HTC U12+ Reviews Here

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So far, I'm really pleased with my phone (except for the EU charger the distributer had sent!), the button is absolutely fine, and I've been using consistently... not had a single issue with it... I'm glad i wasn't persuaded by the complaints...

Battery life, I've been using the phone since i got it yesterday (exactly 24hours since i opened the box), I've not charged it so far, it is on +40%... pretty good I'd say for my video streaming habit and for the fact it went on frenzy updating applications and all the jazz!

Lets see how things develop!

Does WiFi calling work with O2?

elverdiblanco

Jun 12, 2018
Visit site

No idea but I called HTC again to chase up seeing as my promised callback on Friday never materialised. The agent said that they have had a lot of calls about non-functioning wifi calling and that the issue had been escalated. She couldn't however give any indication as to when any fix or update might be available. As far as I'm concerned they have a week to fix it so I can return the phone within the 14 day period since delivery because without wifi calling it is useless for me. If I then hear that the problems with wifi calling have been fixed I can always just buy another one.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
No idea but I called HTC again to chase up seeing as my promised callback on Friday never materialised. The agent said that they have had a lot of calls about non-functioning wifi calling and that the issue had been escalated. She couldn't however give any indication as to when any fix or update might be available. As far as I'm concerned they have a week to fix it so I can return the phone within the 14 day period since delivery because without wifi calling it is useless for me. If I then hear that the problems with wifi calling have been fixed I can always just buy another one.

I don't really think it's an issue with the phone, but an issue with the carrier. WiFi calling is not going to work on every carrier.

elverdiblanco

Jun 12, 2018
Visit site
I don't really think it's an issue with the phone, but an issue with the carrier. WiFi calling is not going to work on every carrier.

I'd perhaps be tempted to agree if there at least were some settings in the phone to enable the features even if they were greyed out. In my case I have wifi calling working in my HTC 10, my partner has it working on the same network on her U11 but the U12+ has nothing in the settings related to wifi calling.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd perhaps be tempted to agree if there at least were some settings in the phone to enable the features even if they were greyed out. In my case I have wifi calling working in my HTC 10, my partner has it working on the same network on her U11 but the U12+ has nothing in the settings related to wifi calling.

Do you have the carrier version of the 10?

elverdiblanco

Jun 12, 2018
Visit site
Do you have the carrier version of the 10?

Yes I do but the carrier's own website says that wifi calling is supported on the HTC 10 regardless of where it was purchased. Same with the U11 my partner has and her's isn't a carrier version but wifi calling works just fine on her's.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Either way, it's a software issue and not hardware. For my HTC 10 on AT&T, I had to wipe the cache partition in order to see the VoLTE setting. It didn't appear at all before I did that. You can maybe try that? For the U12 on AT&T, the settings for VoLTE and WIFI Calling are not there at all, but HTC told me ahead of time they would not work on AT&T.

elverdiblanco

Jun 12, 2018
Visit site
Either way, it's a software issue and not hardware. For my HTC 10 on AT&T, I had to wipe the cache partition in order to see the VoLTE setting. It didn't appear at all before I did that. You can maybe try that? For the U12 on AT&T, the settings for VoLTE and WIFI Calling are not there at all, but HTC told me ahead of time they would not work on AT&T.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tphones%2Fhtc-u12-plus-spec%2F&token=cvDwS56n

There's nothing there to say that wifi calling or VoLTE will only work on certain networks. I tried a full factory reset but that didn't get it working, is it still worth wiping the cache partition?

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

anon(10464842)

May 24, 2018
Visit site
Yes I do but the carrier's own website says that wifi calling is supported on the HTC 10 regardless of where it was purchased. Same with the U11 my partner has and her's isn't a carrier version but wifi calling works just fine on her's.

That's exactly what O2 said to me, if the phone enables it, no issues from their side regardless where the phone is from

I can't see the wifi calling feature either unfortunately, and I'm still waiting for my test sim cards to arrive for signal testing...

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Sorry mate can you plz take a screenshot of ur software info? This is what mine looks like
Here you go.

3f6d8e508860fee3dfed14216ffccd9d.jpg

elverdiblanco

Jun 12, 2018
Visit site
is this reviews or wifi calling ?? id like to hear what people think of this phone . ty

I'd love to tell you but in the week I've had it, it has spent almost all the time in its box because without Wi-Fi calling working it is no use to me and will be getting returned. In the little I've played with it, the buttons are nowhere near as bad as some of the reviews make out, it looks fantastic but I'm not hugely impressed with the boomsound speakers. They're OK but far inferior to the M7 though much better than the HTC 10

zoometra

Jul 5, 2018
Visit site
I've been using the U12+ for about a week now and I'm really struggling to understand all the negative reviews about buttons. They work perfectly, I'd say they were a pleasure to use and I love the haptic feedback. Going back to a "clicky button" phone actually feels a bit old fashioned now!

My first phone with "edge sense" - love it.

Only disappointment for me was that I can't use dual SIMs AND a microSD. But that's my fault for not reading the specs properly.

Other than that I'm loving the phone so far.

elverdiblanco

Jun 12, 2018
Visit site
Mine is going back. HTC support have said that Wi-Fi calling should be in the phone settings and if the settings to switch it on are not there the unit must be faulty. I think that's nonsense and a software update would probably fix it but I'm almost at the end of the 14 day period where I can send it back for a full refund. Can't afford to wait for an update only for one not to turn up and be left with a phone that is no use to me. Shame, because it is otherwise a great device.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Mine is going back. HTC support have said that Wi-Fi calling should be in the phone settings and if the settings to switch it on are not there the unit must be faulty. I think that's nonsense and a software update would probably fix it but I'm almost at the end of the 14 day period where I can send it back for a full refund. Can't afford to wait for an update only for one not to turn up and be left with a phone that is no use to me. Shame, because it is otherwise a great device.

Either way, it's a carrier issue and not a phone or software issue. It's up to carriers to decide if they want to allow unlocked phones to benefit from all services. I had VoLTE from AT&T on my 10, but it's not on my U12. T-Mobile on the other hand allows unlocked phones to use both VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling.