Accessorizing Your Vivid - What Do You Intend To Get For It?TT

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Now that the Vivid is out and some of us have them, the question now occurs: How will we accessorize it? What kind of cases are we interested in? External speakers? Headsets (Bluetooth or otherwise)? Car Docks? Media Docks? Charging Docks? The list goes on and on? What tickles our fancies here? For my part, given its utilitarian exterior, putting it in a serious case won't upset me at all. Given my profession (aircraft maintenance), I see it living in a Seidio Convert or equivalent at its earliest opportunity. A car dock that can handle that case and still permit charging would come next, along with a decent set of external speakers. I welcome all ideas, recommendations and alternatives.

EnigmaticPsychotic

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Accessorizing Your Vivid - What Do You Intend To Get For It?T

Some drapes. Maybe a couple throw pillows. A nice rug, nothing fancy something basic maybe Pier 1. Don't wanna be too pretentious.

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site

Just got mine about two hours ago and I love it. I got a case with a grip on sides and leathery feel in back. Also screen protectorthat has circles that go over hone buttons.

Gun Bunny

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

My wife's (white) is going in a speck candyshell (white/gray), mine (black) in an otterbox commuter (black/gray).

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Some drapes. Maybe a couple throw pillows. A nice rug, nothing fancy something basic maybe Pier 1. Don't wanna be too pretentious.
I was thinking more along the lines of the deck, the swimming pool, the shed out back and the gas grill. LOL!:p

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I Got this. I went to the store and when I tried this case on, It just was so solid in hand I just bought it right away. Love at first sight, damn it.

I just have to press the power button a little harder now, other than that the case just is hands down the best case I have tried for any phone. Go to the ATT store and try it first before you purchase it.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/accessory-details/index.jsp?q_sku=sku5390290&q_categoryid=cat1370025#fbid=Z5O_9Zi8ELa

Last edited:
Reactions: Thunder God

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I Got this. I went to the store and when I tried this case on, It just was so solid in hand I just bought it right away. Love at first sight, damn it.

I just have to press the power button a little harder now, other than that the case just is hands down the best case I have tried for any phone. Go to the ATT store and try it first before you purchase it.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-ph...0290&q_categoryid=cat1370025#fbid=Z5O_9Zi8ELa

That's the same case I got and I love the side edges giving it a better grip.

Sent from my HTC Vivid

Reactions: Iamdunne

deepsunn

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

Ordered an Otterbox Defender for it from AT&T's website. It has been the only place I've been able to find it so far!

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Otterbox lists it as "coming soon" on their website. The question for me is whether it comes with the holster and whether the holster will allow face-in carry to protect the screen. If not, I wait for the Seidio Convert.

deepsunn

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

Otterbox lists it as "coming soon" on their website. The question for me is whether it comes with the holster and whether the holster will allow face-in carry to protect the screen. If not, I wait for the Seidio Convert.

Yeah, I saw that. I went directly to Best Buy after I got the phone because the AT&T store only had the Commuter case, which I'm not a big fan of 'cause I'd like a holster too, for work. Best Buy had no clue when they might be getting them in, so I Googled it when I got back home, and AT&T was the only place selling them.. I'm sure the holster will let you carry it face-in, because all the Defender cases I've ever seen allow it.

Reactions: knighthawk321

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, I saw that. I went directly to Best Buy after I got the phone because the AT&T store only had the Commuter case, which I'm not a big fan of 'cause I'd like a holster too, for work. Best Buy had no clue when they might be getting them in, so I Googled it when I got back home, and AT&T was the only place selling them.. I'm sure the holster will let you carry it face-in, because all the Defender cases I've ever seen allow it.
That's good news! I work in aviation maintenance, often at heights, so having a serious case is a must when carrying a phone like this. Thank you much. Let me know your opinion when you get it and put it in service.

deepsunn

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

That's good news! I work in aviation maintenance, often at heights, so having a serious case is a must when carrying a phone like this. Thank you much. Let me know your opinion when you get it and put it in service.

Well, after waiting over 48 hours for a shipping notification, I called AT&T to ask them when they expected to ship the thing. The lady on the phone said, "oh, it looks like that case is on back order...", and at that point all I could say was "Huh, interesting... Well, it would have been nice to have somehow been informed of that before I went through with the order, or at least shortly after.." She could give no estimate of when it might actually ship. My local Best Buy is just as in the dark, as is Otterbox themselves, it seems. After calling Otterbox they also told me they couldn't give a date as to when the case would roll out...

Sorry to disappoint--trust me, I was quite the unhappy camper. I just ended up going with the Commuter series case for now and a generic screen protector.. hopefully that will be enough to get me through until the Defender comes. In fact, I like the Commuter enough to keep, as I've always ended up with a couple of different cases for each smartphone I've had.

imasculator

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

Got the Speck White case and the Moshi iVisor AG screen protector. Stay away from the screen protector. Even though fingerprints are less it takes away the beauty of the Vivid's screen. Anyone out there know of a good clear screen protector?

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, after waiting over 48 hours for a shipping notification, I called AT&T to ask them when they expected to ship the thing. The lady on the phone said, "oh, it looks like that case is on back order...", and at that point all I could say was "Huh, interesting... Well, it would have been nice to have somehow been informed of that before I went through with the order, or at least shortly after.." She could give no estimate of when it might actually ship. My local Best Buy is just as in the dark, as is Otterbox themselves, it seems. After calling Otterbox they also told me they couldn't give a date as to when the case would roll out...

Sorry to disappoint--trust me, I was quite the unhappy camper. I just ended up going with the Commuter series case for now and a generic screen protector.. hopefully that will be enough to get me through until the Defender comes. In fact, I like the Commuter enough to keep, as I've always ended up with a couple of different cases for each smartphone I've had.

I went to Otterbox, too, right after your first post, and checked them out. I signed up for email alert for when the cases come in. I got the alert yesterday that Otterbox has them. Hope that helps.

deepsunn

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

Yep! I ordered mine yesterday, and got the shipping notification today. I'm going to keep the Commuter case as well, just for some variety.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams