Almost every time that I send a text message it stays with the message pending symbol, then proceeds to send the same message multiple times to the recipient while still saying the message is pending. I have tried turning the phone off and on but it hasn't done anything. Any suggestions?
    08-05-2012 12:31 AM
    I have the problem too sometimes, I THINK it happens when it switches between LTE and HSPA simultaneously.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums
    08-05-2012 02:30 PM
    I have the same issue and have checked several forums. No one seems to post the answer. Somebody please help.
    08-13-2012 12:47 PM
    Stock ROM issue for one, and Stock Messaging app. If anything, force stopping ON OCCASION helps.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    08-13-2012 09:39 PM
    This was one of the main issues that caused me to return mine, aside from the erratic WiFi and default app settings getting randomly changed randomly and every reboot.

SMS seemed to take a ridiculously long time to send. Sometimes up to a minute before it would actually send the SMS. It had to be the phone, because when I switched to the Ion and then to the Skyrocket the problem went away. Lots of times I'd be in a conversation and people would text me wondering if I had started ignoring them because the texts would take so long to send (and even after being sent, they still take a while to get to the recipient on any phone so you can only imagine the type of lag I was getting).

Doesn't seem to be a workaround for this issue, other than using another ROM on your phone which IMO is a huge hassle. HOpefully they push out an update to fix it for you guys.
    08-24-2012 12:21 AM
    This was one of the main issues that caused me to return mine, aside from the erratic WiFi and default app settings getting randomly changed randomly and every reboot.

SMS seemed to take a ridiculously long time to send. Sometimes up to a minute before it would actually send the SMS. It had to be the phone, because when I switched to the Ion and then to the Skyrocket the problem went away. Lots of times I'd be in a conversation and people would text me wondering if I had started ignoring them because the texts would take so long to send (and even after being sent, they still take a while to get to the recipient on any phone so you can only imagine the type of lag I was getting).

Doesn't seem to be a workaround for this issue, other than using another ROM on your phone which IMO is a huge hassle. HOpefully they push out an update to fix it for you guys.
    The only possible updates this Vivid will get, stock, will be either Sense 4.0 or JellyBean...

08-25-2012 01:46 AM
    Curious...will we get a chance to move to JellyBean? Are there some restrictions as to hardware level, service provider, etc.? When I got my replacement phone, it had GB on it and I was told to updated to ICS. I sort of wondered about JB...

Kurt
    08-25-2012 12:06 PM
    Curious...will we get a chance to move to JellyBean? Are there some restrictions as to hardware level, service provider, etc.? When I got my replacement phone, it had GB on it and I was told to updated to ICS. I sort of wondered about JB...

Kurt
    The HTC Vivid, stock, meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements for Jellybean, it's all up to HTC and Carriers to push out the update OTA. Once it's ready, I'll go back to stock to try it out.

08-25-2012 07:03 PM
    Oh man I'd love me some JB.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums
    08-25-2012 09:35 PM
    I hope we get NFC and Project Bitter as well....

08-25-2012 10:33 PM
    The HTC Vivid, stock, meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements for Jellybean, it's all up to HTC and Carriers to push out the update OTA. Once it's ready, I'll go back to stock to try it out.

The Vivid's specs blow the minimum requirements for JB out of the water. If the Galaxy Nexus can take anything, the Vivid can also take it since the Nexus is a reference phone and the Vivid's specs are almost on par with it (aside from Screen Resolution and Processor brand/type).

Yes, it will be interesting to see what AT&T does with their Late 2011/Early 2012 Flagships. Whether they will update them to JB. I know the ICS updates for pretty much all their devices (not sure about the LG Nitro HD, though) introduced some major (well, depending on who you are they may be ignorable) bugs.
    08-31-2012 09:40 AM
    I hope we get NFC and Project Bitter as well....

The Vivid doesn't have NFC, so how do you expect to get it. Not sure what project Bitter is, but perhaps I'll google that. Sounds interesting.
    08-31-2012 09:45 AM
    The Vivid doesn't have NFC, so how do you expect to get it. Not sure what project Bitter is, but perhaps I'll google that. Sounds interesting.
    Project Butter* sorry, and yeah, look it up. It's amazing!!!
    09-01-2012 04:49 AM
    The solution is to Remove the auto signature feature... I don't know why i only know that it worked in my case try that.
    02-22-2013 09:27 AM
    The solution is to Remove the auto signature feature... I don't know why i only know that it worked in my case try that.
    How did you remove the auto signature feature? this is urgent, i need to be able to text from my phone and at the moment all messages are pending!
    06-17-2013 04:08 PM
    How did you remove the auto signature feature? this is urgent, i need to be able to text from my phone and at the moment all messages are pending!
    Go into Messages. Press Menu. Click Settings. Click General. Uncheck Signature.

Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums
    06-17-2013 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD