So I had cracked the screen on my vivid and ordered a new one from amazon to try and replace it. The process went pretty well except one of the flex wires (the one under the screen, beneath the lcd) looks like it got cut somehow. When I put my phone back together the lcd lit up for a couple seconds and vibrated and kept doing that over and over. So, a couple questions. What is the wire under the lcd for? And would that keep my phone from starting up? And if not, what else could it be? If anyone has any input it would be appreciated. Thanks!
    07-29-2012 09:03 PM
    That is a ribon cable for the lcd that's an expensive wire and your warrenty is now void you should of let a ser ice profesional do it and yes that ribon cable is the power and display wires think of it as a mini hdmi or a mini rca vidoe jack with out that ribbon cable your phone wont funtion and the boot loop is from the short from the transister over loading just hope you did t fry it and please tell ne you had an anti static band or using a method of vrounding your self while repairing electronics
    mikencis likes this.
    07-30-2012 03:22 PM
    Its just like putting in a cpu stay grounded or you can fry the mother board 0.0
    07-30-2012 03:23 PM
    Well that's unfortunate. So I'm pretty much screwed. Well, thanks for the help haha. If I take it in what will they do since the warranty is void?
    07-31-2012 12:40 AM
    They weird thing is the lcd actually lit up for a few seconds then went black. IDK.
    07-31-2012 12:40 AM
    You'll have to pay full price, and lemme tell you, not cheap.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    07-31-2012 08:34 PM
    Walmart sells a fairly sturdy go-phone for about $10. It's a bit light on features and doesn't sport a dual core processor, but hey - you can still use it to place calls. Just put your SIM card in instead of activating the SIM that comes with it and you'll carry your voice, text, and data over to it. Oh!, and you would want to cancel your data plan.

On a more serious note, the Vivid was about $700 retail in January. I'm sure it's come down since then, but not as much as I'm sure you'd like. EBay tends to have great deals on electronics, if you're morally secure with purchasing goods likely originally procured with someone's poor old granny's phished credit card number.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums
    08-01-2012 12:38 AM
    At this point I'm considering buying the unlocked Galaxy Nexus. Either that or waiting until later this year when the quad core phones start dropping. Though I'm sure those will cost me a leg. :/
    My poor little Vivid tho I loved that thing.
    08-01-2012 08:25 PM
    Or you could do what I did and purchase a REFURBISHED phone. That's how I got this one: HTC Vivid WCX. Only cost me $450 out of contract. I love it! And, it's always smarter to buy a phone OUTSIDE of a contract because then, in the long run, you save money.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    08-02-2012 04:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD