HTC Vivid 4.0.3 root help

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
What are the benefits of an overclocked rom? Wondering if an overclocked one would suit me better.

I just read up on overclocking, and think it could be helpful, as currently when i run a few too many apps she does tend to get a bit slow.

Any other roms that you would recommend, that are just and good and stable but also overclocked? P.S stability btw is paramount. If need be i would sacrafice the overclocking feature.

Stable and overclocked? Hmm... To be honest, WildChild's was perfect for that. 1.7 GHz dual core, compared to the stock speed of 1.2 GHz. However, I can't share my copy, and his website is still closed.

HOLLICS would be the best alternative. Stable, fast, but not overclocked. At least, not without flashing a different kernel that should get you to the same speeds as WCX.

Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums

rompi

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Welcome! Have you picked one yet?

Not yet! I'm just checking how to doit in the first place, because I don't want to damage anything. After all is the first time I'm doit!!!

Posted via Android Central App

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
i will try the borked rom n they maybe something else.

Perfect! Now, just go into your recovery, make a backup of your Stock ROM, do that by going to the recovery, and selecting "backup and restore". And then pick "nandroid backup". Then just wait until it's finished.

rompi

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Perfect! Now, just go into your recovery, make a backup of your Stock ROM, do that by going to the recovery, and selecting "backup and restore". And then pick "nandroid backup". Then just wait until it's finished.

Is that the recovery that is in the hboot screen? I have done a nandroid backup with a App from the play store but I don't know if it make a backup of the Rom...

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Is that the recovery that is in the hboot screen? I have done a nandroid backup with a App from the play store but I don't know if it make a backup of the Rom...

You know how the HBOOT screen looks like, right? The one with the 3 skating Androids that says:

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
IMG CRC
SIMLOCK

and something else. Anyways, select RECOVERY from there, and you'll boot into a black and blue menu. From there, scroll to "Bacup and Restore", select Nandroid backup and within a few minutes, you'll have a ROM backup.

rompi

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
You know how the HBOOT screen looks like, right? The one with the 3 skating Androids that says:

FASTBOOT
RECOVERY
IMG CRC
SIMLOCK

and something else. Anyways, select RECOVERY from there, and you'll boot into a black and blue menu. From there, scroll to "Bacup and Restore", select Nandroid backup and within a few minutes, you'll have a ROM backup.

hi! i am in the recovery screen but i have up to 10 things i can make a backup n they are:
[x] boot
[x] system
[x] data
[x] cache
[ ] recovery
[ ] sd-ext
[ ] .android _secure
[ ] .android_secure_internalsd
[ ] compress_backup
-Perform Backup

which one is?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
hi! i am in the recovery screen but i have up to 10 things i can make a backup n they are:
[x] boot
[x] system
[x] data
[x] cache
[ ] recovery
[ ] sd-ext
[ ] .android _secure
[ ] .android_secure_internalsd
[ ] compress_backup
-Perform Backup

which one is?

Perfect! Those selected will be backed up, which is the main backup, however, you are free to choose more things to back up if you so choose to. Just remember that the more you back up, the bigger the backup will be.

After you finish selecting what you want to backup, scroll down to "Perform Backup" and hit the Power button.

rompi

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Perfect! Those selected will be backed up, which is the main backup, however, you are free to choose more things to back up if you so choose to. Just remember that the more you back up, the bigger the backup will be.

After you finish selecting what you want to backup, scroll down to "Perform Backup" and hit the Power button.

Thanks! I have done the backup! What now?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I have done the backup! What now?

Now, you're ready to mod! Go into your recovery again, but this time, go to "Wipe". Select "Factory Reset, clear /cache, clear /data, clear /dalvik-cache" and then your phone is now cleared. But, your internal and external memory card still has all your files on there.

Now, you're ready to flash. Find where you put your zip file of the BoRKeD ROM and extract the boot.img and place it into the Fastboot Command Folder. If the BoRKeD ROM isn't already on your phone, go into the recovery if you left it and select USB mode or whatever it is called. Enable it and copy the ROM over. Now, disable that and go to "Flash Zip File". Find where you moved it and flash it. After it installs, boot into the FASTBOOT mode, connect your phone to the PC, and flash the boot.img file by typing this:

fastboot flash boot boot.img

I usually flash it 3 times just to make sure, but once should be fine. Now reboot your phone, and enjoy!

rompi

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Now, you're ready to mod! Go into your recovery again, but this time, go to "Wipe". Select "Factory Reset, clear /cache, clear /data, clear /dalvik-cache" and then your phone is now cleared. But, your internal and external memory card still has all your files on there.

Now, you're ready to flash. Find where you put your zip file of the BoRKeD ROM and extract the boot.img and place it into the Fastboot Command Folder. If the BoRKeD ROM isn't already on your phone, go into the recovery if you left it and select USB mode or whatever it is called. Enable it and copy the ROM over. Now, disable that and go to "Flash Zip File". Find where you moved it and flash it. After it installs, boot into the FASTBOOT mode, connect your phone to the PC, and flash the boot.img file by typing this:

fastboot flash boot boot.img

I usually flash it 3 times just to make sure, but once should be fine. Now reboot your phone, and enjoy!

Jiji hurra!!!! Thank you OperationA7X!!!!! everything work wonderful!!!! Thank you for all u r help!!!!! =)

Vetdoctor

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Operation A7X, I want to thank you for all the patient help you give us noob's. I recently changed up from WCX to Albinoman's CM10 Kang. It was a fitful event for this rusty rooter and I got a lot of silent support for my questions about my phone (including when it was "bricked" and took me 3 days to figure out what to do). It's always nice to see someone willing to help.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Operation A7X, I want to thank you for all the patient help you give us noob's. I recently changed up from WCX to Albinoman's CM10 Kang. It was a fitful event for this rusty rooter and I got a lot of silent support for my questions about my phone (including when it was "bricked" and took me 3 days to figure out what to do). It's always nice to see someone willing to help.

I'll be patient as long as someone is willing to work with me. I miss WCX a bit, but I do love BoRKeD ROM, even with the occasional SOD and that odd transition from screen 7 to screen 1. How's CM10 Kang going? Smooth I bet! :D Everyone knows they can inbox me for 1-on-1 support, and I'll actually get alerts for messages so I can respond faster.

You keep on flashing, and I'll keep on supporting and helping. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12