Rooting phone to change frequency

sjrobinson

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

So I've done a bit of research and can't find too much on this subject. I did see one mention of downloading a new frequency bandwidth was it? Bare with me, I'm kinda new to phone technology. I've been able to root my droid, now I have an HTC Vivid as my primary phone.

The issue is that although its unlocked, Im with TMobile and I thought the frequencies for the phone matched those of TMobiles LTE but apparently not. Its still AT&T. My question is, if I root the phone can I change anything to make it work with TMobile any better? Its all a software thing right? I can get LTE in a really densely well reception area but have issues elsewhere. I mostly toggle between edge and 4g.

Thanks

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
The Vivid doesn't support 3G stock, just Edge, HSDPA+, and LTE. As for flashing antennas, I don't know if there are any for T-Mobile LTE that support the Vivid. Flashing the wrong antennas will hard brick the Vivid. Just enjoy the 4G. Your battery will thank you.

Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums

sjrobinson

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Ok. I guess I understood what I read wrong. I thought it was more of a software than a hardware thing. So theres no way rooting my phone could improve my data connection?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Technically, rooting can help you, but with a custom ROM with modified antenna settings.

That's all I got. I never needed to mess with the strength of the antennas.

Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums