Simplified How-To Root your EVO (No ROM directions)

Tony Ebersole

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
205174_4658877704912_2054070384_n.jpg

okay guys this is prob a stupid question but when i try to load the recovery.img i get this error message ^

"c:\sdk-tools>fastboot boot recovery.img
creating boot image...
creating boot image - 4096 bytes
downloading 'boot.img'... OKAY [ 0.153s ]
booting... FAILED <remote: reproduce image with on-flash ramdisk error>
finished. total time: 0.168s

idk whats going on bros, everything has run smoothly untill now!

Brian706

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/205174_4658877704912_2054070384_n.jpg

okay guys this is prob a stupid question but when i try to load the recovery.img i get this error message ^

"c:\sdk-tools>fastboot boot recovery.img
creating boot image...
creating boot image - 4096 bytes
downloading 'boot.img'... OKAY [ 0.153s ]
booting... FAILED <remote: reproduce image with on-flash ramdisk error>
finished. total time: 0.168s

idk whats going on bros, everything has run smoothly untill now!

I might be wrong here but I thought the command you are trying to execute is actually fastboot boot recovery recovery.img

If I'm wrong it won't hurt anything. Give that a try and if that doesn't work we can troubleshoot further!

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using Tapatalk 2

Tony Ebersole

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
yeah i entered that command first and got a similar error message, so i hoped i could just skip and all would be well but it was not so

here is a screen shot of the process

222390_4659106830640_1122464926_n.jpg

Brian706

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to get so basic but is your recovery image actually named "recovery.img" and you have it placed in the sdk-tools folder?

Have you unlocked the bootloader?

Brian706

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Use the fastboot flash recovery recovery.img command. When you type fastboot boot it looks like it's a different command trying to do something with the boot.img
There is a boot recovery command and it's fastboot boot recovery recovery.img
You can see on the command prompt where you type fastboot boot recovery.img it is attempting to do something with your boot.img and failing. Probably because the name recovery.img is incorrect for your boot img

Try downloading your recovery.img again. It looks like your download might have been corrupted. See how it says writing recovery.img 0 kb? Complete. My recovery is almost 7mb...

Last edited:

ssiebor14

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Ill fund a way this is basically the same as rooting the HTC desire. I have drivers installed on my friends computer and I rooted his phone without sdk and command prompt

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums

twelfth

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Ill fund a way this is basically the same as rooting the HTC desire. I have drivers installed on my friends computer and I rooted his phone without sdk and command prompt

Save yourself the trouble and listen to the people who actually know what they're talking about.

YOU CANNOT UNLOCK AND ROOT THIS PHONE WITHOUT A COMPUTER. PERIOD.

You *HAVE* to get the device token. That requires command prompt. That's just ONE of many steps that you'd need the computer for.

ssiebor14

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Well I can get it. Its in the root pages for this phone. I've rooted HTC phones before and they weren't hard to do. I just need to wait till my friend gets back from his truck driving job and then ill use his computer.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Android Central Forums

Michael Brolich

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I've got a different problem. Trying to root at this point. I get a Status 2 error.

Updating partition details...
Installing '/sdcard/Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip
Checking for MD5 file...
E:Error in /sdcard/Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip
(Status 2)
Error flasing zip /sdcard/Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip
Updating partition details

I have a htc evo 3d Unlocked bootloader. HBOOT-1.53.0007. I've followed the instructions up to this point and now am stuck. Any suggestions please?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie