01-26-2019 05:23 PM
118 12345
tools
    Also, in regards to the battery, I used it as a WiFi hotspot for just under the 2 hour mark and steamed on Spotify for 6 hours. I also used the camera to take pics and record some video. I'd say that's pretty damn good
    06-28-2018 11:08 AM
    I hear you. I am in the same boat with the security patch crap. Honestly though, I can deal with that because it is the only bad part of owning an HTC phone. Now I've never had to deal with customer service, except once with the M9 and the Uh-Oh replacement, and that was a great experience. They resolved the matter quickly and I had my new phone in a matter of days. Now I know it's a huge fiasco, but until I have to deal with it, I can't say it's bad. I would have actually kept the XZ2 had it not been for the lack of carrier features I expect to have when I fork out $800+ for a phone on top of the fact that I'm also paying a good amount on my phone bill that makes me feel like those features are necessary. The lack of VoWiFi and VoLTE killed that phone for me. Call quality sucked out in the boonies where I live. So, I will live with the non-existent security patches if it means I get every feature I need and want. On top of that, the camera on the U12+ slaughters the XZ2. In stills and video.
    I hear you too I understand that the HTC has really good cameras and I'm glad you had a good customer service with them when you talk to them. But unfortunately I did not when I set the phone in the first time it took 2 months and they did not fix anything. I sent in a second time they sent me back a brand new phone an HTC u11 in the meantime I had to get a phone luckily I was able to get a Sony xz2 for about 435 with taxes. To tell you the truth the u11 has voice over LTE and Y Wi-Fi calling but I'm on AT & T and if the phone is not certified on their Network and you can't use it. so I don't know if HTC certified the HTC u11 this time on AT & T network. so what good with those Carrier Services do me if I'm on AT & T. I live without voice over LTE on my HTC u11 so I'm pretty good with that. And I can't justify spending $800 on HTC after customer after their customer service to me three months without a phone or I had to buy a phone in the meantime. I can't just return this. on top of the security updates and leave a sour taste in my mouth. And I was a huge event I had nothing but HTC phones my whole life until this Sony phone. So maybe I'll wait a couple months and see how the HTC u12 is from you guys or I may probably get the pixel 3.
    06-28-2018 11:33 AM
    I hear you. I am in the same boat with the security patch crap. Honestly though, I can deal with that because it is the only bad part of owning an HTC phone. Now I've never had to deal with customer service, except once with the M9 and the Uh-Oh replacement, and that was a great experience. They resolved the matter quickly and I had my new phone in a matter of days. Now I know it's a huge fiasco, but until I have to deal with it, I can't say it's bad. I would have actually kept the XZ2 had it not been for the lack of carrier features I expect to have when I fork out $800+ for a phone on top of the fact that I'm also paying a good amount on my phone bill that makes me feel like those features are necessary. The lack of VoWiFi and VoLTE killed that phone for me. Call quality sucked out in the boonies where I live. So, I will live with the non-existent security patches if it means I get every feature I need and want. On top of that, the camera on the U12+ slaughters the XZ2. In stills and video.
    I set up my U12+ today and can't see the VoLTE or VoWiFi settings anywhere on the phone. The SIM card in it is the same one I've been using in my HTC 10 for the last 2 years where VoWiFi has been working just fine. I've logged a call with HTC support and they have promised to call back tomorrow with hopefully a resolution. Living where I live some sort of WiFi calling is a must otherwise the phone is a brick so if they can't tell me how to get VoLTE or VoWiFi working I'm afraid I'll have to send it back as it is of no use to me. That would be a shame as I've been looking forward to this phone for a while and it is otherwise a great device. Even the much maligned buttons I haven't found that bad.
    06-28-2018 02:22 PM
    I set up my U12+ today and can't see the VoLTE or VoWiFi settings anywhere on the phone. The SIM card in it is the same one I've been using in my HTC 10 for the last 2 years where VoWiFi has been working just fine. I've logged a call with HTC support and they have promised to call back tomorrow with hopefully a resolution. Living where I live some sort of WiFi calling is a must otherwise the phone is a brick so if they can't tell me how to get VoLTE or VoWiFi working I'm afraid I'll have to send it back as it is of no use to me. That would be a shame as I've been looking forward to this phone for a while and it is otherwise a great device. Even the much maligned buttons I haven't found that bad.
    Which carrier are you using? The HTC reps flat out told me VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling would not work on AT&T.
    06-28-2018 02:31 PM
    Which carrier are you using? The HTC reps flat out told me VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling would not work on AT&T.
    I'm in the UK and on EE
    06-28-2018 03:12 PM
    Also, in regards to the battery, I used it as a WiFi hotspot for just under the 2 hour mark and steamed on Spotify for 6 hours. I also used the camera to take pics and record some video. I'd say that's pretty damn good
    That was one of my biggest questions about the phone. I actually quite liked what I saw out of it. And the buttons from non-YouTube reviewers don't seem like a huge deal. But I worry about the battery life. The reviews were claiming they were getting over an hour less screen on time compared to other phones in this price bracket.

I'd like to hear from real users as to the actual quality of battery life.
    06-28-2018 03:21 PM
    That was one of my biggest questions about the phone. I actually quite liked what I saw out of it. And the buttons from non-YouTube reviewers don't seem like a huge deal. But I worry about the battery life. The reviews were claiming they were getting over an hour less screen on time compared to other phones in this price bracket.

I'd like to hear from real users as to the actual quality of battery life.
    Well, like I said, it keeps getting better and better.
    Attached Thumbnails HTC U12+ Reviews Here-7354.jpg  
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    06-28-2018 10:37 PM
    Well, like I said, it keeps getting better and better.
    Wow! I wonder what it was that reviewers were freaking out and only get 3/3.5 hours of screen on time?
    06-29-2018 07:30 AM
    If the only complaints these reviews have are the buttons than it is absolutely laughable how much this is being blown out of proportion. Who honestly even uses that power button more than once a week? Android has had the "Swipe screen up" to turn on the display for years, that button has become practically irrelevant. The same goes for volume, how many times a week do you need to turn up or down the volume without first turning on the display? Android has it so you can just put it face down to mute the volume. All these negative reviews are completely non factors, i wouldn't have been opposed to them removing those buttons all together, as long as the screen swipes work honestly who cares? It has some of the fastest hardware and the best camera on the market, plus amazon alexa.
    Having a different option for something that is bad in the first place isn't a "non-issue" I use my power button everyday. I also use my volume buttons every day. People are different than you. Also the batter life has been said to be poor considering it's size from multiple reviewers which is bad. For you to say that something may be bad but is a "non-issue" because there is a work around is not acceptable to me. If the phone has a bad battery life but you say "It's ok because I can just charge it for an hour and it'll be almost full" is damage controlling to to the extreme. What if I'm not next to a charger? I don't want to have to carry around a power bank because that's just extra kit I don't want to lug around. Phones nowadays are near perfection and to be hindered by something as essential/simple as buttons, battery life, and having no wireless charging isn't worth $900. Lot more phones have fewer compromises for the same price.
    06-29-2018 01:39 PM
    Cool I'll just go into a carrier store and check it out... Oh wait
    ^^^ this comment is god tier lmfao.
    06-29-2018 01:51 PM
    I just got my phone today, and i absolutely love it. The buttons are actually incredible, they work flawlessly, you feel a vibration as if you were actually pressing a button. And to think i was very close to purchasing something else due to the reviews, sooo happy i did not. If you havent tried the phone firsthand, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Hell i even just found out HTC sense can count my steps like a fitbit, im falling more in love by the minute and ive only had it maybe 4 hours.
    Now I know you're just an HTC spokes person. Lol. The buttons work flawlessly? How about holding down one of the volume buttons to change the volume quickly? Does that work like any other Android phone? It's ok to like a company man but don't damage control for them. It won't get you or them anywhere. You have to be real about their products. It's a good phone with problems like any other phone. Just some people don't want to deal with the U12+ specific problems of bad battery, wonky buttons, and stale UI. This coming from a person that used to love them (I owned a HTC EVO 3D and a HTC One M7 before switching to S7 edge) and the UI still looks extremely similar to my 5 year old M7.
    06-29-2018 02:00 PM
    So far, I'm really pleased with my phone (except for the EU charger the distributer had sent!), the button is absolutely fine, and I've been using consistently... not had a single issue with it... I'm glad i wasn't persuaded by the complaints...

Battery life, I've been using the phone since i got it yesterday (exactly 24hours since i opened the box), I've not charged it so far, it is on +40%... pretty good I'd say for my video streaming habit and for the fact it went on frenzy updating applications and all the jazz!

Lets see how things develop!
    bennyrodz likes this.
    06-29-2018 03:52 PM
    So far, I'm really pleased with my phone (except for the EU charger the distributer had sent!), the button is absolutely fine, and I've been using consistently... not had a single issue with it... I'm glad i wasn't persuaded by the complaints...

Battery life, I've been using the phone since i got it yesterday (exactly 24hours since i opened the box), I've not charged it so far, it is on +40%... pretty good I'd say for my video streaming habit and for the fact it went on frenzy updating applications and all the jazz!

Lets see how things develop!
    What network are you on? Can you get wifi calling working? I'm on EE and wifi calling isn't working so the phone is still in a box because unless I can get wifi calling working it is being sent back
    06-29-2018 06:27 PM
    Now I know you're just an HTC spokes person. Lol. The buttons work flawlessly? How about holding down one of the volume buttons to change the volume quickly? Does that work like any other Android phone? It's ok to like a company man but don't damage control for them. It won't get you or them anywhere. You have to be real about their products. It's a good phone with problems like any other phone. Just some people don't want to deal with the U12+ specific problems of bad battery, wonky buttons, and stale UI. This coming from a person that used to love them (I owned a HTC EVO 3D and a HTC One M7 before switching to S7 edge) and the UI still looks extremely similar to my 5 year old M7.
    Again, you don't have the phone so how would you know. It's seriously laughable how you people put so much stock in what others say. It is literally herd mentality. These are not buttons. They are software driven keys. They function exactly as I thought they would. Yes, I can hold them down and vol + & - just like my U11 and 10. I can register multiple presses in a row. You've seen my screenshots of battery life, it's not "bad battery" life. This phone is immaculate. "Sense is stale" is your only argument? 👏👏👏
    P.E.
    -I say sense is *mature*.
    bennyrodz and NavyGreen like this.
    06-29-2018 06:31 PM
    you sir are absolutely delusional. I have had this phone for I think three days now, and not once have I attempted to power on or use a volume and found it not to work, nor had I any trouble at all in regards to the button. The buttons are in fact, a non issue, use it for one day you will not have even realized the buttons aren't "real". Btw if I was a HTC spokesperson as you say, I wouldn't have gotten my phone weeks after release date after having to place three orders and make 22 phone calls,all while being in every forum during that time looking for information. You have never in your life used this phone, and by the way you sound it doesn't sound like you ever will, so why on god's green earth are you here giving your irrelevant non educated opinion? We are being real about their products, being that we purchased it and are currently using it to write this comment. And yes obviously holding down the volume to change volume quickly works, as I said it has been absolutely flawless.

First phone to ever have smart landscape mode while reading, which is phenomenal. And first phone to be able to squeeze and get the camera out, or squeeze a little longer to turn the flashlight on/off. The flashlight part is so awesome I don't even turn on the bathroom light at night, such a beautifully unique detail that never got spoken about in the reviews. I for one, am in absolute love with this phone.
    06-29-2018 07:11 PM
    you sir are absolutely delusional. I have had this phone for I think three days now, and not once have I attempted to power on or use a volume and found it not to work, nor had I any trouble at all in regards to the button. The buttons are in fact, a non issue, use it for one day you will not have even realized the buttons aren't "real". Btw if I was a HTC spokesperson as you say, I wouldn't have gotten my phone weeks after release date after having to place three orders and make 22 phone calls,all while being in every forum during that time looking for information. You have never in your life used this phone, and by the way you sound it doesn't sound like you ever will, so why on god's green earth are you here giving your irrelevant non educated opinion? We are being real about their products, being that we purchased it and are currently using it to write this comment. And yes obviously holding down the volume to change volume quickly works, as I said it has been absolutely flawless.

First phone to ever have smart landscape mode while reading, which is phenomenal. And first phone to be able to squeeze and get the camera out, or squeeze a little longer to turn the flashlight on/off. The flashlight part is so awesome I don't even turn on the bathroom light at night, such a beautifully unique detail that never got spoken about in the reviews. I for one, am in absolute love with this phone.
    For real. I found it hilarious that these guys come on here and they don't even know what using the phone is actually like. The thing is, if it isn't ****dung or crapple "innovating", it isn't going to get the pass. All of you who come to these HTC forums can come here and spew all your herd mentality all you want. Until you have real world experience with the phone, you're comments are invalid. Erroneous and completely unwanted. For people coming here who have used the phone with valid complaints, I'd love to hear it.we give way too much power to the words of these "reviewers". I watched all thier videos. Every hands on and review that came out for this phone. I still decided to *think for myself*, like a big boy, and get this phone anyway. Not only because I know for me, the competition doesn't stack up, but also because I have thoroughly enjoyed HTC devices for the past 5 years in a row. They make good $#!T. Period.
    bennyrodz likes this.
    06-29-2018 10:14 PM
    For real. I found it hilarious that these guys come on here and they don't even know what using the phone is actually like. The thing is, if it isn't ****dung or crapple "innovating", it isn't going to get the pass. All of you who come to these HTC forums can come here and spew all your herd mentality all you want. Until you have real world experience with the phone, you're comments are invalid. Erroneous and completely unwanted. For people coming here who have used the phone with valid complaints, I'd love to hear it.we give way too much power to the words of these "reviewers". I watched all thier videos. Every hands on and review that came out for this phone. I still decided to *think for myself*, like a big boy, and get this phone anyway. Not only because I know for me, the competition doesn't stack up, but also because I have thoroughly enjoyed HTC devices for the past 5 years in a row. They make good $#!T. Period.
    Like you have had HTC phones for the past five to six years actually HTC is only phone effect I've had. Since the very first HTC Evo which was the first 4. 3 inch phone. I didn't come on here to bash HTC I came to see what you guys were thinking about the phone. HTC's Customer Service kind of rub me the wrong way the first time I had an issue with my HTC u11 I was having battery issues and I send it in for repair I did not receive for almost 2 months and it did not get fixed. I called how to send in a second time no communication whatsoever both times this time when I got sent back to send you a brand new phone it was even still had 7. 1. 1. so I just hope nothing goes wrong with your phone that needs to be repaired because I can't be with the manufacturer that cannot give on time security updates and can I fix their phones in a timely manner. They may be able to make amazing phones but that's only one part of the equation. The reason why HTC is not doing great as a phone manufacturer is because of their customer service they just lost a die-hard HTC fan because of the customer service and the security patch issues. I would probably get this phone if I wasn't forced to get another phone I am glad but I was able to get a Sony Xperia xz-2 for four hundred bucks. And to tell you the truth it's a really good Hardware phone has a great camera. And my number one greatest thing as they give the security patches almost five to six days after the pixels get it. Maybe I will get the 12 plus if it ever comes down to about 600 bucks.

