How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

kutayersal

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
too many steps, i'll wait for a while until the easy and one step root link comes out, the same like motorola triumph, it was very easy and simple:)

twelfth

May 21, 2012
Visit site
too many steps, i'll wait for a while until the easy and one step root link comes out, the same like motorola triumph, it was very easy and simple:)

Not gonna happen since you need to unlock the bootloader. The Triumph's bootloader was already unlocked. (They didn't even use a Motorola standard one, IIRC)

The majority of the steps involved are ONLY to unlock the bootloader so you can apply the Superuser patch.

Revenant Ghost

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site

I know how you feel. Rooting a HTC in contrast to rooting a LG Optimus V is like night and day. I found it pretty intimidating at first too. But if you read the steps over and over again, and take it one step at a time, you'll do fine.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

That will most likely not ever happen. The evo 3d has been out for about a year now and this has been the same process for almost that long. If there was going to be a one click root it would have been done by now.

Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G

Last edited:

ryanthurman92

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
This also angers me that I cannot boot a kernel without doing the wire trick.. I am a bit intimidated in doing so, fearing that it may fry my expensive device which I just paid for.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
This also angers me that I cannot boot a kernel without doing the wire trick.. I am a bit intimidated in doing so, fearing that it may fry my expensive device which I just paid for.

Edit 2: well now I'm hearing different things. I know for sure using 4EXT will allow you to flash kernels s-on I'm not entirely sure about twrp at this point. Being that there aren't currently any custom kernels this isn't a big deal right now.

EDIT: ok it's late so I wasn't really thinking. You can install custom kernels fine through twrp. Just make sure you flash the kernel after the rom or it will be overwritten.

Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G

Last edited:

twelfth

May 21, 2012
Visit site
What Does rooting ur phone do for u? Benifiets? Im seriously curious cause I am Clueless...

If you have to ask, then you probably also lack the skill set required to root your phone properly with what is required to unlock the Evo. Don't bother trying.

rat_t

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Do you know if it is possible to activate (put service) with Harmonia? if I'm not mistaken, one could activate a VM760 with Harmonia.
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance