01-26-2019 05:23 PM
118 ... 2345
tools
    What network are you on? Can you get wifi calling working? I'm on EE and wifi calling isn't working so the phone is still in a box because unless I can get wifi calling working it is being sent back
    Hi, I always thought wifi calling only worked on EE supplied phones?
    07-01-2018 02:25 PM
    Hi, I always thought wifi calling only worked on EE supplied phones?
    That's what they want you to believe and it is still what some of their customer services agents will tell you but there's a bunch of phones that will work with wifi calling regardless of where they were purchased. That list of phones includes the HTC 10 and U11 so why the 12 doesn't work is a mystery.
    07-01-2018 02:55 PM
    Didn't they sell both those phones though
    That's what they want you to believe and it is still what some of their customer services agents will tell you but there's a bunch of phones that will work with wifi calling regardless of where they were purchased. That list of phones includes the HTC 10 and U11 so why the 12 doesn't work is a mystery.
    07-01-2018 03:40 PM
    Didn't they sell both those phones though
    They did, but you didn't have to get the phone from EE for the wifi calling to work
    07-01-2018 04:52 PM
    Wow that looks different to mine. This is what I get on the Call menu

Attachment 286154

Then on the SIM1 menu

Attachment 286155

Is the version on sale in the US a dual SIM model? I thought they were the same everywhere.
    Does your international version support SD Card?
    07-01-2018 07:30 PM
    Does your international version support SD Card?
    Yes, the second slot will take either a SIM or a memory card so you can have either 2 sims or one SIM and a memory card
    07-02-2018 01:39 AM
    So far, I'm really pleased with my phone (except for the EU charger the distributer had sent!), the button is absolutely fine, and I've been using consistently... not had a single issue with it... I'm glad i wasn't persuaded by the complaints...

Battery life, I've been using the phone since i got it yesterday (exactly 24hours since i opened the box), I've not charged it so far, it is on +40%... pretty good I'd say for my video streaming habit and for the fact it went on frenzy updating applications and all the jazz!

Lets see how things develop!
    Does WiFi calling work with O2?
    07-02-2018 03:27 PM
    No idea but I called HTC again to chase up seeing as my promised callback on Friday never materialised. The agent said that they have had a lot of calls about non-functioning wifi calling and that the issue had been escalated. She couldn't however give any indication as to when any fix or update might be available. As far as I'm concerned they have a week to fix it so I can return the phone within the 14 day period since delivery because without wifi calling it is useless for me. If I then hear that the problems with wifi calling have been fixed I can always just buy another one.
    07-02-2018 04:11 PM
    No idea but I called HTC again to chase up seeing as my promised callback on Friday never materialised. The agent said that they have had a lot of calls about non-functioning wifi calling and that the issue had been escalated. She couldn't however give any indication as to when any fix or update might be available. As far as I'm concerned they have a week to fix it so I can return the phone within the 14 day period since delivery because without wifi calling it is useless for me. If I then hear that the problems with wifi calling have been fixed I can always just buy another one.
    I don't really think it's an issue with the phone, but an issue with the carrier. WiFi calling is not going to work on every carrier.
    07-02-2018 05:01 PM
    I don't really think it's an issue with the phone, but an issue with the carrier. WiFi calling is not going to work on every carrier.
    I'd perhaps be tempted to agree if there at least were some settings in the phone to enable the features even if they were greyed out. In my case I have wifi calling working in my HTC 10, my partner has it working on the same network on her U11 but the U12+ has nothing in the settings related to wifi calling.
    07-02-2018 05:14 PM
    I'd perhaps be tempted to agree if there at least were some settings in the phone to enable the features even if they were greyed out. In my case I have wifi calling working in my HTC 10, my partner has it working on the same network on her U11 but the U12+ has nothing in the settings related to wifi calling.
    Do you have the carrier version of the 10?
    07-02-2018 05:28 PM
    Do you have the carrier version of the 10?
    Yes I do but the carrier's own website says that wifi calling is supported on the HTC 10 regardless of where it was purchased. Same with the U11 my partner has and her's isn't a carrier version but wifi calling works just fine on her's.
    07-02-2018 05:39 PM
    Either way, it's a software issue and not hardware. For my HTC 10 on AT&T, I had to wipe the cache partition in order to see the VoLTE setting. It didn't appear at all before I did that. You can maybe try that? For the U12 on AT&T, the settings for VoLTE and WIFI Calling are not there at all, but HTC told me ahead of time they would not work on AT&T.
    07-02-2018 05:48 PM
    Either way, it's a software issue and not hardware. For my HTC 10 on AT&T, I had to wipe the cache partition in order to see the VoLTE setting. It didn't appear at all before I did that. You can maybe try that? For the U12 on AT&T, the settings for VoLTE and WIFI Calling are not there at all, but HTC told me ahead of time they would not work on AT&T.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=qgiCounC

