Vivid cases

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I strongly recommend the Seidio Active case. It has protected my Vivid from several drops of the kind that killed my first one. You can get it direct from Seidio or from Amazon. I suggest getting the combo deal with the holster, which is excellent.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I strongly recommend the Seidio Active case. It has protected my Vivid from several drops of the kind that killed my first one. You can get it direct from Seidio or from Amazon. I suggest getting the combo deal with the holster, which is excellent.

Thanks. I'll definitely check into it.:D

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

O.K. I've checked into the Seidio Active case, and i've got a couple of questions. Can the phone be charged while it's sitting in the kickstand mode? Just how secure is the belt clip holster? I have a rubber bumper on my iPhone4, and the whole thing fits comfortably into an old BB9000 belt clip holster. That's kind of what i'm looking for. Thanks for your feedback.:D

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Charging in kickstand mode is difficult but not impossible. I try to get the phone slightly elevated on an edge of a surface, like the edge of a laptop I'm charging off of. The holster is extremely secure. Once locked in, it will not pull out unless the latch is intentionally released. I think I've had one pop out since I got it and that was my fault, not having the latch completely caught. You can pull Hard on the phone, once latched in, and it won't come out. The only case I would replace it with is if Seidio came out with the Convert model for the Vivid.

PBCliberal

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Vivid cases - Otter Box

Otter Box makes a couple of cases for the Vivid. I have the heavier duty one, that is very much like the Seidio except that it has no kickstand. The Otter Box exoskeleton covers more of the phone than the Seidio, but that makes it more difficult to get in and out.

It does protect the phone very well. I've dropped it several times with no adverse results. Because it is not easy to remove and replace the phone, instead of alternate batteries for the power-hungry Vivid, I have an external battery fast charger so that I don't need to disassemble the case to go to a backup battery.

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Vivid cases - Otter Box

The Otterbox Defender is a very good case. I almost went with it, but I didn't like the holster as much as the Seidio. The Otterbox holster clip is one piece with the rest of the holster and depends on the inherent springiness of the plastic for its grip strength. This also lessens the working life of the holster. The Seidio holster uses a separate clip which is pinned to the holster body with a metal pin and spring to maintain grip strength. The belt clip uses the same method for increased strength. The cases are about even in protection and quality. It was the holster that decided my choice. If you don't use a holster, either case will do the job quite effectively. If you go with the Otterbox, get the Defender. With Seidio, go with the Active at minimum. When the Convert comes out for the Vivid, definitely go with that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae