HTC U12+ Reviews Here

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
The complaints against these buttons are exaggeratingly stupid. I've been using it for 4 full days. They really are not that bad. Why don't you actually use the phone before making claims. All reasonable reviews don't even balk at the "crappiness" of the buttons. MKBHD didn't even say anything bad. Use the phone. Then come talk to me

Cool I'll just go into a carrier store and check it out... Oh wait

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Cool I'll just go into a carrier store and check it out... Oh wait

Hahahaa, yeah good luck. My point is, *you* have absolutely no idea what the "buttons" feel like. Go ahead and listen to the biased garbage everyone else is talking about. Your loss. Herd mentality

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Hahahaa, yeah good luck. My point is, *you* have absolutely no idea what the "buttons" feel like. Go ahead and listen to the biased garbage everyone else is talking about. Your loss. Herd mentality

How exactly am I supposed to check one of these out without just buying it outright? Go ask a friend who has one?

Nobody but the most diehard HTC fan is going to buy this thing outright without even playing with it first.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
How exactly am I supposed to check one of these out without just buying it outright? Go ask a friend who has one?

Nobody but the most diehard HTC fan is going to buy this thing outright without even playing with it first.

Well, take it from a die-hard HTC fan, you can always trust HTC to put out excellent hardware and one of the best experiences of software out there. And you can take that, to the bank. Haha.

bennyrodz

Jun 11, 2018
Visit site

I just got my phone today, and i absolutely love it. The buttons are actually incredible, they work flawlessly, you feel a vibration as if you were actually pressing a button. And to think i was very close to purchasing something else due to the reviews, sooo happy i did not. If you havent tried the phone firsthand, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Hell i even just found out HTC sense can count my steps like a fitbit, im falling more in love by the minute and ive only had it maybe 4 hours.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
You are actually trying to justify HTC's button fiasco? wow I hope they're paying you well.

if anything should be easy to nail it's the buttons but leave it to HTC to foul that up. I'm sure this is a decent phone in every other way but they must of known this was going to lead to bad reviews.

at this point, you're better off moving to an LG if you value audio and don't want to move to Apple or Samsung. the V30+ it's a solid alternative and it's even on Sprint for cheap!

I used to be an HTC fanboy but they make it very hard these days.

I was also a HTC fanboy I still am kinda. However instead of the lgv30 for audio I got the Sony xz2 which has really great stereo front-facing speakers I'm pretty good audio. I had to get the Sony phone because my u11 was acting up and had to send in to repair. I actually had to send it in twice it looks like the second time they sent me back a brand new phone with the new IMEI number. So I don't know if I'm going to keep it or if I'm going to sell it. but I am a little worried if I work at the u12 Plus about the pressure sensitive buttons.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Today was actually fantastic. Going on my 5th full day. Battery is getting better and better.

I'm not sure I like that I want to say that as a big HTC fan who had a u11 how to send it in twice for repairs of the battery and finally they just sent me a new phone. Now in the meantime I had to buy this Sony XZ2 and one day I got five and a half hours of screen on time but my full time since I last charge was about 17 hours and 30 minutes so what you got on your Plus. What I'm getting tired of with HTC that they don't update their software very fast their flagship u11 it's still stuck on December security update. I'm not sure what security update the u12 plus is at but the Sony XZ2 got June's update about five days after the pixels did. That's what I had it on HTC not doing fast enough security updates.

anon(10464842)

May 24, 2018
Visit site
You are actually trying to justify HTC's button fiasco? wow I hope they're paying you well.

if anything should be easy to nail it's the buttons but leave it to HTC to foul that up. I'm sure this is a decent phone in every other way but they must of known this was going to lead to bad reviews.

at this point, you're better off moving to an LG if you value audio and don't want to move to Apple or Samsung. the V30+ it's a solid alternative and it's even on Sprint for cheap!

I used to be an HTC fanboy but they make it very hard these days.

You're arguing over something you've never used, and have no plans to use! I understand ppl's concerns, and I took the risk to try it for myself... But to come here arguing as if you owned one and dismissed it cuz you hated the buttons, when in fact you only took someone review following 2hours of use...? You sound like an argumentative ***** IMHO.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure I like that I want to say that as a big HTC fan who had a u11 how to send it in twice for repairs of the battery and finally they just sent me a new phone. Now in the meantime I had to buy this Sony XZ2 and one day I got five and a half hours of screen on time but my full time since I last charge was about 17 hours and 30 minutes so what you got on your Plus. What I'm getting tired of with HTC that they don't update their software very fast their flagship u11 it's still stuck on December security update. I'm not sure what security update the u12 plus is at but the Sony XZ2 got June's update about five days after the pixels did. That's what I had it on HTC not doing fast enough security updates.

I hear you. I am in the same boat with the security patch crap. Honestly though, I can deal with that because it is the only bad part of owning an HTC phone. Now I've never had to deal with customer service, except once with the M9 and the Uh-Oh replacement, and that was a great experience. They resolved the matter quickly and I had my new phone in a matter of days. Now I know it's a huge fiasco, but until I have to deal with it, I can't say it's bad. I would have actually kept the XZ2 had it not been for the lack of carrier features I expect to have when I fork out $800+ for a phone on top of the fact that I'm also paying a good amount on my phone bill that makes me feel like those features are necessary. The lack of VoWiFi and VoLTE killed that phone for me. Call quality sucked out in the boonies where I live. So, I will live with the non-existent security patches if it means I get every feature I need and want. On top of that, the camera on the U12+ slaughters the XZ2. In stills and video.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Also, in regards to the battery, I used it as a WiFi hotspot for just under the 2 hour mark and steamed on Spotify for 6 hours. I also used the camera to take pics and record some video. I'd say that's pretty damn good

