How to Root/ROM Your HTC Evo V 4g with HTCdev and Fastboot

salemblack

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm feeling pretty confident on my first root, but the HTC sync link isn't working, is the new one on the new HTC site compatible.

Link to the site ~ HTC Sync Manager download

I hope somebody knows since I just got the phone and want to root it as well. The guide here is very through and I am confident I can do it but I saw Leonel Ramirez ask about this so I figure I will wait till somebody says something. I dont want to brick or anything.

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Boot into bootloader, it should tell you there, if you are stock its 1.57 for virgin

Have you rooted, or s off ..... Recovery installed......flash something wrong

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums

JC226

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Boot into bootloader, it should tell you there, if you are stock its 1.57 for virgin

Have you rooted, or s off ..... Recovery installed......flash something wrong

I've tried to root it, also flashing a recovery but anything worked

***Unlocked***
Kingdom PVT Ship S-On
HBoot-1.26.0000
Radio-1.11.00.1228
eMMC-boot
Dec 25 2011,17:52:28

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I've tried to root it, also flashing a recovery but anything worked

***Unlocked***
Kingdom PVT Ship S-On
HBoot-1.26.0000
Radio-1.11.00.1228
eMMC-boot
Dec 25 2011,17:52:28

What kind of phone do you have?

If its an HTC EVO v 4g ......not an EVO design

You have flashed the incorrect ruu

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

JC226

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
What kind of phone do you have?

If its an HTC EVO v 4g ......not an EVO design

You have flashed the incorrect ruu

I have an HTC Evo Design 4G, and how can I flash the correct ruu ? ... BTW can someone give a page where I can download the ruu for my phone ?

Last edited:

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
You posted in the wrong forum... We allhave EVO v or 3d......design is different

jbird2383

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I unlocked my bootloader and have been looking threw my options into the next step. The Root-Android.org guide suggests the Clockwork touch 5.8.7.2 to flash your rom. You suggest Super User. Is there a way to root the phone without flashing?? If not what works best? Could I just skip the flash rom part put super user on it and see if its rooted then? I get it now TWRP is a recovery to default and u use that as a backup option and super user is the code you use to root the kernel?? I definatly wanna do this and get this done just wanna know whats the best I like your guide alot very fine detailed. I am looking at the root-android.org guide and this guide
How to Root the HTC EVO V 4G (Virgin) - TheUnlockr. <--- pretty similar to yours.

Last edited:

twelfth

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I Is there a way to root the phone without flashing?? If not what works best? Could I just skip the flash rom part put super user on it and see if its rooted then?

No. The instructions tell you to do it that way for a reason. Follow the directions exactly for your model or don't bother.

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Just was only curious the difference between the twrp and clockwork touch 5.8.2.7 and what works best

Actually the preferred recovery for most is 4ext ..... Find it on xda developers in evo 3d section

freakonomics

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I followed all the steps and I got rooted successfully so big Thanks!! Now I have one more issue I need help. How the heck do I turn of the camera shutter sound? There is no option to do that and silent does not work (I tried too many times and passing the sound to the headphone is not a convenient solution).

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma