LG HTC VIVID for AT&T Stuck on HTC White Screen

Fadewolf

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
My HTC Vivid turned a black lit screen when I put it to charge, I later took off the battery and restarted and it's now stuck on the HTC white screen.
I've seen many posts on this issue, but I cannot seem to get this solved as I cannot connect my phone to my PC because for some reason it just won't be detected on HTC sync or anything.
People say go to your phone to tick USB Debugging, that's just it, I can't, stuck. on. HTC white screen.
I cannot run the RUU I've been hearing about to even find out if it works or not.

Help on this would be appreciated.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
My HTC Vivid turned a black lit screen when I put it to charge, I later took off the battery and restarted and it's now stuck on the HTC white screen.
I've seen many posts on this issue, but I cannot seem to get this solved as I cannot connect my phone to my PC because for some reason it just won't be detected on HTC sync or anything.
People say go to your phone to tick USB Debugging, that's just it, I can't, stuck. on. HTC white screen.
I cannot run the RUU I've been hearing about to even find out if it works or not.

You can run the RUU as long as you have HTC Drivers (In this case, you have HTC Sync), ability to turn on phone, and a good USB cord.

1) Boot into HBOOT menu.

[Achieve this by holding Volume Down + Power until you see 3 Androids on skateboards on the bottom of the screen.]

2) Using the Volume Buttons, navigate to FASTBOOT and use the Power button to select it.

3) Connect your phone to your PC, and confirm your phone is connected by looking at the Vivid's screen and locate the red banner, it should say "FASTBOOT USB" and not just "FASTBOOT".

4) Run the RUU.

[If you don't already have it, download it here: http://dl3.htc.com/application/htc_vivid_att_RUU_3.26.502.56_US.exe ]

5) Follow on-screen instructions.

6) Done.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

Follow up question: LG HTC Vivid? LG Never made this phone.

Splitz

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Ensure you are using a Windows Vista or Windows 7 machine.

I've had multiple problems with my Win8 64bit to see my Vivid other than SD Card...

OrionOrbit

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
You can run the RUU as long as you have HTC Drivers (In this case, you have HTC Sync), ability to turn on phone, and a good USB cord.

1) Boot into HBOOT menu.

[Achieve this by holding Volume Down + Power until you see 3 Androids on skateboards on the bottom of the screen.]

2) Using the Volume Buttons, navigate to FASTBOOT and use the Power button to select it.

3) Connect your phone to your PC, and confirm your phone is connected by looking at the Vivid's screen and locate the red banner, it should say "FASTBOOT USB" and not just "FASTBOOT".

4) Run the RUU.

[If you don't already have it, download it here: http://dl3.htc.com/application/htc_vivid_att_RUU_3.26.502.56_US.exe ]

5) Follow on-screen instructions.

6) Done.

Hi there, been trying to fix my vivid using this guide several times and I've been to many other forums as well and nothing seems to work. Following this guide, it does one of two things: It either quits because it says battery is under 30%, which it's not because it was 90% charged when I started it, or it stops with an error message and the RUU never completes.

Dan Abidde

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem its just that when I run the ruu my phone just tells me that the update failed. Then it tries to repair it and doesnt work go through all the steps to reapir it and it still shows the white screen.

HELP!!!

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Have you updated it at all? Or modded it in any way? That hinders it. Is the boot loader locked or relocked?

Sent from my HTC One unfortunately from Verizon

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem its just that when I run the ruu my phone just tells me that the update failed. Then it tries to repair it and doesnt work go through all the steps to reapir it and it still shows the white screen.

HELP!!!

You usually need S-OFF to run an RUU. Have you flashed a rom or a recovery? Also if you unlocked the bootloader, you should relock it.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
You don't need to S-OFF that's just if you want to run any RUU from any update. Running the wrong RUU renders a hard brick, hence, why I won't even S-OFF. I have no need to flash antennas, and I have time to flash the boot.img.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
If you updated when HTC sent out that minor update to most of its devices in 2012, that could also cause some issues, although I didn't think a small update like that could cause it.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
You don't need to S-OFF that's just if you want to run any RUU from any update. Running the wrong RUU renders a hard brick, hence, why I won't even S-OFF. I have no need to flash antennas, and I have time to flash the boot.img.

I'm use to the HTC One X where you can flash a bunch of RUU's to change the hboot :p. S-OFF is pretty nifty for flashing roms and such.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I S-OFF'd my One, that was very easy. I may actually consider getting a custom HBOOT!