Extended battery

Vern441

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
The Q Cell battery is still working great for my phone, I've read a lot of reviews aboot some of the other batteries being junk. I bought this one after reading many of the sellers reviews on ebay.

Sent from my Boost Galaxy SII.

bruce7373

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
The Q Cell battery is still working great for my phone, I've read a lot of reviews aboot some of the other batteries being junk. I bought this one after reading many of the sellers reviews on ebay.

Thanks for the update, Vern. I'll check it out.

Edit: Do you have a link? I've searched on Amazon (not available), and I get no hits with either eBay or Newegg. If it's made by Samsung, it's probably only for Samsung phones.

Last edited:

Vern441

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Q Cell from Amazon, I just used the Ebay reviews to see if the battery worked. It was problematic at first trying to find the correct battery for my phone, but then I came across phone cases that would fit my phone that said Boost Mobile Samsung Galaxy SII SPH - D710BST or Sprint Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4g touch SPH - D710, Boost uses Sprint towers, after that I realized it was the same phone. You might be able to cross reference your model # if another prepaid carrier that uses the same network as yours sells a similar model phone. It did take awhile to find it so do your homework, and don't hold me responsible if you get it wrong. Just trying to help you out.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356413076658.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356413076658.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 35

Vern441

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
No, it is not a Samsung battery, and the battery doesn't come with a case, just a new back door for the phone. Good luck finding an extended battery case, I couldn't find any kind of one for my phone.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what I was thinking when I typed that, I was in the hospital for a while, kinda loopy on some medications. Just...there's bound to be defects since its not an OEM and because well, nothing is perfect. Best thing I think to do is try another one, but I understand your money issue. So look around, see what you can find. Oh, and by the way, I bought mine off of NewEgg from a seller named "bluemall" for $13. Who did you buy it from?

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

bruce7373

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
The same. I emailed them last Friday for an RMA but I haven't heard back. But it's the holidays and all. I'll give them a call tomorrow. If Newegg deals with them, I trust they're reputable.

You seem satisfied with yours. How long have you had it?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I wanna say...about 7, 8 months I think. Great overall for me, that's why I'm disappointed that yours doesn't work.

bruce7373

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Got my RMA today and sent the battery back. I decided to get a replacement rather than a refund based on your positive experience. So, keeping my fingers crossed... ;)

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping you get a great one too, I want you to love the Vivid a bit more. :)

bruce7373

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Just got my replacement battery, so hopefully it will fare better than the first. Same problem with getting the back cover on -- it snaps into place rather than sliding, so I know the first time I try to remove it one of the tabs will snap. Lol.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Just got my replacement battery, so hopefully it will fare better than the first. Same problem with getting the back cover on -- it snaps into place rather than sliding, so I know the first time I try to remove it one of the tabs will snap. Lol.

God speed.

bruce7373

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
So far so good. I've done a couple of full cycle charges as well as some shorter ones, and I'm seeing almost a day and a half with light to moderate use.

One thing I've noticed. The battery charges at pretty much the same rate for a full charge as the stock one (~2 hrs ) -- up to 99%. Then it hangs there for a while till it reaches 100%. Similarly I can use the phone for a while at 100% before it drops. Is this an inability by Android to accurately gauge these extended batteries?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
So far so good. I've done a couple of full cycle charges as well as some shorter ones, and I'm seeing almost a day and a half with light to moderate use.

One thing I've noticed. The battery charges at pretty much the same rate for a full charge as the stock one (~2 hrs ) -- up to 99%. Then it hangs there for a while till it reaches 100%. Similarly I can use the phone for a while at 100% before it drops. Is this an inability by Android to accurately gauge these extended batteries?

Whoa whoa whoa man, don't blame the OS that gives you the amazing features! But anyways, mine does that too. It has partly to do with the battery scripts, the other part has to do with the ROM. Nothing wrong with that, its just that the ROM only has the XXXX mAh of the stock battery inputted. Other than that, discharging is correct.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800