[TUTORIAL][S-OFF] Virgin Mobile CDMA S-OFF Without XTC-Clip Confi

Shimmy583

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Any suggestions from those who got it to work would be appreciated. There must be a reason why I can't get it to work, but I can't think of anything I didn't do, undo, then redo.

For the record, I used two different cards from different manufacturers. Both were easily converted to Gold Cards.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

xxkevingreenxx

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [TUTORIAL][S-OFF] Virgin Mobile CDMA S-OFF Without XTC-Clip C

After i format for the gold card, i change to disk mode, then chose mmc1 and get mmc but it says to try all the other mmc's. (those dont give me the code either). below that it also says, *this CID is already reversed. Does that mean the gold card is completed?

Shimmy583

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I would get the same error message, seemingly at random. I read somewhere that the program can be unpredictable like that. I tried restarting the program, rebooting my computer, using different mmc options just to "trick" it, but there seemed to be no rhyme or reason behind why it would work, then not work when I'd try to redo it.

If you get it to work once, but want to redo the process from start to finish (maybe because it didn't work), paste the CID to WordPad or something. That number will be the same as long as you keep using the same SD. The CID is unique to the SD that's being used and not some randomly-generated code.

The "This CID is already reversed" message is a reference to another s-off method that requires ADB. I think it's an older method. The number that method generates has to be manually reversed (as in, you have to type it backwards and add 2 zeros to the beginning) when entering it into the CID field of the website that SimpleGoldCard.exe links us to.

Shimmy583

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Tried again and got the same result. This is what it says:

Parsing...[PG76DIAG.nbh]
[1] MFG DIAG
Security fail!
Update Fail!
Press <POWER> to reboot.

I'm still researching, but I'm not finding the solution I'm looking for.

For the record, I'm on HBOOT v.1.06.0000.

Shimmy583

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Got it to work.

I switched to another SD card and started fresh with all the GoldCard crap-haha.

I used 2fast4u88's script, though. It failed after several tries with the original SD, but worked on the first try with the new SD.

Maybe the SD cards I used up to this point were no good for this procedure because I can't think of a thing I could've done differently.

If anyone is still having problems, I got this now-haha. Maybe I can help.

ingzane

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site

I'm having a problem creating a goldcard, every time I try to format the sdcard it says the format has stopped working unexpectedly:'(. I have tried three different cards a 2gb scandisk, a 8gb dane-elec, and a 2gb samsung non of them are working....i turned on debugging and put the usb connection on the phone to disk drive....I'm using window vista home basic. I would be grateful to anyone that lend help in this issue.

ddulak

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site

Got it to work.

I switched to another SD card and started fresh with all the GoldCard crap-haha.

I used 2fast4u88's script, though. It failed after several tries with the original SD, but worked on the first try with the new SD.

Maybe the SD cards I used up to this point were no good for this procedure because I can't think of a thing I could've done differently.

If anyone is still having problems, I got this now-haha. Maybe I can help.

so what is that you did to make it work

ingzane

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site

anyone else having issues with the sd card dismounting randomly after rooting?

Shimmy583

May 3, 2011
Visit site
so what is that you did to make it work

Essentially, I think switching to another sd card is what caused the process to succeed. Can't confirm it, though.

I used 2fast4u88's program (available in another post on this forum). I simply followed those instructions after switching sd cards. I should've repeated the process as outlined in this post instead of switching, as it would've shed some light on the sd card issue, but I was sick of repeating the same steps. Not a great reason, but I was getting frustrated.

I went through all the GoldCard jazz. When running the program, you don't have to install the DIAG files that we seemed to be hung up on-they're installed by the program itself.

Check out 2fast4u88's post in this forum and give it a try. However, like I said, my sd card may have made all the difference.

Shimmy583

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a problem creating a goldcard, every time I try to format the sdcard it says the format has stopped working unexpectedly:'(. I have tried three different cards a 2gb scandisk, a 8gb dane-elec, and a 2gb samsung non of them are working....i turned on debugging and put the usb connection on the phone to disk drive....I'm using window vista home basic. I would be grateful to anyone that lend help in this issue.

Try right-clicking on SimpleGoldCard.exe, then Troubleshoot Compatibility. Let Windows try to detect compatibility issues. When it's done with that, select the first option in the next window that opens (Recommended...). The next window should say something like:

"Settings applied:
Windows XP mode (Sevice Pack 2)"

Hope that helps.

JaimeDiego

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site

I need to know the following information for my completion of a successful S-off for my Virgin mobile Wildfire S thats runs 2.3.4 firmware (gingerbread):

1).Can i get new files for the S-off?
(when itry to open the pg76diag.rar file on my computer... it says that it appears to be broken on damaged/ thus when it scans my goldcard for it, it says NO IMG or WRONG IMG! and i believe it couldnt find it on my phone because it is a damaged file

2.) Is there any confirmed cases where it works on a virgin mobile wildfire s running 2.3.4?

3.) Also i updated my phone, will that somehow interfere with this process?

4.) If i already created a goldcard, do i have to keep remaking a gold card? (i did that too lol)

*I would prefer these questions be answered by people that have done things via trial and error and know what they are talking about. P.S. Why havent i seen one YouTube tut on this particular S-Off for Virgin Mobile?? :) my email is also bryantbrandon582@gmail.com

blazer1155

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site

recboy

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site

Will This work on T-Mobile wildfire s 2.3.3 it has a sim card sorry i am a noob

androidify1234

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site

why do i get this error, after doing up to all steps and extracting to sd. on hboot i fail. please help, message i get: parsing.. [pg76diag.nbh] [1] mfg diag. security fail, update fail.

crispy2104

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site

Having trouble with the goldcard, I have downloaded DIAG Files.rar with nothing, I did download the file from above. I'm not getting PG76DIAG.nbh or PG76DIAG.zip, do i have to search for them? The DIAG file has a Microsoft media player, for icon is this wright?

My Phone info is: HTC wildfire s, Carrier is VM. Software info: Adroid Version 2.3.4, HTC sense version 2.1, software number 1.02.652.00. PRI version: 1.25_144, PRL version 61007.

I'm a noob when it comes to rooting, I would like to turn the phone into a hotspot, and most of all remove bloatware and free up some room on the phone.

Thank you and sorry I'm a noob!
Crispy2104

jshue

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I have followed all the steps successfully, and when i boot into HBOOT its starts to update, then it says "Update fail!" Any Ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay