Getting a Vivid

redtrucker610

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Well my HTC Inspire broke the other day. The volume control on the side snapped off. Using my insurance I had with AT&T. They said the Vivid was the replacement for my Inspire. Had to pay a $125 deductible and should have the new phone in a couple of days. I liked my Inspire but looking forward towards the new phone. Anyone know how the one compares to the other ?

Minga19

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
My Vivid is MUCH better than my Dad's inspire. The ICS update in my opinion is a huge advantage over the Inspire's Gingerbread although it introduced some bugs

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Well my HTC Inspire broke the other day. The volume control on the side snapped off. Using my insurance I had with AT&T. They said the Vivid was the replacement for my Inspire. Had to pay a $125 deductible and should have the new phone in a couple of days. I liked my Inspire but looking forward towards the new phone. Anyone know how the one compares to the other ?

Audio bugs (after some time, audio will only come from Sense apps only, requires reboot.) Tendency to overheat with stock HTC battery. Battery cover is not as secure as you would figure. The usual AT&T bloatware. Now for the benefits.

Easily moddable, but also easy to soft brick if you're not careful. ICS introduces an easier way to screenshot (Volume Down + Power for a few seconds) (Power + Home button in that order for GingerBread). Beats Audio built-in. 1.2 GHz dual core processor vs the Inspire's 1 GHz Snapdragon single core. 1 GB RAM (Although Sense bloats it up.) Sense 3.6. Face Unlock. Media streaming (hook up your phone to your WiFi, and hook up your laptop to WiFi and run Windows Media Player and allow streaming on the computer and you could stream your music to the laptop.) Access Media servers. 4G LTE (where available). The list goes on and on.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I want a vivid or a one x the one x is so packed full of killer hardware a nice design but the vivid is solid I'm a modder I can't live without the SD card 32 gigs I filled a 16 gig in 4 days (music and roms) anyone want to help me out??? With the deciding factor?? I'm stuck with this phone (inspire) till January 0.0 should I just simply wait till CES to see what 2013 brings to the table?

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Read a silly article somewhere saying you shouldn't buy (fill in the blank) because a new one is coming out in a few months. Well duh! These things don't age well in the marketplace. Works for me and my buying habits though. For me the Vivid was perfect. I was used to Sense and liked it on my Aria. At the time I bought (beginning July) the One X was $200 and the Vivid $50. I liked the removable battery and expandable storage of the Vivid, and while the One X was nicer in some other areas, for me it wasn't $150 nicer. Now that the One X is half the price and, AFAIK, the Vivid is still $50, that's a bit of a different conversation and would be a decision requiring more thought. Really do like my Vivid though. It's a great phone that seems to have been lost in the shuffle.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I can't get any phone without a new contract for that price and I'm not adding a new line mines up in January if I naught it I would have to pay uncontract price doth!!!
INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
The Vivid. My modded baby. 1.5 GHz dual core. Sense 3.6. ICS. Upside down features. Easily moddable. I don't like the ONE X because I need the 4 captive buttons, not 3. And what a horrible combination of 3 captive buttons for that thing. :-/

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Captian4Phones

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I like the design of the One series but they all [HTC phones released in 2012] have one MAJOR flaw. The battery is of the nonremovable variety. I can't stand not being able to take out my battery.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I like the design of the One series but they all [HTC phones released in 2012] have one MAJOR flaw. The battery is of the nonremovable variety. I can't stand not being able to take out my battery.

You're not alone...the Vivid is you then. Excellent power and modifications. And by power, I mean processing power (1.2 GHz stock, up to 1.89 GHz modded), but yeah...battery life is about a 5.6/10. :-\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance