HTC U12+ screen broken

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I broke the back and didn't even notice until I was showing it off one day, not sure how long it has even been broken, but found a back and replaced it lickety split. No problem. Went to the theme park a few weeks later and cracked the digitizer and can't find one anywhere. Contacted a seller on eBay who said they'd look into it for me and a few days later came back and said there aren't any to be had. Holy crap man seriously. I'd send it in for repair but my luck they'd send me a referb instead of fixing it. I put a screen protector over it to hold it all together and make using it less hazardous to my fingers and thumbs until such a time that one becomes available. I've never had a device that I couldn't find parts for and find it incredibly frustrating that my beautiful phone has this jacked up screen. Honestly it's not that bad but it's of course cracked where videos and images appear most. Saw a couple of units for parts but they had broken screens too. So not entirely sure what I'm going to do or what to do with my $1000 broken device.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if anyone is following this thread but I finally found a replacement screen and digitizer set. I actually found two sellers shortly after Christmas, one for $99 and one for $115. Not sure how many units were available but I got what it said was the last unit from the $115 person. Why would I opt for the pricier one? Reviews. The $99 person had a reviewer that said they'd ordered 2 and one didn't work. That worried me a little. Had it been a bigger difference in price, like 40 or 50 dollars, I probably would have tried the lower priced one but for $16 bucks and no negative reviews I figured why not. I'm guessing from the 30 day delivery time it's coming from China but just knowing that it's on its way makes me feel better.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I'd forgotten how pretty the display was. The screen came and I fixed it but it was the most intense screen replacement I've ever done. Turned out beautiful tho.

Altema22

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Nice job on the screen replacement! The U12+ has a beautiful screen. I like it better than our iPhone 8 Plus, which is supposed to be the best LCD screen that Apple has ever used. The U11 screen was slightly more vibrant, but I believe that's because the U12+ screen is tuned to be more "accurate" for DCI-P3 and HDR10 certification. I use a Note 8 at work, and it's screen has nothing on HTC.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance