ATT Bloatware

Kalebb2010

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I heard on an unboxing video that some pre-installed bloatware/apps are able to be uninstalled finally. Is this true? Wasn't allowed to on a non rooted Inspire.

becandl

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Yes I believe you can uninstall all the bloatware that you choose on the Vivid and most new Android phones that are being released

galfert

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm an HTC Vivid owner. I'm able to uninstall every AT&T bloatware app except for AT&T Navigator. I didn't try and remove Visual Voicmail because I actually like it.

Pauley

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm an HTC Vivid owner. I'm able to uninstall every AT&T bloatware app except for AT&T Navigator. I didn't try and remove Visual Voicmail because I actually like it.

How did you uninstall the bloatware? I can't uninstall anything other then Qik Lite and MOG Music. City ID is some BS 10 day trial that you can't uninstall either. Most of this crap I won't use, thank goodness for all the memory space. All I can do with the other bloatware is just uninstall the updates.

harle83

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've trried to remove most of the bloat but it doesn't give me the opinion in manage apps in the the settings menu. There's been a few AT&T apps that went away but most of them have no opinion to uninstall. Sad that they do this. :'(

galfert

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Here is a quick detailed rundown of the uninstall options:

Apps that CAN be Uninstalled:
AT&T Code Scanner
AT&T Family Map
Live TV
MOG Music
myAT&T
NFS Shift
Qik Lite

Apps that can CAN NOT be Uninstalled:
AT&T Hot Spots
AT&T Navigator
City ID
Facebook Not AT&T bloat as HTC put it there
Flickr: Not AT&T bloat as HTC put it there
Polaris Office: Not AT&T boat as HTC put it there
Twitter: Not AT&T bloat as HTC put it there
Visual Voicemail

Reactions: ZeroRilix

Pauley

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I've had to uninstall updates first to get the option to delete some of this bloatware.

Here is a quick detailed rundown of the uninstall options:

Apps that CAN be Uninstalled:
AT&T Code Scanner
AT&T Family Map
Live TV
MOG Music
myAT&T
NFS Shift
Qik Lite

Apps that can CAN NOT be Uninstalled:
AT&T Hot Spots
AT&T Navigator
City ID
Facebook Not AT&T bloat as HTC put it there
Flickr: Not AT&T bloat as HTC put it there
Polaris Office: Not AT&T boat as HTC put it there
Twitter: Not AT&T bloat as HTC put it there
Visual Voicemail

Last edited:

Pauley

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Well I was able to uninstall the ones galfert listed, however the problem is that they really aren't deleted, just removed from the app drawer. I get a daily Android Market notification that I have apps to update, and it's the bloatware apps that I've "uninstalled." So until we can root, the bloatware isn't going anywhere.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey