Major Root Info for YOU!

youngSWi

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Okay so after briefly checking in on these forums I see people are having problems finding info on this phone.

Here's the rundown:
First you need to do a few things...
-Unlock the bootloader
-Root the phone
-Install a custom recovery
-Get S-off
-Downgrade your hboot

After doing these things you can now install custom roms and kernals (including most sprint evo 3d roms). You can flash a new radio for better reception and no more error). You can flash a new prl and pri to help even more. You can apply the 4g hack and 3g tweak.

Then depending on what kernal/Rom you can overclock the CPU and gpu, have USB otg(ps3 controller and such), and free access to WiFi tether.

There are many roms and options for this phone including cm9, cm10, sense 4.1, and muii.

I am currently on midnight Rom, anthrax kernal @ 1.6ghz, and have a working google now, YouTube hd, and v6 supercharger. Plus a new radio/prl/pri. 4g/3g hacks. Phone is amazing and great fun. Watching 3d videos on YouTube over 3g is great!

All info on these things can be found over at xda or android forums. Have fun!

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

twelfth

May 21, 2012
Visit site
He's (or she) trying to help. Don't be a Dick.

No. That post is precisely how one doesn't try to help. It did nothing.

There were no links to any single threads (or to the main forum sites themselves) in the post.

Everything mentioned in his/her post is plainly documented and easy to find on here.

Crap like this is usually someone who thinks they have something worthwhile to say and must say it without actually making any effort to actually see if it needs to be said... or someone trying to inflate their postcount for some reason like selling stuff in the Marketplace on the forums. There was absolutely nothing contributory in the OP.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't see any problems with the post, the title may be a little misleading but I don't see how he did anything wrong.

It's not like it's off topic.

Sent from my HTC Evo V 4G

youngSWi

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
This is meant as general info on this phone to help with general noobie questions, and as for links, like you said they are easy enough to find. I was just pointing the right direction.

This forum is not very active, so I was just trying to help.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

twelfth

May 21, 2012
Visit site
This is meant as general info on this phone to help with general noobie questions, and as for links, like you said they are easy enough to find. I was just pointing the right direction.

This forum is not very active, so I was just trying to help.

General info that answers nothing, without links to more detailed information or threads that explain and actually help the user...

Is a roadsign with no arrows.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci