htc raider calendar questions

esuser1

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi, i am quite new to the android operating system, so bear with me if i ask any obvious questions. I am coming from a blackberry bold 9900, and have some questions.

1. In the android calendar on the HTC raider, i have the option to snooze the event, but after i do it does not remind me after a certain period of time like the blackberry. How do i get it to play a reminder after ive snoozed it?

2. the facebook application tracks notification i get within the app, however it does not alert me outside the app. Is there a way to get the phone to alert me of a facebook notification when im not in the app?

3. what would be the best way to set up push mail for all my email accounts on android?

4. this is a minor issue i have here and is more of an annoyance to me, but in the gallery app it lists all my pictures from oldest to newest, so if i want to view a picture i recently took id have to scroll to the bottom of the gallery app. is there a way to sort the pics so the newest ones are at the top?

Thanks in advance to everyone that offers advice:)

Vetdoctor

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
As the iPhone people say, " there's an app for that" get calendar snooze for you're calendar reminds. You can party for as free if you like it, I do.

Gallery, you're right, stinks. I had highly recommended app but must have not loved it as I dealers it and don't remember the name.

Facebook? I've been on G+ and barely check Facebook but I'm sure there's a competitors app that sites that too.

Push mail? Again I use Google and out just shows up in the box.

Time for an icon :cool:

Drayk

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi, i am quite new to the android operating system, so bear with me if i ask any obvious questions. I am coming from a blackberry bold 9900, and have some questions.

1. In the android calendar on the HTC raider, i have the option to snooze the event, but after i do it does not remind me after a certain period of time like the blackberry. How do i get it to play a reminder after ive snoozed it?

2. the facebook application tracks notification i get within the app, however it does not alert me outside the app. Is there a way to get the phone to alert me of a facebook notification when im not in the app?

3. what would be the best way to set up push mail for all my email accounts on android?

4. this is a minor issue i have here and is more of an annoyance to me, but in the gallery app it lists all my pictures from oldest to newest, so if i want to view a picture i recently took id have to scroll to the bottom of the gallery app. is there a way to sort the pics so the newest ones are at the top?

Thanks in advance to everyone that offers advice:)

Sorry man....I've got nothing for ya...I wanna add to the questions.
In addition to the questions above, how phone # in a calendar event? Any address will get mapped, but you have no way to call a # in a calendar event. You can't even copy the # n paste it into the phone app to call...whats up with that????

Vetdoctor

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Sorry man....I've got nothing for ya...I wanna add to the questions.
In addition to the questions above, how phone # in a calendar event? Any address will get mapped, but you have no way to call a # in a calendar event. You can't even copy the # n paste it into the phone app to call...whats up with that????

Ok, this isn't the most elegant way but: tap the phone number to call back and select the "edit before call " then long press the phone number and from the drop down choose, "select all" then long press again and copy. Now you can paste in the calendar

No problem.