HTC U12+ Reviews Here

bennyrodz

Jun 11, 2018
Visit site
If the only complaints these reviews have are the buttons than it is absolutely laughable how much this is being blown out of proportion. Who honestly even uses that power button more than once a week? Android has had the "Swipe screen up" to turn on the display for years, that button has become practically irrelevant. The same goes for volume, how many times a week do you need to turn up or down the volume without first turning on the display? Android has it so you can just put it face down to mute the volume. All these negative reviews are completely non factors, i wouldn't have been opposed to them removing those buttons all together, as long as the screen swipes work honestly who cares? It has some of the fastest hardware and the best camera on the market, plus amazon alexa.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
If the only complaints these reviews have are the buttons than it is absolutely laughable how much this is being blown out of proportion. Who honestly even uses that power button more than once a week? Android has had the "Swipe screen up" to turn on the display for years, that button has become practically irrelevant. The same goes for volume, how many times a week do you need to turn up or down the volume without first turning on the display? Android has it so you can just put it face down to mute the volume. All these negative reviews are completely non factors, i wouldn't have been opposed to them removing those buttons all together, as long as the screen swipes work honestly who cares? It has some of the fastest hardware and the best camera on the market, plus amazon alexa.
I agree 100 %.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
https://www.droid-life.com/2018/06/14/htc-u12-review-nope/

Another day, another disappointing review. We all know everyone out there just hating on HTC because they can't do anything wrong /s

I knew ahead of time that the U12+ was going to get crappy reviews. I was called an ***** for saying such, but it looks like I've been vindicated because this phone is fairing horribly in these reviews.

What I do wonder is if HTC even bothers reading these reviews and consider the feedback from the author and commenters. If they do, do they even care about what's being said?

Last edited:

bennyrodz

Jun 11, 2018
Visit site
I knew ahead of time that the U12+ was going to get crappy reviews. I was called an ***** for saying such, but it looks like I've been vindicated because this phone is fairing horribly in these reviews.

What I do wonder is if HTC even bothers reading these reviews and consider the feedback from the author and commenters. If they do, do they even care about what's being said?

These reviews mean absolutely nothing, i would rather have zero buttons than a curved screen anyday of the week. If you're not interested in the HTC there's no need to continue to repeat yourself, you made your point like 2 pages ago. Once again, buttons are a non issue, they are like door handles, you think you need them until tesla came in and blew our minds. All these complaints are laughable. If they made the buttons as these people requested it would literally just be a repackaged s9, if we wanted that, we would buy an s9...

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
These reviews mean absolutely nothing, i would rather have zero buttons than a curved screen anyday of the week. If you're not interested in the HTC there's no need to continue to repeat yourself, you made your point like 2 pages ago. Once again, buttons are a non issue, they are like door handles, you think you need them until tesla came in and blew our minds. All these complaints are laughable. If they made the buttons as these people requested it would literally just be a repackaged s9, if we wanted that, we would buy an s9...

I wouldn't say they mean nothing. They have the power to influence potential buyers, especially if the source of the review is well respected and has a considerable following. I think nothing is wrong with HTC's approach for the buttons, it's their execution that has landed them out of favor with the reviewers' overall assessment of the U12+. Me personally, the buttons wouldn't put me off from getting the U12+, the price and battery life are what have me on the fence.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

Just like a movie I really want to see, I couldn't care less about the reviews because I'm going to see it anyway. And as for the buttons, I need to see for myself how "bad" they are before making judgement. I love HTC because of their camera and audio capabilities. I'm dying to test out the Sonic Zoom Audio or whatever they're calling it!

bennyrodz

Jun 11, 2018
Visit site
Just like a movie I really want to see, I couldn't care less about the reviews because I'm going to see it anyway. And as for the buttons, I need to see for myself how "bad" they are before making judgement. I love HTC because of their camera and audio capabilities. I'm dying to test out the Sonic Zoom Audio or whatever they're calling it!

You are exactly right. In all these reviews the pro's are, excellent performance, excellent camera, best speakers on the market, and cheaper than s9. The only real complaints are the buttons which really mean nothing to me as i havent used them in about 4 years since the swipes became available. And the complaint of the battery again, is a non issue. The battery life on the S9+ and U12 are identical from what i read, so to have the same battery life as the highest rated phone on the market, thats a big time PRO in my opinion. Its almost like people are reaching for straws to find things to complain about. So if by the 21st the button sensitivity gets patched (Which is extremely possible considering they pushed back the launch originally), than according to the reviews, we must have the best phone on the market in the past 3 years then right? Since that has been 99% of the complaints.

drewsg

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I haven't owned an HTC phone since the EVO 4G and was looking forward to this phone for months. The general consensus about the poor battery life, button functionality and screen have turned me off. I'm gonna hop on the S9+ while the deals for $300 off is still going.

anon(10464842)

May 24, 2018
Visit site

lol i just find it fascinating how habib keeps bashing HTC over and over again, thinking we can't see his mischievous behaviour, funny enough he has the audacity to admit bashing U12+ before it even came out.
Bruh habib, can you just do us a favour?

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
lol i just find it fascinating how habib keeps bashing HTC over and over again, thinking we can't see his mischievous behaviour, funny enough he has the audacity to admit bashing U12+ before it even came out.
Bruh habib, can you just do us a favour?

Wow dude, I'm actually intrigued here...lol. I don't know how good your reading comprehension skills are, but I do recall predicting how the U12+ would fare in its reviews before they came out (i.e., not good). I don't recall saying that I "bashed" it before it came out y0.

But it makes perfect sense for an HTC fanboy to bash HTC. Sorry loc, but I'm a realist. No matter how loyal I am to HTC and how many of their products I've owned, I'm not going to be detached from reality and be obvious to and not acknowledge the truth.

But back on topic, at least the U12+ didn't do horribly in MKBHD's review, which seemed more forgiving of the buttons.

https://youtu.be/9gkxwIZPOZk

Larry 609

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
The only real complaints are the buttons which really mean nothing to me as i havent used them in about 4 years since the swipes became available.

What do you use for changing the volume on music, video or calls then? I use the volume buttons fairly regularly for those reasons.

Outside of the rare turn-off or restart, the power button depends on whether I have easy access to the fingerprint sensor or not.

bennyrodz

Jun 11, 2018
Visit site
What do you use for changing the volume on music, video or calls then? I use the volume buttons fairly regularly for those reasons.

Outside of the rare turn-off or restart, the power button depends on whether I have easy access to the fingerprint sensor or not.

For the volume I have it automatically set to go just after like 11pm. And for music I generally just use the built in Amazon Alexa feature and just say, Alexa volume x, the u11 had it as well. And I agree with you, I barely touch the power button too because of the screen swipes and fingerprint sensor. I'm very much looking forward testing it out for myself.

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
You are actually trying to justify HTC's button fiasco? wow I hope they're paying you well.

if anything should be easy to nail it's the buttons but leave it to HTC to foul that up. I'm sure this is a decent phone in every other way but they must of known this was going to lead to bad reviews.

at this point, you're better off moving to an LG if you value audio and don't want to move to Apple or Samsung. the V30+ it's a solid alternative and it's even on Sprint for cheap!

I used to be an HTC fanboy but they make it very hard these days.

bennyrodz

Jun 11, 2018
Visit site
You are actually trying to justify HTC's button fiasco? wow I hope they're paying you well.

if anything should be easy to nail it's the buttons but leave it to HTC to foul that up. I'm sure this is a decent phone in every other way but they must of known this was going to lead to bad reviews.

at this point, you're better off moving to an LG if you value audio and don't want to move to Apple or Samsung. the V30+ it's a solid alternative and it's even on Sprint for cheap!

I haven't seen anyone that isn't paid to review make a significant complaint about the buttons since its release date, in fact they just say it takes some getting used to. If your comments are based on just reviews were pretty much past that stage now...

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

The complaints against these buttons are exaggeratingly stupid. I've been using it for 4 full days. They really are not that bad. Why don't you actually use the phone before making claims. All reasonable reviews don't even balk at the "crappiness" of the buttons. MKBHD didn't even say anything bad. Use the phone. Then come talk to me