Just picked mine up!

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Love the device, very slick and love the feel of the device in your hands. if you can't make up your mind between vivid atrix 2 or skyrocket, get the vivid, very solid device!:)

galfert

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I'll probably get it too but I'm not feeling all warm and fuzzy about it because of the glossy plastic that shows fingerprints in comparison to my Inspire.

jassa1972

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine a few hours ago. I like the feel and look of it. I do have one concern and it was the same concern that kept me from the getting the HTC Inspire. The volume of the ringer. I had the volume all the way up and the ringer was only have as loud as the my old Droid Incredible. Has anyone else notice this?

galfert

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I have no problems with my ringer volume on my Inspire. If you want to really hear the ringer better then choose a ringer sound that has more high frequencies and you'll hear it better.

cporier91

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Device feels great! love it, my one concern i have is that i don't get text messages right away or phone calls, could be att but its kinda worrying me that is happening!

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Picked mine up last night. The skyrocket has a bigger screen but the color here is great. Picked up a case n screen protector for it. The screen protector doesn't seem to take away from the color which great.

Sent from my HTC Vivid

ocanyc

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I actually like the slimmer design than the skyrocket. Just played with both and left with the vivid.
Benchmarks, smenchmarks lol

froesei

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Better than the htc inspire. Not alot but definitely feels a bit more quality.
Thanks. That's a little disappointing - was hoping for something more along the lines of the EVO 3D power button. Well, hopefully it holds up over time.

Is it difficult to do one-handed?

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. That's a little disappointing - was hoping for something more along the lines of the EVO 3D power button. Well, hopefully it holds up over time.

Is it difficult to do one-handed?

Not for me but then again I have big hands.

Sent from my HTC Vivid

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The power button is fine, It feels just about right. I have no problem with it. The funny part is it was 99 dollars at my bestbuy in Nor Cal. I was surprised. The phone is solid and I got the leather case from the ATT store and I was sold on that case, perfect fit, Only thing I hate about the case is that I have to press on the power button harder now. I still love the feel of the case.

The radio on this seems much better than the GS2 (original), I get around 3mb at my house where the GS2 would never even hit 2, may be once in a while. I am not in an LTE area but the radio seems to be much faster than the GS2 (original) on this phone, I hit 4-5mb in the city where the GS2, just as I was typing this, I hit 5mb at my house, lol.

I can live with that until LTE gets here.

I did have to sign up for an LTE smartphone unlimited package, which is capped at

10238976 MB which equals 9999GB lol.

It will say that amount when you click on recent usage and it will show you that limit.

Last edited:

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The power button is fine, It feels just about right. I have no problem with it. The funny part is it was 99 dollars at my bestbuy in Nor Cal. I was surprised. The phone is solid and I got the leather case from the ATT store and I was sold on that case, perfect fit, Only thing I hate about the case is that I have to press on the power button harder now. I still love the feel of the case.
That
The radio on this seems much better than the GS2 (original), I get around 3mb at my house where the GS2 would never even hit 2, may be once in a while. I am not in an LTE area but the radio seems to be much faster than the GS2 (original) on this phone, I hit 4-5mb in the city where the GS2, just as I was typing this, I hit 5mb at my house, lol.

I can live with that until LTE gets here.

I did have to sign up for an LTE smartphone unlimited package, which is capped at

10238976 MB which equals 9999GB lol.

It will say that amount when you click on recent usage and it will show you that limit.

Is that the grandfather program for LTE for those of us who had their old "unlimited" plan?

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Is that the grandfather program for LTE for those of us who had their old "unlimited" plan?

Yup, it says LTE smartphone unlimited plan. I signed up for the one for unlimited plus 200 text messages for 35. At best buy it didn't give her the option for the text message plan only the unlimited, but when I came home the plan was under my account and I switched immidieatly to that one.

You can probably use the old plan but when they activate the IMEI number for the phone on your account the unlimited LTE option pops up and replaces the old smartphone unlimited.

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yup, it says LTE smartphone unlimited plan. I signed up for the one for unlimited plus 200 text messages for 35. At best buy it didn't give her the option for the text message plan only the unlimited, but when I came home the plan was under my account and I switched immidieatly to that one.

You can probably use the old plan but when they activate the IMEI number for the phone on your account the unlimited LTE option pops up and replaces the old smartphone unlimited.

I saw those when I did a trial pricing. The one I'll probably go with is the $30 no-messaging plan, since we have the unlimited messaging in our family plan. That would match the plan I currently have with my BlackBerry.