Black screen after water damage

mcolett4

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I recently dropped my phone in water for a few seconds, after drying out in rice for a couple days I turned it on and everything worked but the screen was real hard to see.After researching it I decided to buy and install a new lcd screen, install was scary but all went well at least I thought but had the same problem...any ideas?? thanks in advance p.s I noticed that as I charge the phone the screen becomes more visible but when I unplug it in time it fades again:confused:

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Could be where the LCD gets its power from. I mean, if its not a defective replacement.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

mcolett4

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
No I gave up for a while, going to try again soon, the new screen is not defective, and when the phone is fully charged the screen is pretty decent with some minor flickering. I think I might replace the motherboard and see if that works, I already bought a new phone but I'm determined to fix the old one just for knowledge

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, that makes sense, I just hope your repairs are more fruitful than mine was in the past. :) I use my now dead beauty to keep this Vivid alive by using the dead Vivid for research and parts.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Denis Castonguay

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. My daughter dropped her phone in water and the device came very hot. After that, the screen is very weak, with little variations, but it is more visible when it is full charged. I changed the battery thinking it was a problem of power, but it did'ht helped. I was considering the screen was defective, but has I read your message, I would think it's a problem of power supply... Any idea?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36