ICS updated, no hack nor rom

Old Jim

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I entered that dialer code and it called one of the local Sears store. I tried it several times and double checked the code and got the same result each time. It called Sears every time :(

micheal0484

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I just got mine to work. I was connected to wireless and plugged in to the charger. Dialed *#*#682#*#* and when you hit the last star the dialer will reset and the download will start in a few seconds giving you a notification at the top. The downlaod is 312mb

x9x9x9x9x9

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I just got my friends to work.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*******TIP********
IT DOES NEED TO BE PLUGGED INTO THE CHARGER AND CONNECTED TO WIFI!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sushi

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Just tried with Wifi on and off. On power and off power. And even rebooted. Dialer doesn't seem to work.

JayDL

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
I tried at 3:00 PM PST from Seattle. The dial code is no longer is working. I would not do the upgrade if it didn't add the Beats Audio. From an aesthetic point of view, the present OS with the black curved bar on the bottom of the Vivids screen where you access your apps, phone, and personalize it, presently look way classier and modern/retro than how the upgrade changes where these functions are accessed. Everything has become so boringly linear... as it also is at Apple. Not only is the sexy curve gone but so is the personalize icon :( You got that one wrong Googlies... it is something that a lot of us do access quite a lot. For me personally it is phone, mail, and personalize. It was exactly where ones intuition would lead many of us to. Maybe the HTC 4.0 Sense will bring back the curve? I only hope so. What do you guys and gals think? I am going to really miss my curve and what it accessed. :( She sure looked beautiful as I touched her 3 special buttons daily. How are boring straight lines going to get me excited Google? Please, please fix this HTC.

I am glad I wasn't able to update yet. I might not really need or want to. I am used to and love what I have now. We will see. I'll find one to play with first as soon as it's in a store .

Pauley

May 18, 2010
Visit site
If you don't know what you're doing STOP! then research other similar posts. You cannot just flash that zip file... if you had read anything, it was to only help out the devs who can create a flashable zip. The only ones who can/should accept the OTA are those who are on stock unrooted gingerbread, anyone else is just looking for trouble. If you are anything but stock/unrooted, wait for a dev to tell you what to do next. ICS isn't going anywhere, slow down before causing irreparable damage to your phone.

For instance:Vivid ics ota update! 3/3/2012 - xda-developers

anon(400316)

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I tried the "*#....."code and nothing happens. Hoe can it work for some and not for others???? I did notice this icon top left of notifications screen, but doesn't do anything when I click on it.

rcalderaro

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Damn I missed this and really want to upgrade to ICS. My phone is stock and unrooted Gingerbread. I came over from Blackberry so am still a little nervous about how to update my Vivid. :(