Is it possible to restore my phone from a previous sync?

longhairedchild

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I apologize if this has been answered previously, I searched the forum and couldn't find what I was looking for.

I have had the HTC Vivid for about a month after being an iPhone user for over two years. I was adding additional email accounts to my email app (pre-installed mail app) and somehow deleted all of my contacts. I am the smartest human ever, so none of these contacts are located anywhere else. I purged my iPhone when I got the Vivid, including all contacts.

I have done one sync using the HTC sync program. Can I use that sync to restore my contacts? Does the sync keep record of the state of my phone at that date and time for me to restore to? I hope this makes sense, I am not proficient with Android at all.

I appreciate any and all help!

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
First off, don't call yourself the smartest when you obviously don't know what you're doing with the HTC Vivid. Secondly, I sound already more "seasoned" then you as I have modified this phone so much. And the answer to your question: you could try, and it should have them if you have been constantly synching your Vivid with the HTC Sync. I just always export my contacts to SD.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
And since you synched only once, it should have your contacts. Good luck.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

TPENA

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
lol...I caught "the smartest man ever"! Funny! Most people nowadays don't write anything down and rely on the sync features. Let me know if it works.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok I never used the htc sync but if you did the google sync setting/ accounts sync find the google sync and look up the contacts and sync it it should give you your whole phone book good luck

CheezheadEd

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I have to question your intelligence if you couldn't figure out that was tongue in cheek. I read his comment and knew right away then I read your response and thought what a knob right away.

Also you answer blew, thank god you don't make a living dealing with real people.

apoc53

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
A hair off topic, but something to watch out for on syncing - if you've got Google sync enabled and Exchange ActiveSync enabled, they will likely conflict with each other. If your contacts' details keep falling off, or reverting to a previous out-of-date state, check to be sure you're using only one or the other. Spent about a month dealing with this - it took a factory reboot for me to realize what was going on. Basically, it seemed like they could tell if the other was backing up, so deferred on the backup and instead restored its old info to the phone.

The other tidbit I learned is that you can set a filter on your contacts list to show only the contacts for whom you have a phone number. So, I let my contacts list show everyone on my Facebook as well as Google sync, then filter down to just those with phone numbers.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

Nate Klein

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I think this may be what happened to me just today. So did the factory reboot return your contacts? I can't even find my contacts on google now. Is it possible to get them back?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae