Goodbye, HTC... :-(

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, the time has come. I got a Google Pixel 4 XL. Without HTC coming out with a flagship device this year, I decided to put away my U12+ and move onto another brand. From the HTC Vivid to the One to the M8 to the M9 to the 10 to the U12+, thanks for the memories, HTC! You and BlackBerry will forever be in my heart. Godspeed! :p

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I feel you. From the Incredible, to the Rezound, to the One (M7), to the One (M9), to the HTC 10, to the U12+, all I ever knew was HTC. When everyone was down talking Sense and hating on the Ultra Pixel cameras, I was there telling them all they didn't know what they were talking about or missing. Well at least as far as Sense. Even I had issues with the Ultra Pixel approach but now isn't the time to bring up stuff like that. Now is time to say good bye to a brand that was, not just a phone, not just a light in the dark, even though it lit my way several times, but a companion, a navigator when I was lost in the middle of Indiana. Not quite as lost as I was trying to feel my way around the Samsung landscape but HTC still connected to the internet and even helped me through that. As you move on I want to share some of my experience with you. There will be things you hate with your new device, I hated the side to side paging of the app drawer, things that won't come easy, I was totally lost in Samsung's sea of setting's menus, nothing seemed to be instinctual compared to what I had known, but I do hope that you will eventually come to like your new device the way I eventually came to like my S10+. I liked it more than I liked the U12+... Well I actually liked the Incredible more than I liked the U12+. Not sure what they did to that one but I digress... The other models, the other models I could go on and on about. Happier with each one more than the last, even with the ridiculously long waits for OS updates. Did they ever update the U12+ to Pie??? But none of that matters right now. Yes, HTC was a great brand and after owning two of the phone of the year models put out by HTC, one can only ask, what happened HTC? What happened?

What a long strange trip it has been.

Altema22

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
Did they ever update the U12+ to Pie???
Yes they did, and it came out very polished. Nice touches like the ringer control popping precisely in the middle of the volume controls, camera updates, improvements to the already fast performance. Matter of fact, the update brought photographs that are more detailed than the iPhone 11 and the Note 10+, and the U12 Plus is now faster than the iPhone 11 and the Pixel 4.

So, it turned out nice, but took way too long IMHO.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes they did, and it came out very polished. Nice touches like the ringer control popping precisely in the middle of the volume controls, camera updates, improvements to the already fast performance. Matter of fact, the update brought photographs that are more detailed than the iPhone 11 and the Note 10+, and the U12 Plus is now faster than the iPhone 11 and the Pixel 4.

So, it turned out nice, but took way too long IMHO.

Not only did it take too long, but they also didn't implement gestures or update Sense.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I really have nothing to compare it to because the Incredible was my first smartphone. I know it got phone of the year that year, and I loved it too. It's funny that anyone even mentioned that today because on my way to work I was suddenly struck by how excited I got after an update when the phone restarted the first time I heard it say Droid. I was as giddy as a school kid.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Well, the time has come. I got a Google Pixel 4 XL. Without HTC coming out with a flagship device this year, I decided to put away my U12+ and move onto another brand. From the HTC Vivid to the One to the M8 to the M9 to the 10 to the U12+, thanks for the memories, HTC! You and BlackBerry will forever be in my heart. Godspeed! :p
Well....you're 2 for 3 so far. Let's hope the same thing doesn't happen with Google.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I definitely miss HTC. I remember wanting to try out the M8 and then the U11. I was actually really close to buying it. I wish I had. I think HTC had a lot to offer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463