Goodbye HTC

RayGee

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
About a month ago I noticed my phone (which I purchased directly from HTC in September) was powering down intermittently. Last week it was doing so on a regular basis. I contacted HTC Support last week and after several to restart using the three button method, it started.

Support asked me to do a factory reset, but I wanted to verify I had a full backup. Last evening I did the reset and this morning it was stone cold DOA this time. Called support to discuss service options. Was told I had just the one option, to ship it back to HTC Repair with an estimated three week turnaround. That's just unacceptable for me and my own fault for not doing enough research. Never had any service issues before.

As a loyal HTC customer (since the thunderbolt) I realized I made a mistake with this phone. I plan on starting my research for my next phone later today.

Regards -----------------

Kenneth Wortley

Dec 12, 2018
Visit site
I've just undergone a very painful ordeal - sent the phone in on 7 September; they of course said 3 weeks. It wasn't until 7 weeks later that they finally contacted me saying it would be $300 to repair a cracked screen. Then they said my Amex card was declined. Multiple times. It wasn't until after I got an Amex representative on another phone who confirmed that their system was never even attempted to be charged by HTC. The next lie by HTC was that they were having problems "processing" Amex charges. It took two more weeks for them to contact me to finally admit that they weren't processing payments for repairs with Amex, and they wanted me toi use another card. I use this phone for work and only have a corporate card with Amex, so my only other option was I offered to send a check. Consistent with their subterfuge and lies, they said they can't accept checks!

Every request to speak to a senior representative was either denied or worse. One time I said I would hold, only to be hung up on! Another time I specifically asked that they call me back; a week later still no phone call.

I was a loyal HTC customer going back to their first phone. No more. They clearly want to go out of business!

RayGee

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
They did state in the e-mail confirmation I received that Amex was not accepted.

I shipped mine back Fedex on 12/5 and they delivered on 12/7 at 10:35am.

I checked the HTC service tracking page on 12/14. It showed HTC had not received the phone as yet. I called them and was told they had not received my phone. I told him that was impossible, but since I did not have the tracking number on me, I would call back.

I just got off the phone with HTC and gave the tech the tracking number and he verified it "looks" like that did in fact receive it on 12/7. I was then told I should receive a status e-mail by the 28th.

When I hung the phone I checked the HTC service tracking site and saw this. Amazing, simply amazing. A great example of service falling off a cliff with a full throttle....

HTC Service.jpg

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I have been an HTC fan since the Incredible, my first smartphone btw, and have not always agreed with some of the changes they've made. Moving the power button every year, some of the things they've done with Sense, downgrading the camera to Ultra pixel, but through it all I have remained loyal. This year Verizon stopped carrying HTC and I kind of scratched my head. They had actually had the number one phone a few different times and even when it wasn't number one a lot of reviewers held up that years model against the top phones. With this device I've experienced things I've never experienced with HTC before. First they went from super sturdy phones to this super delicate design. Broke the back less than 2 weeks after having it. I was bit shook but when I found the back so easily and at a reasonable price I wasn't even mad. Then when the digitizer cracked and I couldn't find one anywhere, even enlisted a retailer selling other HTC parts, only to be told that there were none to be had I about boiled over. I'm used to under sized batteries, going through 10 power cords a year but for the part to simply not exist. That was incredible. Meanwhile, I never even considered sending it back because I was afraid I'd get some referb, little did I know, after reading this thread, that getting a referb would have been a god sent. I did finally find a screen and digitizer, it hasn't arrived yet but I'm hopeful that it is the correct one, at a price less than half of the above quoted price of $300 bucks. That on top of the $1k price tag, I think I would have just asked for the return and sold it off and moved on. It's the 3rd and expected delivery is the 25th. That won't even put me at 9 months with this phone, but this will likely be my last, and I say that with a heavy heart but this was an expensive lesson.

RayGee

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I finally picked up my phone Friday evening. Notice I said picked up not received. Due to a misaddressed UPS ground shipping label on the box, I had get to the UPS depot on the very west side of NYC after work or have them attempt another delivery to my office. In addition, I never received a call or e-mail from HTC informing me of my order status. If I have not been checking the status of my order, I would never have even know it shipped. On Friday I had call UPS to find out what was going on and was informed it was deliverable at 4pm and was heading back to the depot.

Good news they shipped me a new unit (no charge) and so far not issues other then a few settings. Glad it's back, but I will never again buy a phone from a manufacturer direct again. Too much hassle to deal with. Note: They actually did receive my phone at service on 12/7 (and acknowledged that on the phone) and got it back on 1/4. They just don't bother to update their service order website or contact me.

The experience was so terrible, that I plan on sending a letter to their CEO, which is something I reserve for the worst.

Regards and Happy New Year --------

HTC Service2.jpg

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I finally picked up my phone Friday evening. Notice I said picked up not received. Due to a misaddressed UPS ground shipping label on the box, I had get to the UPS depot on the very west side of NYC after work or have them attempt another delivery to my office. In addition, I never received a call or e-mail from HTC informing me of my order status. If I have not been checking the status of my order, I would never have even know it shipped. On Friday I had call UPS to find out what was going on and was informed it was deliverable at 4pm and was heading back to the depot.

Good news they shipped me a new unit (no charge) and so far not issues other then a few settings. Glad it's back, but I will never again buy a phone from a manufacturer direct again. Too much hassle to deal with. Note: They actually did receive my phone at service on 12/7 (and acknowledged that on the phone) and got it back on 1/4. They just don't bother to update their service order website or contact me.

The experience was so terrible, that I plan on sending a letter to their CEO, which is something I reserve for the worst.

Regards and Happy New Year --------

View attachment 296522

I'm glad you finally got your replacement and that the chapter to this difficult experience has been closed!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon