Captian4Phones

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Ive rooted my Vivid using Hanson2000's All-in-One Toolkit. At the time it seemed the quickest most painless way to go about it. Id really like to hear other ways to go about it and maybe a custom "close to stock" kernel. Ive looked through the forums here and found not so much about good ways to root. Id like to hear opinions and experiences and also any advice youd like to share. Thanks guys...Lets have some fun.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
How do you root through a recovery. Any links on that you could share?

Okay, back from my hiatus. And unfortunately, no. Well, other than the SuperUser zip file. But it's quite easy. Boot into recovery, flash zip file, select "SuperUser" zip, then flash and viola! You're done! Just reboot and enjoy.:cool:

KurtTX

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
All this discussion about rooting, etc., is way over my head. But can you explain what "boot into recovery" is and how is that done? About all I can see is turn the phone off and on...how is this other stuff done? Thanks...Kurt

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
All this discussion about rooting, etc., is way over my head. But can you explain what "boot into recovery" is and how is that done? About all I can see is turn the phone off and on...how is this other stuff done? Thanks...Kurt

Booting into recovery: When you boot your phone into a type of "BIOS" per se. With a stock one, you could wipe cache and do a factory reset, which could help your phone when it is bricked or messed up. However, with a custom recovery, you can wipe a lot more, flash a new ROM, flash zips, and do other things.

KurtTX

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
But how? I have one button on the phone...on or off. Where are these files and where do you get them...how do they get on the phone? Do you plug something into the power port? I'm just curious about these process...rooting for dummies, that's me!!

Kurt

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, you are new, but it doesn't matter, everyone starts somewhere. And to boot into the stock recovery, for you, you would shut down the phone, hold down Volume Down and Power and then you'll see something like this: http://static.stuff-review.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/htc-sensation-hboot-0511.jpg

You use the volume buttons to navigate the menu, and you select the RECOVERY option and press the Power button to select the recovery. And yeah, you'll see Green Arrows and then a phone with a Red Exclamation Mark In A Triangle and from there, you'll hold down Volume Up and Power and you'll see the stock recovery. You'll have to flash a custom one in order to say, flash a new ROM, create Nand backups, flash zips, etc. I can help with all this if you like. :)

KurtTX

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, O-A7x...I don't really want to root my phone, but just wanted a better understanding of how you get into it.

Kurt

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, O-A7x...I don't really want to root my phone, but just wanted a better understanding of how you get into it.

Kurt

Hey, fair enough, you don't wanna, you don't wanna. :) But the stock recovery is a great tool to help your phone when it keeps acting up. :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance