tab limit reached?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KurtTX

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
To find your browser, go to Settings, About Phone, Software Information, More to find the browser and version.

I think you can only have 6 tabs open. I tried this on my phone. Once on the Internet, I tapped on the Menu button at the bottom of the screen, the one with the horizontal bars. I selected a website that I had bookmarked. To open up another tab, I click on the Menu button again, but this time select Window...I get a blank page. Then I can select another one of my bookmarked websites. Now I have two tabs and I can go back and forth by swiping left or right. You can continue this process up to 6 windows. To close any of the windows, use the X in the upper right corner of the tabbed window.

HTH...Kurt

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
WildChild made the stock browser better, but its all the same, here are screenshots.

Step 1:uploadfromtaptalk1361238297649.jpg

Step 2: uploadfromtaptalk1361238323934.jpg

Step 3: Profit!

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
It's been a while since I've been stock, but yeah, the stock browser can only have 6 windows open, whereas WCX's can have more, although I'm not sure how much more...

Robert B Jones

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
when i try to open the internet or u-tube, i keep getting a message saying that i must close a tab before opening another one , how do i do this

how do close a tab to enable me to open an other one

Last edited by a moderator:

KurtTX

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Go to the Internet. Tap the button with the 4 lines on it...I forget what it's called. Tap the Windows feature. You should see one or more webpages displayed with a small "X" at the top right. Tap the X to close the window. Close any other windows in the manner. If you want to move back and forth between windows, you swipe the screen left of right.

Kurt

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Gregory Etheridge

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
OK, I've got the answer!!! I've had this problem for quite some time but i just lucked out on finding out how to close them easily (at least for my Motorola Razor Android phone, version 4.1.2 software). Go to a web page. Now swipe DOWN and you will see the "hidden" tab being exposed on the upper right. Yes THOSE tabs!! :-! Swipe them to the left to close them. I had about 5 I had to close that had nothing in them. Hope this works for you too.:D

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
OK, I've got the answer!!! I've had this problem for quite some time but i just lucked out on finding out how to close them easily (at least for my Motorola Razor Android phone, version 4.1.2 software). Go to a web page. Now swipe DOWN and you will see the "hidden" tab being exposed on the upper right. Yes THOSE tabs!! :-! Swipe them to the left to close them. I had about 5 I had to close that had nothing in them. Hope this works for you too.:D

It's different for HTC, sir. KurtTX and I have provided the information on how to do this and some people refuse to read a thread before they post.

No offense to you, the Motorola Razr forums would love to hear this, but the HTC Vivid stock does not have JellyBean nor will it receive it.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power