There's nothing there to say that wifi calling or VoLTE will only work on certain networks. I tried a full factory reset but that didn't get it working, is it still worth wiping the cache partition?
    07-02-2018 05:56 PM
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=jyKXXwOj

There's nothing there to say that wifi calling or VoLTE will only work on certain networks. I tried a full factory reset but that didn't get it working, is it still worth wiping the cache partition?
    It's worth a shot. If you scroll down to the specs on this link, it says "VoLTE and WiFi calling (where supported)"

https://www.htc.com/us/smartphones/htc-u12-plus/buy/
    07-02-2018 06:23 PM
    Yes I do but the carrier's own website says that wifi calling is supported on the HTC 10 regardless of where it was purchased. Same with the U11 my partner has and her's isn't a carrier version but wifi calling works just fine on her's.
    That's exactly what O2 said to me, if the phone enables it, no issues from their side regardless where the phone is from

I can't see the wifi calling feature either unfortunately, and I'm still waiting for my test sim cards to arrive for signal testing...
    07-03-2018 03:32 AM
    It's under "Call". The layout in setting is hard to navigate.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...435735f1ee.jpg
    Sorry mate can you plz take a screenshot of ur software info? This is what mine looks like
    Attached Thumbnails HTC U12+ Reviews Here-screenshot_20180703-230352.jpg  
    07-03-2018 06:06 PM
    Sorry mate can you plz take a screenshot of ur software info? This is what mine looks like
    Here you go.

07-03-2018 07:33 PM
    Interesting thanks. That software number could explain why ur Call settings looks different. Yet it tells me I have no new updates :/
    07-04-2018 12:55 AM
    Interesting thanks. That software number could explain why ur Call settings looks different. Yet it tells me I have no new updates :/
    Have you dig more into it? I can't explain why , maybe different region?
    07-04-2018 01:14 AM
    is this reviews or wifi calling ?? id like to hear what people think of this phone . ty
    07-04-2018 04:58 AM
    is this reviews or wifi calling ?? id like to hear what people think of this phone . ty
    I'd love to tell you but in the week I've had it, it has spent almost all the time in its box because without Wi-Fi calling working it is no use to me and will be getting returned. In the little I've played with it, the buttons are nowhere near as bad as some of the reviews make out, it looks fantastic but I'm not hugely impressed with the boomsound speakers. They're OK but far inferior to the M7 though much better than the HTC 10
    Ry and freddyttt like this.
    07-04-2018 08:46 AM
    I've been using the U12+ for about a week now and I'm really struggling to understand all the negative reviews about buttons. They work perfectly, I'd say they were a pleasure to use and I love the haptic feedback. Going back to a "clicky button" phone actually feels a bit old fashioned now!

My first phone with "edge sense" - love it.

Only disappointment for me was that I can't use dual SIMs AND a microSD. But that's my fault for not reading the specs properly.

Other than that I'm loving the phone so far.
    07-05-2018 04:20 AM
    Mine is going back. HTC support have said that Wi-Fi calling should be in the phone settings and if the settings to switch it on are not there the unit must be faulty. I think that's nonsense and a software update would probably fix it but I'm almost at the end of the 14 day period where I can send it back for a full refund. Can't afford to wait for an update only for one not to turn up and be left with a phone that is no use to me. Shame, because it is otherwise a great device.
    07-09-2018 08:58 AM
    Mine is going back. HTC support have said that Wi-Fi calling should be in the phone settings and if the settings to switch it on are not there the unit must be faulty. I think that's nonsense and a software update would probably fix it but I'm almost at the end of the 14 day period where I can send it back for a full refund. Can't afford to wait for an update only for one not to turn up and be left with a phone that is no use to me. Shame, because it is otherwise a great device.
    Either way, it's a carrier issue and not a phone or software issue. It's up to carriers to decide if they want to allow unlocked phones to benefit from all services. I had VoLTE from AT&T on my 10, but it's not on my U12. T-Mobile on the other hand allows unlocked phones to use both VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling.
    07-09-2018 10:53 AM
118 ... 2345