HTC U12+ Reviews Here

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I just got my phone today, and i absolutely love it. The buttons are actually incredible, they work flawlessly, you feel a vibration as if you were actually pressing a button. And to think i was very close to purchasing something else due to the reviews, sooo happy i did not. If you havent tried the phone firsthand, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Hell i even just found out HTC sense can count my steps like a fitbit, im falling more in love by the minute and ive only had it maybe 4 hours.

Now I know you're just an HTC spokes person. Lol. The buttons work flawlessly? How about holding down one of the volume buttons to change the volume quickly? Does that work like any other Android phone? It's ok to like a company man but don't damage control for them. It won't get you or them anywhere. You have to be real about their products. It's a good phone with problems like any other phone. Just some people don't want to deal with the U12+ specific problems of bad battery, wonky buttons, and stale UI. This coming from a person that used to love them (I owned a HTC EVO 3D and a HTC One M7 before switching to S7 edge) and the UI still looks extremely similar to my 5 year old M7.

anon(10464842)

May 24, 2018
Visit site
So far, I'm really pleased with my phone (except for the EU charger the distributer had sent!), the button is absolutely fine, and I've been using consistently... not had a single issue with it... I'm glad i wasn't persuaded by the complaints...

Battery life, I've been using the phone since i got it yesterday (exactly 24hours since i opened the box), I've not charged it so far, it is on +40%... pretty good I'd say for my video streaming habit and for the fact it went on frenzy updating applications and all the jazz!

Lets see how things develop!

elverdiblanco

Jun 12, 2018
Visit site
So far, I'm really pleased with my phone (except for the EU charger the distributer had sent!), the button is absolutely fine, and I've been using consistently... not had a single issue with it... I'm glad i wasn't persuaded by the complaints...

Battery life, I've been using the phone since i got it yesterday (exactly 24hours since i opened the box), I've not charged it so far, it is on +40%... pretty good I'd say for my video streaming habit and for the fact it went on frenzy updating applications and all the jazz!

Lets see how things develop!

What network are you on? Can you get wifi calling working? I'm on EE and wifi calling isn't working so the phone is still in a box because unless I can get wifi calling working it is being sent back :(

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Now I know you're just an HTC spokes person. Lol. The buttons work flawlessly? How about holding down one of the volume buttons to change the volume quickly? Does that work like any other Android phone? It's ok to like a company man but don't damage control for them. It won't get you or them anywhere. You have to be real about their products. It's a good phone with problems like any other phone. Just some people don't want to deal with the U12+ specific problems of bad battery, wonky buttons, and stale UI. This coming from a person that used to love them (I owned a HTC EVO 3D and a HTC One M7 before switching to S7 edge) and the UI still looks extremely similar to my 5 year old M7.

Again, you don't have the phone so how would you know. It's seriously laughable how you people put so much stock in what others say. It is literally herd mentality. These are not buttons. They are software driven keys. They function exactly as I thought they would. Yes, I can hold them down and vol + & - just like my U11 and 10. I can register multiple presses in a row. You've seen my screenshots of battery life, it's not "bad battery" life. This phone is immaculate. "Sense is stale" is your only argument? 👏👏👏
P.E.
-I say sense is *mature*.

Last edited:

bennyrodz

Jun 11, 2018
Visit site

you sir are absolutely delusional. I have had this phone for I think three days now, and not once have I attempted to power on or use a volume and found it not to work, nor had I any trouble at all in regards to the button. The buttons are in fact, a non issue, use it for one day you will not have even realized the buttons aren't "real". Btw if I was a HTC spokesperson as you say, I wouldn't have gotten my phone weeks after release date after having to place three orders and make 22 phone calls,all while being in every forum during that time looking for information. You have never in your life used this phone, and by the way you sound it doesn't sound like you ever will, so why on god's green earth are you here giving your irrelevant non educated opinion? We are being real about their products, being that we purchased it and are currently using it to write this comment. And yes obviously holding down the volume to change volume quickly works, as I said it has been absolutely flawless.

First phone to ever have smart landscape mode while reading, which is phenomenal. And first phone to be able to squeeze and get the camera out, or squeeze a little longer to turn the flashlight on/off. The flashlight part is so awesome I don't even turn on the bathroom light at night, such a beautifully unique detail that never got spoken about in the reviews. I for one, am in absolute love with this phone.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
you sir are absolutely delusional. I have had this phone for I think three days now, and not once have I attempted to power on or use a volume and found it not to work, nor had I any trouble at all in regards to the button. The buttons are in fact, a non issue, use it for one day you will not have even realized the buttons aren't "real". Btw if I was a HTC spokesperson as you say, I wouldn't have gotten my phone weeks after release date after having to place three orders and make 22 phone calls,all while being in every forum during that time looking for information. You have never in your life used this phone, and by the way you sound it doesn't sound like you ever will, so why on god's green earth are you here giving your irrelevant non educated opinion? We are being real about their products, being that we purchased it and are currently using it to write this comment. And yes obviously holding down the volume to change volume quickly works, as I said it has been absolutely flawless.

First phone to ever have smart landscape mode while reading, which is phenomenal. And first phone to be able to squeeze and get the camera out, or squeeze a little longer to turn the flashlight on/off. The flashlight part is so awesome I don't even turn on the bathroom light at night, such a beautifully unique detail that never got spoken about in the reviews. I for one, am in absolute love with this phone.

For real. I found it hilarious that these guys come on here and they don't even know what using the phone is actually like. The thing is, if it isn't ****dung or crapple "innovating", it isn't going to get the pass. All of you who come to these HTC forums can come here and spew all your herd mentality all you want. Until you have real world experience with the phone, you're comments are invalid. Erroneous and completely unwanted. For people coming here who have used the phone with valid complaints, I'd love to hear it.we give way too much power to the words of these "reviewers". I watched all thier videos. Every hands on and review that came out for this phone. I still decided to *think for myself*, like a big boy, and get this phone anyway. Not only because I know for me, the competition doesn't stack up, but also because I have thoroughly enjoyed HTC devices for the past 5 years in a row. They make good $#!T. Period.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
For real. I found it hilarious that these guys come on here and they don't even know what using the phone is actually like. The thing is, if it isn't ****dung or crapple "innovating", it isn't going to get the pass. All of you who come to these HTC forums can come here and spew all your herd mentality all you want. Until you have real world experience with the phone, you're comments are invalid. Erroneous and completely unwanted. For people coming here who have used the phone with valid complaints, I'd love to hear it.we give way too much power to the words of these "reviewers". I watched all thier videos. Every hands on and review that came out for this phone. I still decided to *think for myself*, like a big boy, and get this phone anyway. Not only because I know for me, the competition doesn't stack up, but also because I have thoroughly enjoyed HTC devices for the past 5 years in a row. They make good $#!T. Period.

Like you have had HTC phones for the past five to six years actually HTC is only phone effect I've had. Since the very first HTC Evo which was the first 4. 3 inch phone. I didn't come on here to bash HTC I came to see what you guys were thinking about the phone. HTC's Customer Service kind of rub me the wrong way the first time I had an issue with my HTC u11 I was having battery issues and I send it in for repair I did not receive for almost 2 months and it did not get fixed. I called how to send in a second time no communication whatsoever both times this time when I got sent back to send you a brand new phone it was even still had 7. 1. 1. so I just hope nothing goes wrong with your phone that needs to be repaired because I can't be with the manufacturer that cannot give on time security updates and can I fix their phones in a timely manner. They may be able to make amazing phones but that's only one part of the equation. The reason why HTC is not doing great as a phone manufacturer is because of their customer service they just lost a die-hard HTC fan because of the customer service and the security patch issues. I would probably get this phone if I wasn't forced to get another phone I am glad but I was able to get a Sony Xperia xz-2 for four hundred bucks. And to tell you the truth it's a really good Hardware phone has a great camera. And my number one greatest thing as they give the security patches almost five to six days after the pixels get it. Maybe I will get the 12 plus if it ever comes down to about 600 bucks.

