HTC U12+ Reviews Here

elverdiblanco

Jun 12, 2018
Visit site
Either way, it's a carrier issue and not a phone or software issue. It's up to carriers to decide if they want to allow unlocked phones to benefit from all services. I had VoLTE from AT&T on my 10, but it's not on my U12. T-Mobile on the other hand allows unlocked phones to use both VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling.

The carrier I use allows Wi-Fi calling from unlocked phones including the HTC 10 and U11. Posts elsewhere indicate it works with the OnePlus 6 as well even though that is a phone they neither sell or officially support. On your U12 are the Wi-Fi calling options not present or present but greyed out? On mine they're hot present anywhere in the phone settings.

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
The carrier I use allows Wi-Fi calling from unlocked phones including the HTC 10 and U11. Posts elsewhere indicate it works with the OnePlus 6 as well even though that is a phone they neither sell or officially support. On your U12 are the Wi-Fi calling options not present or present but greyed out? On mine they're hot present anywhere in the phone settings.

The options are not even present, and HTC had told me upfront those options were not going to be available on the AT&T network.

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Again, you don't have the phone so how would you know. It's seriously laughable how you people put so much stock in what others say. It is literally herd mentality. These are not buttons. They are software driven keys. They function exactly as I thought they would. Yes, I can hold them down and vol + & - just like my U11 and 10. I can register multiple presses in a row. You've seen my screenshots of battery life, it's not "bad battery" life. This phone is immaculate. "Sense is stale" is your only argument? 👏👏👏
P.E.
-I say sense is *mature*.

Every reviewer explains otherwise. And I'm not stupid enough to spend $900 to just try a phone out. That's what carrier stores are for. Oh wait...

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
HTC just lost a ton of employees. I'm sure the support for this phone and the next phone will be just fine. LuL

You're a funny dude. You like wasting you're time on forums for devices you don't like. There must be a real battle going on inside you. Like a negative, "just gotta hate on something" kind of vibe. Sorry man. Sucks to be you...

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
You're a funny dude. You like wasting you're time on forums for devices you don't like. There must be a real battle going on inside you. Like a negative, "just gotta hate on something" kind of vibe. Sorry man. Sucks to be you...

Hey man I know you got the phone and HTC u12 Plus. But take this from a guy who's a very big HTC Fanboy and had nothing but HTC phones his whole life. I had to sell my HTC 10 and my HTC u11 because I had terrible service keep my u11 fixed after sending in twice and taking 4 to 5 months they finally sent me a brand new you 11. but I had bought a Sony XZ to which is really good phone with the Snapdragon 845 processor and has already July security update so Sony is actually keeping them up today this is the first Sony phone I've ever had. I love agencies design but their software has been lacking now and I've read tons of reviews are you 12 it's not the buttons suck it's that they don't always work right away. And you can't hold multiple buttons at the same time like pressing the power button and the volume button the same time. And it doesn't always give you a good feedback. Now I'm only offering to use I don't have the phone. However they are giving her you units to review by HTC. And like I said I was a big ACC fan before I have a horrible customer service and it took almost 5 months to get my phone fixed. So just because people comment like the one above you doesn't mean they're hating on HTC I hope they secede actually. No because they cut down the force and doesn't look promising. My next phone will probably be the pixel 3 since they have the original people who made the one the HTC M8 working on that phone.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
...only offering to use I don't have the phone. However they are giving her you units to review by HTC. And like I said I was a big ACC fan before I have a horrible customer service and it took almost 5 months to get my phone fixed. So just because people comment like the one above you doesn't mean they're hating on HTC I hope they secede actually.
I get it, that talking and having Google transcribe your text is great. I use it often. But come on man - can you at least make sure it kinda sorta makes sense before you send it?

anon(10464842)

May 24, 2018
Visit site
Either way, it's a carrier issue and not a phone or software issue. It's up to carriers to decide if they want to allow unlocked phones to benefit from all services. I had VoLTE from AT&T on my 10, but it's not on my U12. T-Mobile on the other hand allows unlocked phones to use both VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling.

Two things should happen
(1) the phone should show the feature, and we as users need to enable it
+
(2) the carrier doesnt block it!

Because we cant do (1), no point talking about carriers.
@elverdiblanco, it really is a shame, im hanging on to the phone, i really like it, if they release an update i'll let u know.

elverdiblanco

Jun 12, 2018
Visit site
Two things should happen
(1) the phone should show the feature, and we as users need to enable it
+
(2) the carrier doesnt block it!

Because we cant do (1), no point talking about carriers.

@elverdiblanco, it really is a shame, im hanging on to the phone, i really like it, if they release an update i'll let u know.

That would be great. I really liked the phone as well but for me Wi-Fi calling isn't a nice to have, it is a must where I live.

rrichardson_172

Oct 8, 2018
Visit site
Hi can anyone comment on the durability of the u12+? I saw on jerryrigseverything how easily the back cover popped out during the bend test and was wondering if that could happen if the phone takes a hard fall.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi can anyone comment on the durability of the u12+? I saw on jerryrigseverything how easily the back cover popped out during the bend test and was wondering if that could happen if the phone takes a hard fall.

Mines is in a ringke fusion case and I haven't had any trouble dropping it. It's fell from numerous heights(no higher than 4-5 feet though) and no issues.

TrophyNostalgia

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi can anyone recommend a good tempered glass that’s case friendly?

This may be better in a separate thread. However, I'm not sure if the HTC U12+ really requires a tempered glass cover. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but the Corning Gorilla Glass 3 allows it to be pretty much impervious to scratching. It may not be shatter proof (which would require Corning Gorilla Glass 5) but a good shock absorbent case should mitigate any risk of shattering. On my HTC 10 I bought tempered glass but never used it because despite countless drops my glass never got a scuff and I work in rough environments. The HTC 10 also had Corning Gorilla Glass 3. Someone with more expertise is welcome to correct me if I'm wrong on any point though.

realtor007

Nov 30, 2018
Visit site
I am buying the HTC U 12+ to replace the U 11. I have enjoyed all of my HTC phones and want this one, too! I'll post an honest review in a couple of weeks.

rrichardson_172

Oct 8, 2018
Visit site
I had this phone for about a month now. I bought the ceramic black US version on Amazon and I must say I just love this phone! It just performs well, whether it's gaming or multitasking. The buttons work just fine. So I'm curious about all the hullabaloo concerning them. Unfortunately I can't use the double tap or smart rotate feature with the Spigen cases but the edge sense works well. Sound quality is really balanced considering one of the speakers is bottom facing. Speakers are loud with reasonable amount of base. Call quality is great. Battery life is sufficient. I personally don't let my battery drain beyond 20% and I charge it up to 80% and that lasts me all day using around 40% screen brightness at qhd resolution. I spend about an HR a day watching YouTube and about 20 mins gaming. The cameras are impressive! I do agree with some reviews that it does tend to overexpose at times but it's still a great point and shoot camera and pro mode is there when you need it. Overall this a solid device and I'm glad I found this forum and purchased my device.

realtor007

Nov 30, 2018
Visit site
I am buying the HTC U 12+ to replace the U 11. I have enjoyed all of my HTC phones and want this one, too! I'll post an honest review in a couple of weeks.

Well, It's been a bit over a year now. Love the U12+. Still feels current to me. I'd like to see an HTC 5G phone. Love the camera, sound, display. Buttons work for me. It's been a solid device for me for the year. Love the Spigen case on it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey