My wife's Vivid

MaxxMeister

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey all...

My wife's Vivid won't connect to WiFi...I mean right here at home it won't work, it says it's not in range...2 feet away!! My HTC One X connects just fine. So I've resetted the phone, turn the wifi off and on, wait for it to scan, click on our home wifi, and the only 2 options I get are "cancel" and "forget"....so I went through it all again and selected "forget" and tried to connect it that way....still nothing.

Anything?!!

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
The WiFi turns on but doesn't connect? Or is the switch greyed out?

Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums

KurtTX

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Does it not connect to the one WiFi (home?) but connects to others? During the scanning process and then when you it starts to process, do you see "Obtaining IP address...."? Also, is the SSID for your WiFi network set to display or is it hidden? If it is hidden, you have to manually go through the steps to connect. But once connected, you should automatically connect even if the SSID is hidden.

Kurt

MaxxMeister

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Does it not connect to the one WiFi (home?) but connects to others? During the scanning process and then when you it starts to process, do you see "Obtaining IP address...."? Also, is the SSID for your WiFi network set to display or is it hidden? If it is hidden, you have to manually go through the steps to connect. But once connected, you should automatically connect even if the SSID is hidden.

Kurt
You do see "Obtaining IP address" and then nothing...and it is set up to be visual, it's visual on my phone. Also it has worked for almost 2 years, then out of nowhere...nothing.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
You could try flashing the stock HTC Vivid kernel again, worth a shot. I mean, when I flashed a bad kernel once/it messed up, my WiFi wouldn't work.

Sent from my HTC Vivid BoRKed using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy