HTC Vivid wont power on (Just get Hboot screen)

aldin0126

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
First off I have never seen this screen on my phone, and I dont know what to do. My kids were messing with the phone while I was asleep, when I woke up I got this screen

says:
***RELOCKED***
*** Security Warning ***
HOLIDAY PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.85.0025
MICROP-0360
OpenADSP-v02.6.0.2226.00.0202
eMMC-boot
Mar 1 2012, 17:09:49

HBOOT

<VOL UP> to previous item
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
FACORTY RESET
SIMLOCK
IMAGE CRC

That is all I get everytime, I tried using the RUU thing and I get error 171. I have also tried selecting recovery, and factory reset and still I get the same screen. All I want is for my phone to work, nothing else. I have no idea what happen or how it happened. Please if anyone know how to fix this help me, I am not very phone savvy and I am just stuck now.

apoc53

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Go easy on the kids; all is not lost.

This is the bootloader screen... If you hold volume down and power while booting the phone, you'll end up here... I'd say pull the battery, replace it, and power the phone back on; however, I'm not sure what all you can screw up from this screen, so you might want to wait for a second opinion from one wiser than myself before you commit to action.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Ah, error 170. So tell me, what did you do to your phone to cause it to brick this much? And are you GB or ICS? Are you able to go into FASTBOOT, plug in your phone via USB and see the words FASTBOOT USB in white letters with a red background? Answer these questions and I may be able to help.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Don't forget to thank me if I helped you in any way. :)

aldin0126

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
It is error 171, after it goes thru withe the RUU thing, at the end I get error 171. So yes I am able to get to the fastboot, and when i plug it in the usb it says fastboot usb, then I try using the RUU and I get the error. As for GB or ICS, I had no idea what that ment so I looked it up, I belive it was on gingerbread, but im not 100% sure.

Thanks in advance.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
That works too. And did you get the RUU for GingerBread or Ice Cream Sandwich?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
If anything, I'd suggest just unlocking the bootloader again and flash a custom recovery and ROM.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
All right. Go to www.htcdev.com for step by step instructions. NOTE: unlocking your bootloader erases user data (factory reset on your phone, but your SD card and internal memory are safe.)

aldin0126

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Well I went to the website, followed the instructions and now when the phone comes on I just get the HTC white screen and it never moves off that, I've tried holding the power and volume down and i get to the hboot screen again and then I tried the RUU again, and still error 171. How do I flash a custom recovery and ROM.

Thanks for all your help

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey, no problem, this a forum, its what we do. :) All right, I am going to suggest a a ROM that looks like the stock one, but with tweaks. You'll like it I hope. www.wcxxperia-nce.com (Do what it says Make 11 posts and you'll see the links but you gotta make an account.) Do that and download the newest zip file, and let me know when you have and I'll help you from there. By the way, the developers that make this ROM work really hard and I'm impressed with the updates they do. :D

aldin0126

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
the problem is doing 11 post, i dont know what to write and where can i write, they might kick me off before anything lol...but i am trying to get to the downloads, i got the instructions and it doesnt look that complicated.. hope it all works out

thanks again

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
They won't, just introduce yourself and post in the lounge. And other places. :)

aldin0126

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so much. I waited and got 11 posts after that it was all easy. All the people in the forum are so helpful and it was a piece of cake fixing it. I was getting ready to throw the damn phone out of the window, but since you referred me to the forum it was all cool. Again thank you.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Hell yeah! It also feels a lot faster then the old version, and look better as well, thanks.

Well, yeah! Looks stock so you can customize it yourself, and the processor speed is over clocked to 1512 MHz! So yes, very fast! I'm glad I could help you. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret