HTC U12+ shipping

Sean Bailey2

Jun 6, 2018
Visit site
Just thought I'd start a thread for when the U12+ starts shipping. It's still all up in the air right now on when it's gonna start. I've emailed HTC for a more specific date, but haven't heard back. With the Amazon preorder going from June 7th to the 21st, and the more mainstream accessory makers not shipping until the 25th (Skinomi full body) or even in July (Spigen), I'm guessing later June. As of today, June 2, my HTC financing still says pending. It's starting to look like an LG release honestly.

Sean Bailey2

Jun 6, 2018
Visit site
That's how I feel, I have contemplated cancelling the order and getting a different phone, quite simply, I want an actual date I will get my phone that I have paid so much for and shown loyalty to HTC at a time when they need it more than ever. I want a real date, not a winky emoji

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
That's how I feel, I have contemplated cancelling the order and getting a different phone, quite simply, I want an actual date I will get my phone that I have paid so much for and shown loyalty to HTC at a time when they need it more than ever. I want a real date, not a winky emoji
Winky Emjo better than eggplant Emjo!!!!!!!!

elverdiblanco

Jun 12, 2018
Visit site
I'm a long time HTC user; Desire, One X, M8, HTC 10 and I have been looking forward to the U12 for a while now. However the reviews are coming in and it is getting panned for the fake buttons. Has anybody used the phone? If so are the buttons as bad as the reviews make out or is it just a case of getting used to them? If they are as bad as the reviews suggest is it likely or possible that a software or firmware upgrade will sort things out?
Problem for me is that the other flagships have issues that I'd find hard to live with. Samsung? Can't stand touchwiz. P20 - EMUI and too expensive. Oneplus 6 - lower screen res, no Micro SD and USB 2.0, really? Pixel XL - 3 due soon and likely to be expensive. The U12 ticks all the boxes apart from the buttons.

Larry 609

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Problem for me is that the other flagships have issues that I'd find hard to live with. Samsung? Can't stand touchwiz.

I basically got bribed into getting an S9+ last week when they lowered the price by $300. This was after having four HTC devices as my smartphone over the years.

Overall though, I'm pleasantly surprised with the device for the most part. I agree that Touchwiz looked and probably was terrible all around, at least compared to Sense. But I find maneuvering around the "Samsung Experience" skin or whatever they call it these days to be relatively good. It looks a heck of a lot better than it did a few generations ago. No more of the cartoony-icons and widgets and such. Plus, with stuff like Nova Launcher or other items, you can customize the look and such a bit better these days anyway.

I'll say to that from my end, it is kind of refreshing to have some sort of new interface to work with this time around. Especially since they're saying that the U12+'s version of Sense is more or less the same as it was the prior two years. That and stuff like the buttons/squeeze issues are making me wonder if I missed out on much this time around anyway?

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I basically got bribed into getting an S9+ last week when they lowered the price by $300. This was after having four HTC devices as my smartphone over the years.

Overall though, I'm pleasantly surprised with the device for the most part. I agree that Touchwiz looked and probably was terrible all around, at least compared to Sense. But I find maneuvering around the "Samsung Experience" skin or whatever they call it these days to be relatively good. It looks a heck of a lot better than it did a few generations ago. No more of the cartoony-icons and widgets and such. Plus, with stuff like Nova Launcher or other items, you can customize the look and such a bit better these days anyway.

I'll say to that from my end, it is kind of refreshing to have some sort of new interface to work with this time around. Especially since they're saying that the U12+'s version of Sense is more or less the same as it was the prior two years. That and stuff like the buttons/squeeze issues are making me wonder if I missed out on much this time around anyway?

It's funny you mentioned that. I went over to AT&T last week to check out the phones and almost picked up the LG V35, but the HTC fanboy in me needs to check out the U12+ first! Haha. As for the S9+, I just really, really, really hate that curved screen.

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
It's funny you mentioned that. I went over to AT&T last week to check out the phones and almost picked up the LG V35, but the HTC fanboy in me needs to check out the U12+ first! Haha. As for the S9+, I just really, really, really hate that curved screen.
If the V35 was coming to T-Mobile I would be all over it.

Larry 609

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site

Oddly enough, that was a concern of mine as well! Overall, it's not too bad for me though. I'm just more concerned that it might make it slightly more prone to break in the future if I drop it the wrong way! I do have a case for it now, but you never know with these things. I suppose one advantage of Samsung or Apple is that they have quite a few repair options if something goes wrong with them and a decent turnaround, so yeah...

The nice thing too is that I can have the S9+ paid off a lot sooner than I would have if I took something else. So if something does come out later this year or the U12+ does a 180 in terms of public perception once its out there, I could consider something again in the near future. But so far, so good for the most part.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Oddly enough, that was a concern of mine as well! Overall, it's not too bad for me though. I'm just more concerned that it might make it slightly more prone to break in the future if I drop it the wrong way! I do have a case for it now, but you never know with these things. I suppose one advantage of Samsung or Apple is that they have quite a few repair options if something goes wrong with them and a decent turnaround, so yeah...

The nice thing too is that I can have the S9+ paid off a lot sooner than I would have if I took something else. So if something does come out later this year or the U12+ does a 180 in terms of public perception once its out there, I could consider something again in the near future. But so far, so good for the most part.

How did you get 300 off? What carrier?

Larry 609

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Yep, that's where I got the heads up from too. Not sure if Best Buy is doing it more, but it was decent deal I thought. I think the only carrier that wasn't eligible was T-Mobile?

I took the 24-month payment plan, but will more than likely pay off the $612 sooner than later.

elverdiblanco

Jun 12, 2018
Visit site

I went ahead and ordered one. I know the reviews go on about the buttons but then I thought to myself I rarely use the buttons anyway and the reviews on youtube with the phone in action they don't look so bad. I'm also fairly confident that HTC will probably roll out firmware or software updates to fix any common issues.
Buying through HTC club in the UK gets a 10% discount so £629 including VAT (sales tax). For a Huawei P20 Pro you're looking at £799, S9 is £739 or £869 for a S9+ so the U12+ is significantly less money than the competition other than the OP6.
If the phone really is as annoying as some of the reviews make out I can always send it back so I'm happy with my decision.

anon(10464842)

May 24, 2018
Visit site
I went ahead and ordered one. I know the reviews go on about the buttons but then I thought to myself I rarely use the buttons anyway and the reviews on youtube with the phone in action they don't look so bad. I'm also fairly confident that HTC will probably roll out firmware or software updates to fix any common issues.
Buying through HTC club in the UK gets a 10% discount so £629 including VAT (sales tax). For a Huawei P20 Pro you're looking at £799, S9 is £739 or £869 for a S9+ so the U12+ is significantly less money than the competition other than the OP6.
If the phone really is as annoying as some of the reviews make out I can always send it back so I'm happy with my decision.

yeah that's exactly why I'm continuing with my order, I'd rather try the buttons myself and see if it is just a matter of getting used to it...

Larry 609

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site

That's fine too. Like you said, if there's a plan that allows you to send it back if it's unbearable, then it's a no-lose situation.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I found this on XDA. Someone chatted with Amazon about the release date of June 21. So far so good!

----------
Amazon: Hello, my name is P*****n. I'll be glad to assist you today.
Me: Hi P*****n. How are you today?
Amazon: Yeah! I am fine. Thanks for asking.
I understand your concern about shipping. Let me check this for you.
May I have the order number and the item name?
Me: ************9 HTC u12+
Amazon: Thanks for providing the information.
Do you mind if I place the chat on hold for 2-3 minutes, while I research? 
Me: No problem. Thank you
Amazon: Thank you!
I checked our records and see that item will be released on June 21, 2018.
Me: What does released on June 21st mean exactly? Does that mean it will arrive to me on the 21st or ship from you the 21st?
Amazon: So, as soon as we receive the stock from the supplier, we will ship the item immediately and let you know.
No, am sorry for the mis understanding. let me explain this to you.
Item releasing on June 21, 2018. We ship the item to you within one or two business days after the item is released, since you have placed the item via one day shipping, item will be shipped on June 22 and delivered on June 23.
You will receive the accurate delivery date once the item has been shipped.
I hope we are still connected!
Me: Yes, thank you for the clarification. If I order another phone, will it still be shipped in the same period as the first order or will it be delayed due to stock limitations? I know that HTC is already delaying some customers into July who bought directly from them.
Amazon: Both orders would ship on the same day.
Amazon: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can do for you today? 
Me: That is it. I appreciate your help. Have a good day.
Amazon: I'm glad I was able to help! We hope to see you again soon. Bye!
Thank you for contacting Amazon. Please click on the "End Chat" to close this window.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I mean the customer care representative probably doesn't have more info, probably he/she looked up at the product info and saw it says releases in June 21st. Amazon is at the mercy of HTC, if they get stock today they are going to ship today. HTC probably has given them date of 21st for the stock to arrive at the Amazon ware house. If they do then Amazon will ship immediately. There are plenty of situations when Amazon pushes the date back because they didn't receive any stock as initially told by the company.
Also, at this point I don't think there is much demand so I'm pretty sure even if you order today via Amazon you will still be on the initial stock shipping window.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87