As a die-hard HTC fan they need to sell bulk not at high prices more than not going to sell a lot of many phones. I would have bought this phone if it was at 599.99 but alas it's not.

Also would like to know what security patch level is the phone at?
    06-30-2018 12:21 AM
    What network are you on? Can you get wifi calling working? I'm on EE and wifi calling isn't working so the phone is still in a box because unless I can get wifi calling working it is being sent back
    Vodafone on contract
    Can't find where it is, I've not tried to check with Vodafone, as far as I know, if the phone enables it, it will just work... Might need HTC to intervene
    06-30-2018 09:26 AM
    Vodafone on contract
    Can't find where it is, I've not tried to check with Vodafone, as far as I know, if the phone enables it, it will just work... Might need HTC to intervene
    Same here, can't see any options in phone or SIM settings to enable wifi calling. I spoke to HTC about this on Thursday and they said they would call back yesterday (Friday) but nothing.
    06-30-2018 02:08 PM
    Same here, can't see any options in phone or SIM settings to enable wifi calling. I spoke to HTC about this on Thursday and they said they would call back yesterday (Friday) but nothing.
    I was looking up the option on the vodafone site, it said I needed to download My Vodafone app which is not available on business phones :/ ... I'll be getting a personal number on Wednesday and try with another network...

No one ever calls back, if i were you and really need it, I'd call back myself
    06-30-2018 04:26 PM
    I was looking up the option on the vodafone site, it said I needed to download My Vodafone app which is not available on business phones :/ ... I'll be getting a personal number on Wednesday and try with another network...

No one ever calls back, if i were you and really need it, I'd call back myself
    Wifi calling on EE doesn't need any sort of app which makes it all the more surprising that it doesn't just work out of the box the way it does with the HTC 10 and U11.
    06-30-2018 06:28 PM
    Wifi calling on EE doesn't need any sort of app which makes it all the more surprising that it doesn't just work out of the box the way it does with the HTC 10 and U11.
    Can't speak for other carriers, but on TMobile U.S the wifi calling and Volte automatically worked.
    06-30-2018 06:47 PM
    Can't speak for other carriers, but on TMobile U.S the wifi calling and Volte automatically worked.
    Where are the options to switch on wifi calling? Are they in Settings -> Call or in the SIM options? When wifi calling is active does the icon show permanently in the notification bar the same way it does with the HTC 10 and U11? I've had a look through the online manual for the phone and it doesn't mention wifi calling at all.
    07-01-2018 05:45 AM
    Where are the options to switch on wifi calling? Are they in Settings -> Call or in the SIM options? When wifi calling is active does the icon show permanently in the notification bar the same way it does with the HTC 10 and U11? I've had a look through the online manual for the phone and it doesn't mention wifi calling at all.
    It's under "Call". The layout in setting is hard to navigate.

07-01-2018 11:55 AM
    Wow that looks different to mine. This is what I get on the Call menu

HTC U12+ Reviews Here-screenshot_20180701-183726.png

Then on the SIM1 menu

HTC U12+ Reviews Here-screenshot_20180701-183756.png

Is the version on sale in the US a dual SIM model? I thought they were the same everywhere.
    07-01-2018 01:48 PM
118 12345