.
    It's a real shame they couldn't get on any carriers. I've been using it for a day now and I like it more than any htc phone I've owned. First full day, I don't remember a phone I liked this much. The M7 is probably second followed by the 10 and then M8. I wish things were looking up for HTC...
    Larry 609, NavyGreen and HushH like this.
    06-23-2018 03:31 PM
    Wait it out as soon Sprint is becoming part of T-Mobile anyway
    Yeah by those Sprint service prices will likely go away too.
    07-02-2018 12:01 PM
    Unfortunately, the U11will probably be my last HTC device. As a Sprint customer, my choices are IPhone, LG and Samsung. My first HTC phone was the Hero, then the EVO 4G, EVO 4G LTE, M8, 10 and now the U11. All great handsets for various reasons, but what always apealled to me was the build quality and the clean UI. My friends that didn't have IPhone's had Samsungs and they always seemed like they were made by Fisher Price. Samsung has come a long way since then, and make some amazing hardware. I'm still not a fan of their UI. I still have all of my old HTC phones, and my favorite design is still the M8. The camera was it's weakest link, I was still able take some amazing pictures, but it was inconsistent. The U11 is an amazing device all around. Fantastic camera, still blazing fast performance after over a year and a stellar display. I think I'll keep her for awhile. The currant HTC situation makes me sad. I'm not an HTC "fanboy", but for the same reason people repeat buy IPhone, Samsung or what ever manufacturer, it's what they are familiar with.
    Larry 609 likes this.
    07-03-2018 11:17 PM
    Unfortunately, the U11will probably be my last HTC device. As a Sprint customer, my choices are IPhone, LG and Samsung. My first HTC phone was the Hero, then the EVO 4G, EVO 4G LTE, M8, 10 and now the U11. All great handsets for various reasons, but what always apealled to me was the build quality and the clean UI. My friends that didn't have IPhone's had Samsungs and they always seemed like they were made by Fisher Price. Samsung has come a long way since then, and make some amazing hardware. I'm still not a fan of their UI. I still have all of my old HTC phones, and my favorite design is still the M8. The camera was it's weakest link, I was still able take some amazing pictures, but it was inconsistent. The U11 is an amazing device all around. Fantastic camera, still blazing fast performance after over a year and a stellar display. I think I'll keep her for awhile. The currant HTC situation makes me sad. I'm not an HTC "fanboy", but for the same reason people repeat buy IPhone, Samsung or what ever manufacturer, it's what they are familiar with.
    Yeah, I was more or less in the same boat. I also had the original Evo, Evo LTE, M8 and 10 and was hoping there'd be another decent device to consider at the two-year mark. I even considered getting a used U11 at one point, but even those are fairly hard to come by... and since I had to replace the Evo LTE and M8 at one point or another through my insurance plan, it wasn't a risk I was willing to take again.

I was basically bribed into getting the S9+ a month ago when they lowered the price at Best Buy for $300. And so far, I'm actually pleasantly surprised. It's come a long way from the Looney Toons-format of Touchwiz and for the most part, it's getting the job done and then some. I was using Nova Launcher with the 10 anyway when I wanted the 24 apps on the home screen instead of the 12 limit that Sense had, so any of these phones can be fine for that sort of thing mostly.
    07-04-2018 12:27 PM
    It's a real shame they couldn't get on any carriers. I've been using it for a day now and I like it more than any htc phone I've owned. First full day, I don't remember a phone I liked this much. The M7 is probably second followed by the 10 and then M8. I wish things were looking up for HTC...
    The M7 was my last HTC phone with the terrible Purple tint and big speed decrease after being updated to Lollipop. U12 is probably going to be their last device so better hold tight.
    07-13-2018 10:12 AM