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I hear you. I am in the same boat with the security patch crap. Honestly though, I can deal with that because it is the only bad part of owning an HTC phone. Now I've never had to deal with customer service, except once with the M9 and the Uh-Oh replacement, and that was a great experience. They resolved the matter quickly and I had my new phone in a matter of days. Now I know it's a huge fiasco, but until I have to deal with it, I can't say it's bad. I would have actually kept the XZ2 had it not been for the lack of carrier features I expect to have when I fork out $800+ for a phone on top of the fact that I'm also paying a good amount on my phone bill that makes me feel like those features are necessary. The lack of VoWiFi and VoLTE killed that phone for me. Call quality sucked out in the boonies where I live. So, I will live with the non-existent security patches if it means I get every feature I need and want. On top of that, the camera on the U12+ slaughters the XZ2. In stills and video.

I hear you too I understand that the HTC has really good cameras and I'm glad you had a good customer service with them when you talk to them. But unfortunately I did not when I set the phone in the first time it took 2 months and they did not fix anything. I sent in a second time they sent me back a brand new phone an HTC u11 in the meantime I had to get a phone luckily I was able to get a Sony xz2 for about 435 with taxes. To tell you the truth the u11 has voice over LTE and Y Wi-Fi calling but I'm on AT & T and if the phone is not certified on their Network and you can't use it. so I don't know if HTC certified the HTC u11 this time on AT & T network. so what good with those Carrier Services do me if I'm on AT & T. I live without voice over LTE on my HTC u11 so I'm pretty good with that. And I can't justify spending $800 on HTC after customer after their customer service to me three months without a phone or I had to buy a phone in the meantime. I can't just return this. on top of the security updates and leave a sour taste in my mouth. And I was a huge event I had nothing but HTC phones my whole life until this Sony phone. So maybe I'll wait a couple months and see how the HTC u12 is from you guys or I may probably get the pixel 3.

elverdiblanco

Jun 12, 2018
Visit site

I set up my U12+ today and can't see the VoLTE or VoWiFi settings anywhere on the phone. The SIM card in it is the same one I've been using in my HTC 10 for the last 2 years where VoWiFi has been working just fine. I've logged a call with HTC support and they have promised to call back tomorrow with hopefully a resolution. Living where I live some sort of WiFi calling is a must otherwise the phone is a brick so if they can't tell me how to get VoLTE or VoWiFi working I'm afraid I'll have to send it back as it is of no use to me. That would be a shame as I've been looking forward to this phone for a while and it is otherwise a great device. Even the much maligned buttons I haven't found that bad.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I set up my U12+ today and can't see the VoLTE or VoWiFi settings anywhere on the phone. The SIM card in it is the same one I've been using in my HTC 10 for the last 2 years where VoWiFi has been working just fine. I've logged a call with HTC support and they have promised to call back tomorrow with hopefully a resolution. Living where I live some sort of WiFi calling is a must otherwise the phone is a brick so if they can't tell me how to get VoLTE or VoWiFi working I'm afraid I'll have to send it back as it is of no use to me. That would be a shame as I've been looking forward to this phone for a while and it is otherwise a great device. Even the much maligned buttons I haven't found that bad.

Which carrier are you using? The HTC reps flat out told me VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling would not work on AT&T.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Also, in regards to the battery, I used it as a WiFi hotspot for just under the 2 hour mark and steamed on Spotify for 6 hours. I also used the camera to take pics and record some video. I'd say that's pretty damn good

That was one of my biggest questions about the phone. I actually quite liked what I saw out of it. And the buttons from non-YouTube reviewers don't seem like a huge deal. But I worry about the battery life. The reviews were claiming they were getting over an hour less screen on time compared to other phones in this price bracket.

I'd like to hear from real users as to the actual quality of battery life.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
That was one of my biggest questions about the phone. I actually quite liked what I saw out of it. And the buttons from non-YouTube reviewers don't seem like a huge deal. But I worry about the battery life. The reviews were claiming they were getting over an hour less screen on time compared to other phones in this price bracket.

I'd like to hear from real users as to the actual quality of battery life.

Well, like I said, it keeps getting better and better.

Attachments

• 7354.jpg
    7354.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 34

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
If the only complaints these reviews have are the buttons than it is absolutely laughable how much this is being blown out of proportion. Who honestly even uses that power button more than once a week? Android has had the "Swipe screen up" to turn on the display for years, that button has become practically irrelevant. The same goes for volume, how many times a week do you need to turn up or down the volume without first turning on the display? Android has it so you can just put it face down to mute the volume. All these negative reviews are completely non factors, i wouldn't have been opposed to them removing those buttons all together, as long as the screen swipes work honestly who cares? It has some of the fastest hardware and the best camera on the market, plus amazon alexa.

Having a different option for something that is bad in the first place isn't a "non-issue" I use my power button everyday. I also use my volume buttons every day. People are different than you. Also the batter life has been said to be poor considering it's size from multiple reviewers which is bad. For you to say that something may be bad but is a "non-issue" because there is a work around is not acceptable to me. If the phone has a bad battery life but you say "It's ok because I can just charge it for an hour and it'll be almost full" is damage controlling to to the extreme. What if I'm not next to a charger? I don't want to have to carry around a power bank because that's just extra kit I don't want to lug around. Phones nowadays are near perfection and to be hindered by something as essential/simple as buttons, battery life, and having no wireless charging isn't worth $900. Lot more phones have fewer compromises for the same price.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze