random restarts?

xsive

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
how do you turn off fast boot? anyone know? my phone is shutting down very frequently.

Settings -> Power -> fastboot.

I just turned it off on my vivid after the third random reboot since I bought it a week and a half ago, hope it fixes the issue!

mrn2itiv

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been having the same issues - pretty much daily. Disabling fast boot didn't help on mine. Yesterday evening I stopped by the local AT&T Service Center (which is by my office). The tech basically ended up swapping out my battery and doing a factory reset on the phone. She said there had been a lot of issues with phones running Advanced Task Killer. I humored her. Just to further humor the situation, after leaving there, I left the phone COMPLETELY stock. Didn't install a single app. Only thing I did was sync my gmail account to get my contacts. Anyway, approximately 16 hours later, after spending 12.5 hours on the charger (as recommended per the new battery I received), it did it again. *sigh*

mrn2itiv

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Service center replaced my phone. Nothing was backed up (on purpose). Started with a fresh phone. Only thing I did was log into my gmail account so I could have my contacts. 2 hours later, crash. :confused:

rcalderaro

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I've had my phone for just over a month, and last week the restarts started happening when I push the power button to turn the phone on. I came over from a Blackberry Torch, and I'm not happy to be having this problem so soon. Plus when the phone restarts, it resets all my sounds to default, and I have to put them back. It looks like replacing the phone won't fix the problem either.:( I really wish they'd fix this problem.

mrn2itiv

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
It's been just under a month since I got my Vivid and posted here the same issues you guys were experiencing. Want to know the true *fix* ?

To put it bluntly, the factory ROM image is jacked up. Plain and simple. Over the past couple weeks I've become involved with a group who builds custom ROMs for the Vivid. The results have been phenomenal, and the benefits plentiful. Since rooting my phone and switching to a third party ROM:

1) The reboots have stopped. Completely.
2) The phone is faster and more responsive.
3) There's no more Carrier IQ tracking software on my phone. Google it.
4) The bloatware apps installed by AT&T are gone.
5) More.. much more.

If you feel like learning something and actually seeing this device perform the way it should, I urge you to check it out. The ROM I'm using is the Illuminati 3.5 ROM by Wild Child on xda-developers. Go to google and search for xda-developers Illuminati. Should be the top link. The whole process of rooting your phone may seem scary and dangerous, but honestly it isn't that bad - especially once you read a bit and understand how it all works. It doesn't require a rocket surgeon ;)

This isn't an advertisement of any form or fashion, just posting my experiences and resolution.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85