HTC U12+ Volume changing on it's own (and left menu bar offset oddity)

nemesis_84

Feb 17, 2020
Visit site
Update as can't reply to own thread seemingly: To confirm this occurs on all releases, factory stock 8.0 as received back from HTC and also post update to 9.0 with all security patcehs etc. :(

Hi all

Currently having a mare with HTC who after my phone bricked completely and was repaired via a new motherboard HTC inadvertently introduced a new fault in that when untouched (or touched but elsewhere than vol button) either screen on or off - intermittently and seemingly randomly the volume changes, normally it whacks up to full. It has been back with HTC twice now and for over a month of "testing" across the two trips and they just send it back saying no fault found. It's ridiculous.

HAs anyone else encountered this? It's definately not my apps or anythign as it did it within a minute of turning it on from coming back from HTC today before I'd even entered my email address to sign in to start restoring etc.

Also - and possibly related but possibly not - if you have the bottom menu bar on screen (with home tabs back etc) and pan it left to get to the screen record/options buttons instead - do you all get the settings button triggering on the right hand side if you press into the empty space far left (i.e. left of the screen capture tool) - similar happens on the normal menu bar (5 butotn version,) so left of the minimise button actually triggers the back button.... does anyone else's do this?

Thanks!

Last edited:

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
If they replaced the mother board did they also upgrade it to the latest OS with all of the patches and everything or did they just ship it back to you factory stock? I believe this was the model that I remember having issues with the random volume issue. Not all of the units had this but, and again this is if memory serves me correct, there was a patch or upgrade that fixed this for most users.

Here is part of the conversation, I think the thread has mostly been archived so you may not be seeing a lot when you visit. The threads are still accessible but the only way I know to find them is to do a search. Anyway here are the links... https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=946199&p=6553321&viewfull=1#post6553321

https://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-u12-plus/946199-android-pie.html

I'm pretty sure you can find YouTube videos about it also. So check and see if there is an update, and verify, if it doesn't try to update, that your device is on the latest version. I don't have the device anymore so I can't check and tell you what that should be.

nemesis_84

Feb 17, 2020
Visit site
Sadly this occurs on all releases, factory stock 8.0 as received back from HTC and also post update to 9.0 with all security patcehs etc. :(

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Sadly this occurs on all releases, factory stock 8.0 as received back from HTC and also post update to 9.0 with all security patcehs etc. :(
I never had it on 8.0. I did have the phantom touches though. Not thinking you're squeezing but it acts like you are... To combat that I did the setup of the squeeze again and squeezed the heck out of it. It mostly worked. I missed out on 9.0 as I didn't have the device by the time that came out. I think I might have gotten one maybe two patches or updates before I let it go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid