Successful Repair(s).

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Haha, I have successfully replaced my own HTC Vivid's LED lights! :D I had an old Vivid around (my old one that broke... :'( ) and I noticed that my bottom light on this new Vivid had went out. So, after some thinking and referencing back to the other Vivid I tore down, I swapped LED parts, and voila, it works! Anyone else have a success story with technology repair, any phone or tablet? O
If this is in the wrong forum, feel free to move it accordingly. I made it here because I repaired a Vivid, and wanted to know if anyone else repaired their Vivid or another Android.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

apoc53

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't think this forum has mods - they're very passive if it does, anyway. I've never worked on a phone, but I've torn down a few laptops in my day. Who cares, right? Compared to a smartphone, a laptop is like a desktop.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Not necessarily, laptops have smaller ribbons and are harder to upgrade due to their small form factor.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

BradTheGeek

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I have found that in small devices like smartphones, you have to be very careful of the ribbons... they can tear very easily if you handle them wrong. That said, it can be done, you just have to be patient and pay attention. If you like repairing stuff help me start a site just for phone/tablet repair!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance