HTC Vivid 4.0.3 root help

Alejandro Ortega

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I know this is an old post, but I have an error D:

"E:Error in /sdcard/su-bin-3.0.3.2-efghi-signed.zip
(Status 0)

installation aborted.

EDIT: Bro, thanks a ton! I had to use a different version of SU and it finally worked :D I thank you for your post which was very easy for me to follow. PRO NOOB signing out. Peace

Last edited:

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I know this is an old post, but I have an error D:

"E:Error in /sdcard/su-bin-3.0.3.2-efghi-signed.zip
(Status 0)

installation aborted.

EDIT: Bro, thanks a ton! I had to use a different version of SU and it finally worked :D I thank you for your post which was very easy for me to follow. PRO NOOB signing out. Peace

You're quite welcome, although, I'm not sure how you had an issue with the zip I shared. Not saying anything bad, just curious, I may have to look into that. Thanks for your tip though, everyone learns something everyday. :D

Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums

yukonsjoy

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Just tried rooting for the first time tonight, followed the guide on page one and worked like a charm. Only issue I have is WiFi not working (using the latest cyanogen ROM)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Just tried rooting for the first time tonight, followed the guide on page one and worked like a charm. Only issue I have is WiFi not working (using the latest cyanogen ROM)

If you're S-ON, did you remember to manually flash the "boot.img" from the command prompt?

Paul Bourne

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
If you're S-ON, did you remember to manually flash the "boot.img" from the command prompt?

I didn't know I had to do that at first, but got that figured out. I tried reflashing, but really messed something up, so I went back to completely stock ROM (relocked bootloader), and started all over again. This time I CAN NOT get it to boot into CM, tries to boot into stock ROM but gets stuck at splash screen. giving up for the weekend and going back to stock :(

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know I had to do that at first, but got that figured out. I tried reflashing, but really messed something up, so I went back to completely stock ROM (relocked bootloader), and started all over again. This time I CAN NOT get it to boot into CM, tries to boot into stock ROM but gets stuck at splash screen. giving up for the weekend and going back to stock :(

I'm confused with what you typed.

yukonsjoy

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm confused with what you typed.

Which part? I screwed up somewhere while trying to reflash cyanogen, had to relock boodloader and reinstall stock ROM. After that I did the bootloader unlock and root, worked fine, but when I tried reflashing with cyanogen, it would not boot. Instead of the white HTC splash screen, than the cyanogen logo, it kept going to the Rogers splash screen then freezing. Tried going into recovery and wiping data/cache multiple times, but kept getting the same result, so I just relocked bootloader and installed stock ROM again.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Which part? I screwed up somewhere while trying to reflash cyanogen, had to relock boodloader and reinstall stock ROM. After that I did the bootloader unlock and root, worked fine, but when I tried reflashing with cyanogen, it would not boot. Instead of the white HTC splash screen, than the cyanogen logo, it kept going to the Rogers splash screen then freezing. Tried going into recovery and wiping data/cache multiple times, but kept getting the same result, so I just relocked bootloader and installed stock ROM again.

Yeah, and that's when I asked you if you flashed the "boot.img" that came with the CM.zip file. If so, you might have messed up somewhere else. You might have forgotten to wipe somewhere. Wipe /data, wipe /dalvik-cache, wipe /cache, and factory reset wipe.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using AC Forums mobile app

yukonsjoy

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, and that's when I asked you if you flashed the "boot.img" that came with the CM.zip file. If so, you might have messed up somewhere else. You might have forgotten to wipe somewhere. Wipe /data, wipe /dalvik-cache, wipe /cache, and factory reset wipe.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using AC Forums mobile app

The first time I tried flashing, I didn't, I had put the zip on SD card and tried mounting it that way. That didn't work, and then I learned I had to flash the boot.img with fastboot. I did that, and when it rebooted, it worked fine, including WiFi. However, after setting up phone and rebooting, WiFi would not work again.

The somewhere that I know I screwed up was I did 'fastboot flash system boot.img'. That is why I had to go back to completely stock. After that I went step by step again, based on the info provided in beginning of this thread, unlocked bootloader, rooted phone, flashed recovery, wiped data, cache, dalvik-cache, factory reset wipe, flashed boot.img, flashed gapps, rebooted, and yet freezes on 'Rogers' splash screen, will not boot into CM.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
The first time I tried flashing, I didn't, I had put the zip on SD card and tried mounting it that way. That didn't work, and then I learned I had to flash the boot.img with fastboot. I did that, and when it rebooted, it worked fine, including WiFi. However, after setting up phone and rebooting, WiFi would not work again.

The somewhere that I know I screwed up was I did 'fastboot flash system boot.img'. That is why I had to go back to completely stock. After that I went step by step again, based on the info provided in beginning of this thread, unlocked bootloader, rooted phone, flashed recovery, wiped data, cache, dalvik-cache, factory reset wipe, flashed boot.img, flashed gapps, rebooted, and yet freezes on 'Rogers' splash screen, will not boot into CM.

Have you tried other ROMs?

yukonsjoy

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I originally tried the PAC-Man ROM, but didn't really like it, so tried the CM ROM, and got the above results :)

Sent from my HTC-X710a using Tapatalk 4 Beta

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I originally tried the PAC-Man ROM, but didn't really like it, so tried the CM ROM, and got the above results :)

It's a long shot, but what about wiping /system and /boot?

yukonsjoy

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
It's a long shot, but what about wiping /system and /boot?

That's something I wasn't sure about. If I wipe /boot, I can easily reflash with boot.img, but what about wiping /system? Do I have to reflash with a system.img file?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
That's something I wasn't sure about. If I wipe /boot, I can easily reflash with boot.img, but what about wiping /system? Do I have to reflash with a system.img file?

I wouldn't think so, I just thought that's where the ROM is housed. So flashing the ROM would restore it.

woracek

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
yes, in the recovery i try to flash Superuser.zip, but when i press power to flash it ,it aborted
i do all previous steps...
what diferents is between superuser.zip versions? Superuser downloads | /superuser

- - - Updated - - -

yes, in the recovery i try to flash Superuser.zip, but when i press power to flash it ,it aborted
i do all previous steps...
what diferents is between superuser.zip versions? http://hosted.androidsu.com/superuser/