As a die-hard HTC fan they need to sell bulk not at high prices more than not going to sell a lot of many phones. I would have bought this phone if it was at 599.99 but alas it's not.

Also would like to know what security patch level is the phone at?

anon(10464842)

May 24, 2018
Visit site
What network are you on? Can you get wifi calling working? I'm on EE and wifi calling isn't working so the phone is still in a box because unless I can get wifi calling working it is being sent back :(

Vodafone on contract
Can't find where it is, I've not tried to check with Vodafone, as far as I know, if the phone enables it, it will just work... Might need HTC to intervene

elverdiblanco

Jun 12, 2018
Visit site
Vodafone on contract
Can't find where it is, I've not tried to check with Vodafone, as far as I know, if the phone enables it, it will just work... Might need HTC to intervene

Same here, can't see any options in phone or SIM settings to enable wifi calling. I spoke to HTC about this on Thursday and they said they would call back yesterday (Friday) but nothing.

anon(10464842)

May 24, 2018
Visit site
Same here, can't see any options in phone or SIM settings to enable wifi calling. I spoke to HTC about this on Thursday and they said they would call back yesterday (Friday) but nothing.

I was looking up the option on the vodafone site, it said I needed to download My Vodafone app which is not available on business phones :/ ... I'll be getting a personal number on Wednesday and try with another network...

No one ever calls back, if i were you and really need it, I'd call back myself

elverdiblanco

Jun 12, 2018
Visit site
I was looking up the option on the vodafone site, it said I needed to download My Vodafone app which is not available on business phones :/ ... I'll be getting a personal number on Wednesday and try with another network...

No one ever calls back, if i were you and really need it, I'd call back myself

Wifi calling on EE doesn't need any sort of app which makes it all the more surprising that it doesn't just work out of the box the way it does with the HTC 10 and U11.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Wifi calling on EE doesn't need any sort of app which makes it all the more surprising that it doesn't just work out of the box the way it does with the HTC 10 and U11.
Can't speak for other carriers, but on TMobile U.S the wifi calling and Volte automatically worked.

elverdiblanco

Jun 12, 2018
Visit site
Can't speak for other carriers, but on TMobile U.S the wifi calling and Volte automatically worked.

Where are the options to switch on wifi calling? Are they in Settings -> Call or in the SIM options? When wifi calling is active does the icon show permanently in the notification bar the same way it does with the HTC 10 and U11? I've had a look through the online manual for the phone and it doesn't mention wifi calling at all.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Where are the options to switch on wifi calling? Are they in Settings -> Call or in the SIM options? When wifi calling is active does the icon show permanently in the notification bar the same way it does with the HTC 10 and U11? I've had a look through the online manual for the phone and it doesn't mention wifi calling at all.
It's under "Call". The layout in setting is hard to navigate.

520fbc2c082feda179b5a8435735f1ee.jpg

elverdiblanco

Jun 12, 2018
Visit site
Wow that looks different to mine. This is what I get on the Call menu

Screenshot_20180701-183726.png

Then on the SIM1 menu

Screenshot_20180701-183756.png

Is the version on sale in the US a dual SIM model? I thought they were the same everywhere.

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

Hi, I always thought wifi calling only worked on EE supplied phones?

elverdiblanco

Jun 12, 2018
Visit site
Hi, I always thought wifi calling only worked on EE supplied phones?

That's what they want you to believe and it is still what some of their customer services agents will tell you but there's a bunch of phones that will work with wifi calling regardless of where they were purchased. That list of phones includes the HTC 10 and U11 so why the 12 doesn't work is a mystery.

Ranny99

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Didn't they sell both those phones though
That's what they want you to believe and it is still what some of their customer services agents will tell you but there's a bunch of phones that will work with wifi calling regardless of where they were purchased. That list of phones includes the HTC 10 and U11 so why the 12 doesn't work is a mystery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze